Batman' star punched, stopped from visiting blind Chinese activist

JayATL

Watch video. Here 'Batman' star punched, stopped from visiting blind Chinese activist - CNN.com

DONGSHIGU VILLAGE, China (CNN) -- As Christian Bale approached an impromptu checkpoint leading to this tiny village in eastern China, four men blocking the narrow path started marching toward him in menacing unison.
"I am here to see Chen Guangcheng," the Hollywood actor said and I translated, with correspondent Stan Grant and cameraman Brad Olson next to us.

"Go away!" the plainclothes guards barked, pushing us back. Amid the scuffling and yelling, dozens more guards in olive-green, military-style overcoats -- and two gray minivans -- emerged from the other side of the checkpoint, all coming toward us.

"Why can I not visit this free man?" Bale asked repeatedly, only to receive punches from guards aiming for his small camera as they tried to drag him away from the rest of us.

As we retreated, I recognized the ringleader -- the same burly man who had hurled rocks at the CNN team 10 months earlier to force us out of the same location.
A precarious scene ensued Thursday as one of the gray minivans chased our car at high speed on bumpy country roads for some 40 minutes.
When the dust settled, we counted a broken car, a damaged camera -- and a "Batman" star disappointed at -- but not shocked by -- his failure to see a personal hero.
"What I really wanted to do was to meet the man, shake his hand and say what an inspiration he is," Bale said.
Christian Bale visits China as activist
The man, 40-year-old Chen Guangcheng, has been confined to his home along with his wife, mother and daughter, and watched around the clock by dozens of guards since he was released from prison in September 2010. A local court had sentenced him to more than four years in prison for damaging property and disrupting traffic in a protest.

Last edited:

JayATL

There used to be another handicapped activist, his handicap was "non violence" .... But he was for his people

To this blind activist... You are fighting for your people. Keep at it

trackwhack

Did he expect them to ask for his autograph? :pound: This is China, not disneyland.

niharjhatn

LOL he should have put on his bat suit and then "negotiated" with the guys.

On another note, apparently those who have seen the short intro to the "dark knight rises" have said it is really awesome :D

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Val Kilmer would have cleaned their clocks.

hitesh

Watch video. Here 'Batman' star punched, stopped from visiting blind Chinese activist - CNN.com

DONGSHIGU VILLAGE, China (CNN) -- As Christian Bale approached an impromptu checkpoint leading to this tiny village in eastern China, four men blocking the narrow path started marching toward him in menacing unison.
"I am here to see Chen Guangcheng," the Hollywood actor said and I translated, with correspondent Stan Grant and cameraman Brad Olson next to us.

"Go away!" the plainclothes guards barked, pushing us back. Amid the scuffling and yelling, dozens more guards in olive-green, military-style overcoats -- and two gray minivans -- emerged from the other side of the checkpoint, all coming toward us.

"Why can I not visit this free man?" Bale asked repeatedly, only to receive punches from guards aiming for his small camera as they tried to drag him away from the rest of us.

As we retreated, I recognized the ringleader -- the same burly man who had hurled rocks at the CNN team 10 months earlier to force us out of the same location.
A precarious scene ensued Thursday as one of the gray minivans chased our car at high speed on bumpy country roads for some 40 minutes.
When the dust settled, we counted a broken car, a damaged camera -- and a "Batman" star disappointed at -- but not shocked by -- his failure to see a personal hero.

Was that a BATMOBILE :laugh:

even i can not recognize him with out his Bat suit on:sad:

agentperry

this thing china can not ignore and can not avoid/ignore as western propaganda, a famous star is mis-treated in open.

hooliganism of cpc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles