Barack Obama's visit to India - 2015

Poseidon

Country flag
TV reports say that Modi has invited Obama to be Chiefs Guest on Republic Day 2015.
He is likely to accept the invitation.

Last edited:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Please merge the thread I started here, latest news on ibn 7 says he's accepted.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Modi has announced this on Twitter

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
On the other hand now I'm really worried about the traffic situation on the 26th of January in Delhi this time around :p

sorcerer

Country flag
Modi invites Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations

Invited Obama To Be Republic Day Chief Guest: Modi

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited US President Barack Obama to be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day 2015, an invitation which has been accepted by the American leader.

"This Republic Day, we hope to have a friend over"¦invited President Obama to be the 1st US President to grace the occasion as Chief Guest," Modi tweeted.

This will be first time any US President would be the Chief Guest on the Republic Day.

Invited Obama To Be Republic Day Chief Guest: Modi - The New Indian Express

Modi invites Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations - IBNLive
[hr][/hr]

Putin to visit India in December 2014 - presidential aide

Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit India at the end of 2014, presidential aide Yury Ushakov said.

"Vladimir Putin will pay a customary visit to India in December - now it's our Indian partners' turn to receive us," Ushakov said at a press conference on Thursday in the run up to Putin's visit to Brazil to take part in a BRICS summit, where he should have his first personal meeting with new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the sidelines.

"Special significance should be attached to preparations for another Russian-Indian summit, which will take place in India this year. In this context, the discussion will concern a substantive agenda of the Russian president's upcoming visit to India, primarily with regard to trade and economic" cooperation, Ushakov said.

Putin to visit India in December 2014 - presidential aide - News - Politics - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

Last edited:

Poseidon

Country flag
White House has officially confirmed that President Obama has accepted the invitation.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Dunno how big an impact it will make but in the show sha tashan culture of colloquial Delhi, modi just became the big boss.
I was trying to crack a joke what if AK lands up in the parade ground with his muffler and topi :D

==
Even his worst critics are bending over backwards to suck upto him.

ghost

Re: Barack Obama to be Chief guest on Republic Day 2015.

Putin is coming to India in December !!

Yes,but could have been postponed few days,to be the "chief guest at republic day".

In world politics symbolism has its own part to play,especially at times of such heightened tension between US ans Russia .

You can have two conflicting "friends" at one time ,but you can't have two conflicting" best friends" at the same time.Anyways mine was just some humor,real politics is much more complex.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

India is not a weak nation to fear Bigger powers.

You are assuming a small nation called India between two Bigger powers. This is not the scenario, India's capabilities are increasing along with the strength of economy.

Indian diplomacy is the best, even in cold war era India has maintained good relationship between USA and USSR, that tradition continues.

Russia wants India to play a major role in previous soviet nations, to act as reliable friend and fill the vacuum left by Soviet Russia.

USA wants India to play its role in emerging new world order. I think our foreign affairs can deal with both of them :thumb:

Yes,but could have been postponed few days,to be the "chief guest at republic day".

In world politics symbolism has its own part to play,especially at times of such heightened tension between US ans Russia .

You can have two conflicting "friends" at one time ,but you can't have two conflicting" best friends" at the same time.Anyways mine was just some humor,real politics is much more complex.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
about the muffler, AK's gonna need a lot more protection from the Delhi winter!

as for the putinator, i'm foreseeing a big juicy defence deal to keep him happy as well. we'll probably sign for three more Talwars!

ghost

India is not a weak nation to fear Bigger powers.

You are assuming a small nation called India between two Bigger powers. This is not the scenario, India's capabilities are increasing along with the strength of economy.

Indian diplomacy is the best, even in cold war era India has maintained good relationship between USA and USSR, that tradition continues.

Russia wants India to play a major role in previous soviet nations, to act as reliable friend and fill the vacuum left by Soviet Russia.

USA wants India to play its role in emerging new world order. I think our foreign affairs can deal with both of them :thumb:
Sir,

You have misinterpreted me,neither am I talking about fear nor India being a small power.I am just talking about symbolism,for eg at times of heightened tension between India and Pakistan ,if Russia invites head of Pakistan as its chief guest,it might not have an impact on real politics but still it would be not something which India would like at its face value,Russia being an old "friend"(not power).

Regarding Indian diplomacy skills ,I agree with you.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Sir,

You have misinterpreted me,neither am I talking about fear nor India being a small power.I am just talking about symbolism,for eg at times of heightened tension between India and Pakistan ,if Russia invites head of Pakistan as its chief guest,it might not have an impact on real politics but still it would be not something which India would not like at its face value,Russia being an old "friend"(not power).
Strategic relations are complicated and In my view Both Russia and USA knows India is a reliable country, so no need to worry :thumb:

gaurav96

Maverick
I dont think Putin will mind this.. hes already attended once and he will be more interested in getting deals tied up

Zebra

Country flag
Re: Obama to be the chief guest at republic day celebrations 2015

self delete.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles