Bangladeshi protest against Gunday

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by chase, Feb 22, 2014.

1. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

Ranveer Singh-Priyanka Chopra starrer 'Gunday' sparks online outrage for tweaking Bangladesh history | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com

Outraged by the gross negligence, people slammed the film and its makers on Internet Movie Database (IMDb), an online portal that hosts information about films and TV shows.

One of the user reviews, titled 'Manipulating Bangladesh's Liberation War History' asks, "Is it a movie or R A P I N G Bangladesh's history of victory? huh?".

The message board of the website is flooded with comments seeking a formal apology from Yash Raj Films for tweaking history and providing misleading information about Bangladesh.

-----------------------------
    So Bangladeshi's want you to believe that it was BD army who defeated the combined air foce,army and navy of Pakistan. Wow!

maomao likes this.
  3. Shikder

Shikder New Member

And do you want to believe that the Indian Army alone defeated the Pakistani Army in 12 days???! I wonder if you dare to believe that the Indians could have won the war without the assistance of Bangali people and the freedom fighters (who had been fighting the Pakis for eight months before India declared a war against Pakistan)!!!!!

India, under the visionary leadership of Mrs Indira Gandhi, played a very key role in the liberation war of Bangladesh and as a nation we are highly grateful to India for its role in 1971. However, it doesn't mean that somebody has any right whatsoever to take away the glory of the Great War of Independence of Bangladesh from the Bangladeshi people.

The Pakistani forces surrendered to the "combined forces of Indian Army and Bangladeshi Freedom Fighters" on Dec 16, 1971, which proves that any attempt to label the birth of Bangladesh as a byproduct of India-Pakistan war of 1971 is completely untrue and a mere consequence of either utter ignorance or mala fide abuse......... So you better learn the correct history first.

SilentKiller and Agnostic_Indian like this.
  4. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

I have just watched this movie. What has irked Bangladesh is beyond my understanding. These is nothing that I found to be controversial or against Bangladesh's history.

sayareakd likes this.
  5. praneetbajpaie

praneetbajpaie Tihar Jail Banned

The result of the Eight Month War between the Pakis and the Bangalis is

During the nine month long Bangladesh war for independence, members of the Pakistani military and supporting militias killed between 300,000 - 3,000,000 people and raped between two- and four hundred thousand Bangladeshi women in a systematic campaign of genocidal rape.

So had it not been for Indian intervention, there would be no Bangladesh today or for that matter the so called Bangalis of bangladesh would have been wiped out from the face of the Earth. So when we say that India single handedly defeated Paki forces, please believe that cause that's the truth.

1971 Bangladesh Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VIP, maomao and kseeker like this.
  6. praneetbajpaie

Coming across the hatred for India in a common Bangladeshi now makes me feel Indira Gandhi made a huge mistake in intervening at the time she did. She should have let more of these Bangla creeps die at the hands of the Pakis and I am sure the Pakis would have killed all of them.

VIP and kseeker like this.
  7. praneetbajpaie

8. feathers

feathers Tihar Jail Banned

India has not done any mistake because it was about lifes of innocent people and this was even raising sentiments for the Bengali Indians. Mother never leaves its sons to suffer.

9. praneetbajpaie

but then why are they so ungrateful and what about the hatred that they have against us.

10. Shikder

Shikder New Member

Ah! And the "LOVE" for Bangladeshi people and the "RESPECT" for BD's great war of independence in the mind of a "smart" Indian makes me understand why the two countries (BD and IND) have failed to maintain brotherly relationship between them despite sharing a similar culture and despite both being constitutionally "secular nations".

There are just too many fanatics on both sides of the border!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

Agreed. That also from India that was labelled that it cannot live and will denigrate muslims. BD was created like you say through key role of India. The people of BD played a significant role and also ultimately it was them themselves that was helped. One must not forget that BD recognition and also the heat India faced internationally (before and after) for creation of BD on humanitarian grounds and ultimately its recognition. The world was able to get a wonderful precedent on when and how and why to intervene with good reasoning and do it the proper way (i will say that such a thing with such meticulousness has not occurred again). India did not stay but left BD to be led by its own people with democratic foundations that allow people like you to prosper and speak freely.

There are more reasons for BD and India to cooperate compared to creating tension.

This whole thing is cooked up and a way to promote the movie and get it in the news. Perhaps the movie (and industry) wants to enter the BD market.

Shikder likes this.
  12. feathers

They don't hate us and always see towards us. There are people in our country who make us to thing that they hate us, they want economic development and most of the illegal immigrants are economic immigrants.

13. Shikder

Shikder New Member

Look at the mirror my friend! These guys are just like you. Full of hatred!!! The only difference is- they live on the other side of the border.

Eastman likes this.
  14. praneetbajpaie

Me? - Full of Hatred?? Wow, that's not correct "mate". Actually for me, Bangladesh is just another country. I don't have any feelings towards it. No love, no hatred, nothing.

VIP, kseeker and Kunal Biswas like this.
  15. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I agree that BDeshis are full of hate for India. Scum from Bangladesh in Puke defence forum have made me realize the true nature of these people.

VIP, Waffen SS, chase and 2 others like this.
  16. Shikder

Shikder New Member

Please read your previous comments again. Lives of millions of people ain't a matter of joke!!! I wish people like you could learn how to respect others' opinion or at least how not to hurt people's feeling specially on sensitive issues like a war of independence and its martyrs!!!

The subcontinent would have been a much better place to live in then....

Samar Rathi likes this.
  17. feathers

They don't hate India. Why everything should be on hate ?

18. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

Those are not representative of Bangladeshi's they are razakars who supported Pakistanis and now have the only place to show their hate rate and refuse...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  19. feathers

Poverty is the reason behind razakars because bangaldesh needs to grow and India can help Bangladesh to grow and develop.

20. bose

I would suggest not reading too much from the film, from the producer Yash Raj Films have already regretted the anomaly... A film cannot determine the thinking of a nation... In bollywood films do make changes here and there to suite the story line...

I would like to remind the Bangladeshis that Indians do not belittle the massive sacrifice made by the freedom fighters or Mukti Joddhas... I remember growing up just after 1971 and stories and respect my family had for the sacrifices Bangladeshis have shown on Language movement and freedom struggles…

21. bose

I do not think poverty has anything to do here, Razakars simply hate Hindus .... as simple as that...