Bangladeshi arrested for plotting to blow up Federal Reserve in New York

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Bangladeshi national arrested for plotting to blow up the Federal Reserve in Lower Manhattan  - NY Daily News
An Al Qaeda wannabe was busted Wednesday on charges he set out to blow up the Federal Reserve in Lower Manhattan with a bogus 1,000-pound bomb he got from an undercover FBI agent, officials said.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, of Jamaica, Queens, boasted that he wanted to "destroy America," federal authorities said.

Nafis drove the bomb in a van and parked it in front of the Federal Reserve on Liberty St., then went to a nearby hotel where he recorded a video taking responsiblity for the terrorist attack he was about to commit, officials said.

FBI agents arrested him at the hotel after he attempted to detonate the bomb he thought was real with a cellphone, a law enforcement source said.

Mary Galligan, the FBI's acting assistant director in New York, said Nafis had no qualms about killing or maiming "untold numbers of innocent bystanders."

"The defendant faces appropriately severe consequences," Galligan said.

She insisted the public was never at risk because the explosives he had accumulated with the help of an undercover FBI agent and an FBI source posing as his accomplices were inert.

But Nafis apparently believed was on a mass killing mission up to the point he tried to set off the bomb.

"Nafis devised this attack plan himself and came to the United States for the purpose of carrying out such an attack," said Assistant Attorney General for National Security Lisa Monaco.

In a written statement claiming responsiblity, Nafis, who arrived in the United States in January, quoted "our beloved Sheikh Osama Bin Laden," mastermind of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks that happened three blocks from the Federal Reserve.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
South Asians have been some of the best beneficiaries (if not the best) of migration to the US and I hate to see the souring of this otherwise excellent relationship. I'm really pissed that delinquents like this @sshole will ruin it for all the rest of us South Asians particularly in the greater New York metropolitan area.

Nagraj said:
atleast in prison he no longer will be virgin.
he will get 72 exp husbands .
I actually LOLed at this

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
OBL has inspired a generation, whether Al Qaeda lives or not, its ideology will drive such lone wolf operations. It takes just one operation to set a chain of cataclysmic reaction.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
If I wanted to destroy the United States, the LAST thing I would do is blow up the Federal Reserve.

Also, it would be refreshing to see a terrorist plot thwarted that was NOT an FBI "sting."

Blackwater

how this can be possible ? what is copyright and trademark of pakis are done by bangladeshis,

east-pakistan chala west pakistan ki chaal:taunt1::taunt1:

Blackwater

Destruction: Narfis allegedly told the undercover agent that he wanted to 'destroy America':shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

parijataka

Country flag
If I wanted to destroy the United States, the LAST thing I would do is blow up the Federal Reserve.

Also, it would be refreshing to see a terrorist plot thwarted that was NOT an FBI "sting."
I'd say thanks to the vigilance and pro-active actions of US internal security and intelligence it has not had any incidents after 9/11.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
how this can be possible ? what is copyright and trademark of pakis are done by bangladeshis,

east-pakistan chala west pakistan ki chaal:taunt1::taunt1:
Must have been leftover Pakistani, still sorry for liberation of Bangladesh.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
It's a good development that Islamic Jihadis, Terrorists and Criminals are not being labeled as 'Asians'. Moreover, BDs under the influence of Islam and pakis are getting back to their original self!!

Sunder singh

now u get understand why bdeshis hate india all our enemies are in self distructive mode thanks to islam and these type of innocent muslim countries.

Bismillah al rahman al rahim..........
in the name of Allah who is most gracious and merciful we will blow whole world and how great we mus are belive us u non belivers or we will make u belive thank you bye.

Were is bomb vest i want 72 virgins

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
See the face of NEW AGE TERRORIST below... this is how terrorists of today looks like...its not always bearded Osama types.

Meet Mr. Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis

"My son is innocent says his father."... yeah yeah just like parents of all terrorists say. :lol:

btw Bangladesh should learn from the state Pakistan is while supporting terrorism.US would not mind sending drones to Bangladesh or break it financially.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Saudi Wahabi tentacles are spreading and gripping all and sundry.

Must be an idiot like the guy in the other forum who kept calling the moderate Bangladeshis as Munafiq and was furious about Bangladeshis celebrating Poila Baishak (the Bengali New Year)!

mikhail

Country flag
bangladeshis are so unsure about their identity stuff:lol:!on one hand they consider themselves to be the sole representatives of the bengali race and on the other hand they also feel liable to show the entire world that they are the true followers of Islam.i know that there are many bangladeshi liberals in bangladesh but with each day passing it seems that the religious extremism continues to spread its ugly tentacle around bangladesh!so i wouldn't be surprised if bangladesh turns out to be a safe haven for islamic fundamentalists in the near future!

Blackwater

why did his father sent him to U.S. for higher studies?? their brothers pakistan has world class universities. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

moreover as bangladeshi he does not need student visa to visit pak:lol::lol:

mayfair

Pakis outsourcing their projects I see. And no shortage of gullible muppets to take up the tasks either...

average american

Democratic societies can no longer give religious fanatics a free hand to abuse and murder non believers. Such action betrays contempt for the basic human rights which animate any democracy with meaning.

pmaitra

All these years I have seen Pakistanis identifying themselves as Indians. Now, I guess even Bangladeshis will follow suit.

Shameful.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles