Barber cuts dalit’s nose in Mandya

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Adux, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

Barber cuts dalit’s nose in Mandya - The Times of India

The Messiah likes this.
  3. Adux

I shudder to think how these people used to live just 70 years ago, forget the rest of 1000 years. Evil son's of bitches.

4. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

WTF?

And in Mandya region?

Don't spare them. Make an example out of them. Cannot believe that this still occurs in 2011. :frusty:

5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

aren't barbers dalits too ? and how come only rich and powerful dalits are allowed ?

6. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Exceptional is always there but they are not examples.

India is a country of 1.21 Billion people. If such 1-2 things happens rarely, it should not be considered as trend. few of my friends are Dalits, they are doing well. I never heard any discrimination. Hell, even I didn't knew the caste of most of my friends. I just came to know after many years only as i was very close. Who knows who is my barber ? Does it matter ? I don't think so.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  7. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

It seems money is an equalizer and if the dalit doesn't have the money he will be treated as an untouchable. Now we have dalits discriminating other dalits based on financial status.

8. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Mandya is quite close to Bangalore on the Bangalore Mysore route.

It's sad that this is still happening.

9. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Its a rural phenomenon. You don't see such things in city because people don't ask for your caste. But in villages where each one know each other person in village, such discrimination happens.

10. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Thats interesting. one more mudda for politicians to target poor dalits now. This social inequality among dalits is going to be big issue in coming days and will strengthen the demand of reservations based on income not on casts.

11. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

No, It's not true. I do often visit rural areas. I was born in Bihar which is known for Caste based society. I am aware of what's happening. There are few such things, But they are exceptional.

If it would be big issue, Then everyday we will hear 10,000 such incident afterall Dalits living in 7,00,000 villages with population of 180 Million. Isn't it after all media is free.

12. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

even dalits torture dalits these days

Wealthy UP family parades Dalit woman naked - Yahoo!

A middle-aged Dalit woman was brazenly paraded naked in Chandwapur village of Uttar Pradesh’s Lakhimpur Kheri district on Saturday.

An affluent Dalit family put Ram Pyari, 45, through this public humiliation as they believed her husband, Darbari Lal, had helped their daughter Jayanti elope. Jayanti, a divorcee, had been living with her parents for the past two years. She had eloped with Mannu, a youth from the village.

SP Amit Chandra confirmed the incident and said five youth from the family have been arrested. “ It was a well- planned crime. WhileHaridwari Lal, Jayanti’s father, was registering a complaint againstDarbadi Lal at Isanagar police station, his family members were torturing Ram Pyari,” he said.

“They had kidnapped and locked her in their house on Friday night. However, they paraded her naked the next morning when she couldn’t give any clue about Jayanti’s whereabouts,” he further said. Ram Pyari later told the police that out of the 500 in the village no one had dared to intervene to save her.

“They abducted and locked me in a room. But they got furious when I told them that I had no idea about where Jayanti was and who she had eloped with. So they dragged me into the street and ripped off my clothes. They also groped and beat me with batons and belts,” she told the police.

The incident is gradually taking on political hues with Iqbal Ahmed Khan, Congress district president, saying his party will not sit by and allow such injustice to take place. “The victim is a poor Dalit woman while the accused are wealthy Dalits with political links... Recently, a girl was raped and killed in a police station in the same district. These incidents took place in a state where the CM herself is a Dalit woman. We will raise the issue of rising crimes against women,” Khan said.

13. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

How come the barber allows wealthy Dalits and chops nose of a poor Dalit? Media sensationalism turning a feud/altercation into some kind of an anti dalit activity!

P.S: No denial that there is casteism and it has to be uprooted; however, this doesn't seems like a case of casteism to me, this is purely criminal!

hit&run and pmaitra like this.
  14. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

i get a feeling that this has to do something with money....what is difference between rich dalit and poor dalit?

15. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

No matter what level of development a society has a reached,there is always scope for stratification of social roles at a functional level.India's liberated classes are perhaps finding out finding out new uses to the old caste system.The function is still the same.squeeze the access and availability of social resources to as few as possible.

16. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

dalits have an internal social stratification not visible to others.Jatavs may discriminate chamars and chamars may discriminate valmikism

17. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

In AP we have a dalit on dalit feud btw MRPS and the Mallala forum.

18. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

That is true, but then amongst them too there is division of untouchability.

I am have experienced the same and it shocked me!

It is more disgusting than the untouchability that we understand.

A Chamar or a Mang is taken to be lower than a Mahar and discrimination occurs!

India is a country where there are wonders still happening!

Singh likes this.
  19. Adux

Indians and Hinduism at its finest glory.

20. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

It is terrible the trend of abuse suffered by the Dalits. They need to have their own sit-ins and demand enforcement of the law.

21. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Do you understand in Majority of the cases other backward castes such as the Jats, Gurjjars, Meenas, Kurmis, Yadavs etc discriminate dalits over land, water and power. This whole charade of Upper caste Brahmins discriminating others is false (as in majority of the regions they have no power what so ever), Brahmins may discriminate only where they have land and power and those places are very few......pick up any report and in majority of the instances it's non-Brahmins i.e backward casts mentioned above are found discriminating other castes and even Brahmins!!

Blaming everything on powerless Brahmins is an age old ploy implemented by imperialists, then communists and now evangelists, however truth reigns supreme!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011