Barkha Dutt claims beheading of pak soldiers by Indian Army during kar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raj30

Barkha Dutt claims beheading of pak soldiers by Indian Army during kargil

Though the original article has been taken down

B.RAMAN "@SORBONNE75
There seems to be an attempt to discredit Indian Army.Needs further probe.

Dear Barkha Dutt: The Buck Stops Where? � Kafila
Dear Barkha Dutt: The Buck Stops Where?
JANUARY 16, 2013
tags: Barkha Dutt, India-Pakistan, India-Pakistan beheading of soldiers, Kargil, Kashmir, Line of Control
by Shuddhabrata Sengupta
On the of latest edition, (telecast a few hours ago, on the evening of the 15th of January, 2013) of 'The Buck Stops Here', (a flagship news show on NDTV anchored by Barkha Dutt) – 'India-Pakistan:Another Tipping Point', Admiral (Retd.) Ramdas, former chief of the Indian Navy said he knew that Indian forces have beheaded Pakistani soldiers in the past. Gen. (Retd.) V.P. Malik, former chief of the Indian Army contradicted him, and said this had never happened. Barkha Dutt was silent on this matter.

Below is a summary of some highlights of the discussion.

Around 21:15 minutes into the programme, Admiral Ramdas says, "Beheading of Troops has been going on from both sides has been for some time, I mean there is evidence of this"¦"

Barkha Dutt, eager to change the subject, nervously interjects and says 'I want you to comment, Sir, on Sporting and Cultural ties, because that is what has been hit today"¦'. Why is she so anxious to change the subject? Is it because Admiral Ramdas is clearly speaking about something she personally does not want spoken about?

Then, a little later, Ms. Dutt asks Gen. Malik to speak, she also asks him to talk whether 'Sporting and Cultural Ties should become the fall-guy'.

Gen. V.P. Malik says (around 24:40 minutes into the program), ""¦And I don't agree with Admiral (Ram) Das that both sides have been doing this, I would like to see anybody give me one instance where this kind of inhuman act has been done by the Indian army"¦ I know that with great respect, we not only buried their bodies with great respect"¦we returned any body that they asked for."

Barkha Dutt knows what Admiral Ramdas was talking about. As has been pointed out before on Kafila, she has written about it (the decapitation of Pakistani soldiers by the Indian army during the Kargil conflict in the summer of 1999) herself in Himal magazine (June, 2001).

I had to look three times to make sure I was seeing right. Balanced on one knee, in a tiny alley behind the army's administrative offices, I was peering through a hole in a corrugated tin sheet. At first glance, all I could see were some leaves. I looked harder and amidst all the green, there was a hint of black—it looked like a moustache. "Look again," said the army colonel, in a tone that betrayed suppressed excitement. This time, I finally saw.

It was a head, the disembodied face of a slain soldier nailed onto a tree. "The boys got it as a gift for the brigade," said the colonel, softly, but proudly. [Archived at The Hoot]

So that is an instance where 'this kind of inhuman act' did happen. So why did she not say so to Gen. Malik. She is not 'anybody', she was there, and this is an issue that is being discussed on a show that she is anchoring. How long can it be before she gets called out for the gross irresponsibility of her reticence on this very crucial matter. Was she lying in 2001, or, is she concealing the truth now?

But the buck, doesn't stop here.

Then, a BJP Politician and spokesman for his party, Ravi Shankar Prasad is asked by Barkha Dutt about the NDA's record on India-Pakistan relations. She mentions Vajpayee as the architect of the India Pakistan Peace Process , Kargil, Parliament Attack, Hijacking of IC 814, Historic Ceasefire of 2003 etc.

Ravi Shankar Prasad begins, not by immediately addressing Barkha Dutt's question, but by contradicting Admiral Ramdas. Around 26:39 minutes into the program, Ravi Shankar Prasad says – ""¦Mr. Ramdas has been a distinguished Naval chief, but for him to make a comment that even Indian forces have been beheading, I am happy Gen. Malik contradicted him very conclusively, Admiral Ramdas you need to understand that Pakistani people will lap up your comment, and seek to condemn Indian army in no uncertain terms, I am seeing that happening, for heavens sake don't make these sweeping comments."

"Don't call on Heaven, Mr. Prasad" (Admiral Ramdas says, attempting to interject) but Barkha Dutt doesn't let him speak. Once again, she does not contradict, question or challenge Ravi Shankar Prasad. Her evasion in this matter, at this point, when it has popped up on her program for the third time now, is a truly sweeping statement.

Then, Barkha Dutt moves on to Congress spokesman, Avishek Manu Singhvi, and other matters, and other panelists, Ashutosh Varshney and Leela Ponnappa, the question that Admiral Ramdas raised is forgotten, but it lingers, silent, and sullen, like the ghost of a beheaded soldier in the studio.

At the end of the programme, Shahvar Ali Khan, a musician from Lahore, Pakistan says "All the peace loving people of Pakistan are with the grief of the people of India." He hopes that the present situation will not affect cultural and social ties.

Ravi Shankar Prasad says that he loves Pakistani Ghazal songs, but says artists, sportsmen and people who want peace are "fringe players".

Then, Barkha Dutt asks Admiral Ramdas for a comment. He says, "If for so many years things have gone wrong, the fault lies not with sportsmen and artists, why punish them for what why have not done?"

Who makes the constituency of peace a fringe, and who makes the dogs of war, the people Shahvar Ali Khan calls the 'hate-mongers', on either side of the LOC, occupy the centre-stage, again and again?

If an important television journalist like Barkha Dutt talks about the fact that both armies have committed acts of savagery, which, I repeat, she says she knows, because she has said that she has seen this with her own eyes, it will weaken the dogs of war. This admission, coming from a public figure like her, will make it more difficult for the war-party on either side of the LOC to point their fingers only at people across the border.

Nothing can strengthen the constituency of peace more at this crucial juncture, than a little honest and public introspection, on both sides. Let us hope that will occur. Barkha Dutt can set the ball rolling, if she chooses to. The buck, starts with her.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Re: Barkha Dutt claims beheading of pak soldiers by Indian Army during

she is the one who is responsible for death of our soldiers in Kargil at the time of tiger hill attack, he broadcast that we are going to attack at night, before the attack begain, thereby giving advance info to enemy about the attack.
Is't she the one who was named in 2g scam. I think she should be in jail for 2g scam.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag

Bakhri Dutt should be beheaded to end all controversies. :lol:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

The same Burkha Dutt was telling her Pakistan handlers that at this Particular Hour, from this particular side Indian army is going to mount an attack on Tiger Hill.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

btw GOP or PA never said a word on this all these years but stupid journalist in effort to get more publicity has said this.
Shame on her.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Barkha Dutt is a Id ki bakra.

A prize goat.

Peeping into corrugated tin! Great that in a war where the shelling is reaching all troops, Barkha Dutt finds an 'administrative office'! That is her idea of war!

And to believe that someone would bring down from the mountains where the fighting was going on a PW and behead him. All returning to the road had to pass through checkpoints and identified. PsW were accounted for by the MPs (Military Police). There is no question of sneaking PW chaps without being correctly recorded for.

There is shot and shell and there is what is called the fog of war, but it is never a circus. For if it is, then all control would vanish and all hell would break loose and the war lost!

As if the reporters were moving around fearless of the shelling around!

Anything to fabricate to be a heroine!

As far as Ramdas is concerned, he was never there anywhere close to 1000 miles to Kargil. But he is close to Pakistan because of family ties!

Last edited:

Raj30

Sarvam Anityam " @SATISHv278 @mediacrooks in a malayalam movie "kurukshetra" on kargil where a reporter - a certain "dutt" is duly shown as causing deaths chk it out.

2h Shakuntala Iyer "@shakkuiyer @SATISHv278 @mediacrooks : The report as I got told abt a lady journo asking officer 4 demo firing resulted in Pak firing back n killing 2

2h sathya narayanan "@sathya0709 @SATISHv278 @mediacrooks Even Unnai Pol Oruvan has a Barkha like Reporter being warned of anti national activities by Mohanlal

2h The Egonomist "@shivsankar @SATISHv278 The radioguys knew this and that's why they are broadcasting a song from this same movie right now ;-) @mediacrooks

2h Praveen Chandran "@praveenchandr8n @SATISHv278 @mediacrooks :I thnk it was #Keerthichakra .MajorRavi de director has quotd well,struggls of Army&blunders of Paidmedia4News&TRP

Last edited by a moderator:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

she is the one who is responsible for death of our soldiers in Kargil at the time of tiger hill attack, he broadcast that we are going to attack at night, before the attack begain, thereby giving advance info to enemy about the attack.
Is't she the one who was named in 2g scam. I think she should be in jail for 2g scam.
Not just that... all Indian media helped terrorists sitting in Pak by their live coverage in 26/11. :tsk:

These TRP hungry channels would go to any level.

Defenceindia2010

Country flag

The fat ass aunty is going too far, she should migrate to Pakistan she will be better off anchoring for the Paki's. Unpatriotic Cow.:mad:

jalsa

Lets assume our soldiers have done that, is it so wrong in war? killing unarmed man is not right but, beheading a jihadi soldier is not sinful, you are actually helping him get 72 or something virgins.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

is it confirmed?

khuda gawah ha professional army aur ye?

ye to anark ho gya

on topic

leave beheading apart even if a limb of a pakistani soldier is chopped by indian soldiers.the response will such that even video will be uploaded on youtube by PA in response while beheading

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

we dont behead, we just rape them and post their video on net. After all PA is army of submissives.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

we dont behead, we just rape them and post their video on net. After all PA is army of submissives.
They love bending over and submitting...their speciality is submitting in masses.

Agnostic Muslim

They love bending over and submitting...their speciality is submitting in masses.
Of course, which is why, after all the trumped up rage, anger and calls for 'drastic action against Pakistan', all it took was a 10 minute phone call between the 2 DGMO's for things to go right back to where they were ...

pmaitra

I had read an article in Telegraph Calcutta. I remember the exact title, "Head hunters take no prisoners." I remember the vivid details of one operation by soldiers of the Naga Regiment. It cannot be found on the internet. I have searched.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Of course, which is why, after all the trumped up rage, anger and calls for 'drastic action against Pakistan', all it took was a 10 minute phone call between the 2 DGMO's for things to go right back to where they were ...
You are wrong... it took lives of 4 Pakis and STERN warning from India of "retaliatory offensive" which put you on backfoot.

So it took 10 mins for Pakis to back off and "de-esclate".

Why do you start what you cant finish? :lol:

JBH22

In a sense her false career is built on nepotism,favouritism and the most heinous part is on the dead bodies of Indian jawaans.

Agnostic Muslim

You are wrong... it took lives of 4 Pakis and STERN warning from India of "retaliatory offensive" which put you on backfoot.
3 Pakistanis actually, and what 'retaliatory offensive'?
So it took 10 mins for Pakis to back off and "de-esclate".
Pakistan had to offer nothing and change nothing - we continue to deny Indian allegations.

If all it takes is a 10 minute conversation between the DGMO's to settle things down, just do that first next time instead of jumping around like jackrabbits and making an issue out of nothing.
Why do you start what you cant finish? :lol:
Pakistan did not start anything - we maintained that we were not responsible and did not cross the LoC. Our media largely ignored India's tantrums. The only side that backed down here is India, and, as I said before, even most of India's government leadership took a sane and rational position for the most part, and ultimately succeeded in making the hawks baying for blood in India back down.

MMS and those in the Congress party that supported him deserve appreciation for calming the situation and restoring sanity within India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles