'Bar on Rushdie barbaric, free the written word'

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Its OK for secularists if MF Hussain draws Hindu gods in unmentionable positions but its not OK for Salman Rushdie writes a book Satanic Verses.

Are the secularists hypocrites or closet communalists or plain anti-Hindus??.

Everyday they get keep exposed but they always get the cover behind the paid Media and pseudo-secular parties.
and who are these seculars that you bash off ? are they secular or pseudo secular ? probably the latter

you do realize that abusing secular people you are also abusing yourself because i would think you are secular and not pseudo secular.

by all means bash pseudo secular people but why tar real secular people with the same brush ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This is also an evil Hindu conspiracy!! The evil, barbaric Hindus and their Nazi-loving Buddhist sidekicks are behind this to defame innocent secularists! I know it.

:rotfl:

Secularists are so predictable; wherever they scamper through, they leave a trail of hypocrisy and a stench of cowardice. :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl::pound::pound::pound:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Its OK for secularists if MF Hussain draws Hindu gods in unmentionable positions but its not OK for Salman Rushdie writes a book Satanic Verses.

Are the secularists hypocrites or closet communalists or plain anti-Hindus??.

Everyday they get keep exposed but they always get the cover behind the paid Media and pseudo-secular parties.
Don't copy what I say :taunt:

SPIEZ

Country flag
i really cant understand what you have said????
I was saying the same thing that DD said without the details, everyone starts opposing BJP and like wise parties for being anti-secular. Now when the same thing happens to another community (aka salman rushdie's community) they call it blasphemous, totally unjustified etc etc etc etc....

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
and who are these seculars that you bash off ? are they secular or pseudo secular ? probably the latter

you do realize that abusing secular people you are also abusing yourself because i would think you are secular and not pseudo secular.

by all means bash pseudo secular people but why tar real secular people with the same brush ?
I'm talking about the people who write columns in Tehelka and other Yellow media and the ones who come to the studios and pass themselves as secular persons. I'm not targeting secular persons who would never tom tom their secular credentials like the pseudo-seculars that I have just described. Sorry, If I was not clear earlier.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Shoma Chaudhuri is the unique specimen from Tehelka.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I was saying the same thing that DD said without the details, everyone starts opposing BJP and like wise parties for being anti-secular. Now when the same thing happens to another community (aka salman rushdie's community) they call it blasphemous, totally unjustified etc etc etc etc....

totally agreed :namaste:

but the solution comes to this problem from them itself! Just like we oursele will criticize an idiot within Hindus who is arrogantly stupid!

lemontree

Professional
A simple topic of allowing or dis-allowing Sulman Rusdie to visit a Jaipur festival gets converted into a slug fest between to groups of secularists with each one claiming to be the true secularists!!...:D

The issue is much deeper, and each government shoves it under the carpet, because they don't know how to deal with it. Sulman Rushdie's book was banned, but he has not been banned. Why can't he visit India?

If Syed Gilani of the Hurriyat, can roam free even after committing sedation and beng involved in hawala transactions, If Arundhati Roy is accepted as a "liberal" for committing sedation....then I feel Salman Rusdie deserves the same freedom to visit India.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Very well said, Lemontree!

pankaj nema

Country flag
A simple topic of allowing or dis-allowing Sulman Rusdie to visit a Jaipur festival gets converted into a slug fest between to groups of secularists with each one claiming to be the true secularists!!...:D

The issue is much deeper, and each government shoves it under the carpet, because they don't know how to deal with it. Sulman Rushdie's book was banned, but he has not been banned. Why can't he visit India?

If Syed Gilani of the Hurriyat, can roam free even after committing sedation and beng involved in hawala transactions, If Arundhati Roy is accepted as a "liberal" for committing sedation....then I feel Salman Rusdie deserves the same freedom to visit India.
Both Rushdie and Taslima nasreen have written books which are offensive to Muslims

SO Allowing Rushidie and Taslima Nasreen to move around in India with Z category means that Indian people
and govt support those who want to write offensive books on Islam

And it is also giving a negative message that any author can write anything and India will WELCOME him
and protect him

SO it is a very bad idea

pankaj nema

Country flag
Arundhati Roy and Syed Geelani are living under a constant threat of being arrested

The Indian state and courts are doing a big favour to them by keeping them OUTSIDE jail

They owe their freedom to the Indian govt they BOTH know it

And Geelani I think is picked up a few times a year as in preventive custody whenever there is some trouble in Kashmir

Comparing Arundhati and Geelani with Rushidie is absurd

Arundhati and Geelani are ENEMIES of the state and if the state is treating them with kid gloves it is the state's prerogative
the state is also telling them that you better watch out or else ....

While Rushdie is the enemy of Islam and muslims

SO protecting and welcoming Rushdie will hurt Muslims

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Only those who are inferior or have inferiority complex requires protection.

The Da Vinci Code upset the Catholics.

Did they get the book banned?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Both Rushdie and Taslima nasreen have written books which are offensive to Muslims

SO Allowing Rushidie and Taslima Nasreen to move around in India with Z category means that Indian people
and govt support those who want to write offensive books on Islam

And it is also giving a negative message that any author can write anything and India will WELCOME him
and protect him

SO it is a very bad idea
Who the Fuc* are they to say what to write to some one... they dont like what i write, keep their Fuc*ing eyes out of it.... who asked them to read it if they dont want to read it....

Those "secular":)rofl:) Fuc*wards of a government does all this for one thing and one thing only, vote bank

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Arundhati Roy and Syed Geelani are living under a constant threat of being arrested

The Indian state and courts are doing a big favour to them by keeping them OUTSIDE jail

They owe their freedom to the Indian govt they BOTH know it

And Geelani I think is picked up a few times a year as in preventive custody whenever there is some trouble in Kashmir

Comparing Arundhati and Geelani with Rushidie is absurd

Arundhati and Geelani are ENEMIES of the state and if the state is treating them with kid gloves it is the state's prerogative
the state is also telling them that you better watch out or else ....

While Rushdie is the enemy of Islam and muslims

SO protecting and welcoming Rushdie will hurt Muslims
And if i say Protecting Muslims hurt my feelings( I am not saying that, lets just take it for an examples) you will start banning Muslims from the country eh....????

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles