Bangladesh : The Next South Asian Power?

I_PLAY_BAD

Let Bangladesh become as powerful and wealthy. Bangladesh is more deserving than Porkistan.
But, they must not use those resources against India in future, their architect.

Nuvneet Kundu

When the current government first took power the issue of power shortages, load shedding was very acute. To their credit they've solved it hence no one talks about it. Even in propaganda sites such as ********** none of the Jamaatis talk about real problems such as power shortage because it's basically been solved, instead they complain of Bangladesh being an Indian "puppet state" (read, Bangladesh wants to have friendly relations with India unlike Jamaat's masters, Pakistan who want conflict between the two).

Infrastructure is what is being focused on now, also other things such as liberalizing regulations to attract more FDI, creating a more educated workforce.

But infrastructure is the most important part.

I am very happy at the aid from the people's republic of China who have achieved outstanding economic success and removed tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of people out of poverty.

The Padma bridge could even potentially raise our GDP growth by 1% and connects 1/4-1/3 of the country to the rest.

It's great credit to China that they are involved in this nation-changing project!
Please continue like this, don't fall in the trap of China-phobes. We would love a stable, powerful Bangladesh which is also an economic powerhouse. Hope it becomes like Sweden. My only fear, if I may put it bluntly, is that the West will try to get Hasina assassinated. Zia's frequent visits to her western masters don't inspire a lot of confidence. Recently Australia cancelled a Cricket trip and there were news about secular 'bloggers' being murdered. Well, they were actually secular journalists but calling them bloggers is the West's way of underplaying their achievements and therefore underplaying their deaths. They are trying to establish a fear psychosis in the minds of a global audience about Bangladesh. Australia wouldn't have cancelled that trip over alleged security threats had the West not passed on a word or two through the grapevine about their potential plans to destabilize Bangladesh. India already prevented one coup last year when our intel agencies uncovered trained Arab spring style 'activists' who were waiting to take on Hasina. We passed on the dossier to Hasina and she cracked down on all these CIA trained agents (ethnic Bangladeshis though). Now they have started a new drama about the presence of ISIS.

Watch out fellow brownie, watch out.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
Please continue like this, don't fall in the trap of China-phobes. We would love a stable, powerful Bangladesh which is also an economic powerhouse. Hope it becomes like Sweden. My only fear, if I may put it bluntly, is that the West will try to get Hasina assassinated. Zia's frequent visits to her western masters don't inspire a lot of confidence. Recently Australia cancelled a Cricket trip and there were news about secular 'bloggers' being murdered. Well, they were actually secular journalists but calling them bloggers is the West's way of underplaying their achievements and therefore underplaying their deaths. They are trying to establish a fear psychosis in the minds of a global audience about Bangladesh. Australia wouldn't have cancelled that trip over alleged security threats had the West not passed on a word or two through the grapevine about their potential plans to destabilize Bangladesh. India already prevented one coup last year when our intel agencies uncovered trained Arab spring style 'activists' who were waiting to take on Hasina. We passed on the dossier to Hasina and she cracked down on all these CIA trained agents (ethnic Bangladeshis though). Now they have started a new drama about the presence of ISIS.

Watch out fellow brownie, watch out.
Why does the west want to overthrow Hasina?

Nuvneet Kundu

Why does the west want to overthrow Hasina?
An unstable Bangladesh forces India to divert some military resources to our Bangladesh border to contain the spillover. It makes our position on our other two restive borders weaker. A weaker India is more amenable to compromise on the negotiating table. The west is trying to get India to sign certain agreements. However, India feels no urgency as long as it feels secure. So, in the minds of the west the next best thing to do is to make India feel insecure by creating instability at the border and open up multiple fronts.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
The reason I asked is because it's quite clear that you know what you're talking about. In fact I'm shocked how much you know. It's amazing to see a person of Indian Hindu background to be aware of the fact that so-called "Islamist" militants in Bangladesh are a proxy of the west, and also that the whole sudden out of the blue Australian cricket team refusing to go to Bangladesh being instigated by intelligence services in the west (ultimately the USA).

1. Despite myself knowing all of the above I never knew why the west wanted to get rid of Hasina. I speculated it might be because a: She is against American favourite Muhammad Yunus b: She has spoken out against certain western governments at times so is considered too "independent" for a "darkie/brownie" c: Just general desire to destabilize the Muslim world.

Was never fully sure.

2. I do know that apparently the humiliation of an Indian female diplomat by the US a few years ago was due to a number of factors but one of them was Indo-American tension over Bangladesh and Uncle Sam wanted to show the "darkies" of India who was boss.

What probably shocked the Americans was the fierce Indian reaction including what they would percieve as hostile harassment of American diplomatic stuff.

The new India is a strong power that puts Indian interests first and will have good relations with Israel and Iran at the same time and not capitulate to western demands of staying away from Iran for example.

3. US global influence is decreasing whereas Asian/BRIC power is increasing. In the next 10 years the US will not have as much influence over the Indo-Bangla region as they do now.

4. The west also likes divide and rule and seeing a semi-Islamist pro-Pakistan BNP-Jamaat regime in Bangladesh in conflict with Hindu India would delight them.

However most speculate that barring some dramatic event e.g. western instigated soft coup, the Awami League will win the next elections and be in power for another 9 years at least. In this period they will continue to dismantle the BNP-Jamaat nexus in the country.

Economic growth is accelerating.

We are a Muslim country but are true friends are non-Muslim east Asian states e.g. China, Japan and South Korea.

bose

Country flag
@Bengal_Tiger India will back Hasina may what come and India went against US few years ago when the Americans wanted to put pressure to change India's position v/s Hasina ... they failed ... Infact I would say Hasina is doing very well for Bangladesh still I hear people complaining ... 1) The BSF firing at the border, it has come down drastically and now days BSF carry non lethal bullets and this was brought about through discussions and reasoning's ... 2) Under Hasina Bangladesh defense buildups & procurement is far better than Khalida's ... 3) Hasina has a level head in closing the disputes with other countries, example the maritime disputes with Myanmar & India that went Bangladesh favor.

India wants one simple aspects... please do not allow your land to lunch attacks against India and India is not bothered about you or whatever you do in your country... Hasina was clever to understand it better than Khalida...

India also stood strong with Iran when it was under sanctions from US and its allies... India used to make payments for Iranian oil by gold as any financial transactions was illegal due to sanctions... Iranians are very happy and we have a very strong relationship with Iran...

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
@Bengal_Tiger India will back Hasina may what come and India went against US few years ago when the Americans wanted to put pressure to change India's position v/s Hasina ... they failed ... Infact I would say Hasina is doing very well for Bangladesh still I hear people complaining ... 1) The BSF firing at the border, it has come down drastically and now days BSF carry non lethal bullets and this was brought about through discussions and reasoning's ... 2) Under Hasina Bangladesh defense buildups & procurement is far better than Khalida's ... 3) Hasina has a level head in closing the disputes with other countries, example the maritime disputes with Myanmar & India that went Bangladesh favor.

India wants one simple aspects... please do not allow your land to lunch attacks against India and India is not bothered about you or whatever you do in your country... Hasina was clever to understand it better than Khalida...

India also stood strong with Iran when it was under sanctions from US and its allies... India used to make payments for Iranian oil by gold as any financial transactions was illegal due to sanctions... Iranians are very happy and we have a very strong relationship with Iran...

1. The BNP-Jamaat nexus turned Bangladesh in to a Pakistani surrogate.

2. However for the sake of balance and wider intellectual awareness they would say that they decided to carry out their anti-India policies of backing anti-Indian separatists as a reaction to previous New Delhi administrations backing of Chakma separatists in Bangladesh.

That also by their policies they have at the least forced India not to take Bangladeshi co-operation for granted but to respect it.

3. That is what they would say, I myself personally do not like Hasina or Khaleda, there is no point in an Indian forum saying what my issues are with Hasina as they are domestic and not India-related, however yes she has helped secure better relations with India and economic growth is continuing and accelerating, though economic growth had been accelerating under the previous BNP-Jamaat government, so economic growth is not a party specific phenomenon in Bangladesh.

4. As a Bangladeshi I have no interest to harm a fellow south Asian Indic state especially when in the rest of the world we are all seen as "all the same".

Also as an ethnic Bengali I have somewhat of an aversion to the Neo-Mughal Urduwala "Muslims" who dominate Indian Muslim affairs including in west Bengal,where they are supported by Mamata.

In other words though a religious person, apart from basic civic rights, I have no interest in pan-Islamism/pan-Muslimism with Indian Muslims on a political level as the Indian Muslim elite are essentially anti-Bengali, a hostility and racism we saw pre-Pakistan, during Pakistan and to an extent that people have lesser awareness of after 1971.

The decreased awareness is that due to our victory in 1971 we have independence and there is little the neo-Mughal Urduwala Muslim elite of India can do to us, though they dominate Muslim affairs in west Bengal where they are a minority amongst Muslims.

Basically "Indian Muslims" (Urduwalas) view and treat Bengali Muslims as second-class, lower-caste and are essentially pro-Pakistan/anti-Bangladesh e.g. their support for Jamaati war criminals.

In other words I have no interest in helping communal forces in west Bengal, or anti-Indian separatists in Assam.

bose

Country flag
1. The BNP-Jamaat nexus turned Bangladesh in to a Pakistani surrogate.

2. However for the sake of balance and wider intellectual awareness they would say that they decided to carry out their anti-India policies of backing anti-Indian separatists as a reaction to previous New Delhi administrations backing of Chakma separatists in Bangladesh.

That also by their policies they have at the least forced India not to take Bangladeshi co-operation for granted but to respect it.
Yes there was issues during the Ershad time related to Chakmas, but they are closed for good and there is no violence in last 20 years, or as I know ... What surprised me is sudden turn around by Khaleda inviting Pakistani elements to create problems for India... clever Khaleda should have handled more maturely...

As an Indian knowing the our psyche, basically Indian are not hostile to neighbors unless we perceive someone trying to harm India... It will be ideal if all neighbors including India mind their own business and do not bother what others are up to...

The problem India face is its size and some neighbors do try to play others against India then the problem starts and then acquisition of Indian trying to interface...

3. That is what they would say, I myself personally do not like Hasina or Khaleda, there is no point in an Indian forum saying what my issues are with Hasina as they are domestic and not India-related, however yes she has helped secure better relations with India and economic growth is continuing and accelerating, though economic growth had been accelerating under the previous BNP-Jamaat government, so economic growth is not a party specific phenomenon in Bangladesh.

4. As a Bangladeshi I have no interest to harm a fellow south Asian Indic state especially when in the rest of the world we are all seen as "all the same".
Very positive outlook...

Also as an ethnic Bengali I have somewhat of an aversion to the Neo-Mughal Urduwala "Muslims" who dominate Indian Muslim affairs including in west Bengal,where they are supported by Mamata.

In other words though a religious person, apart from basic civic rights, I have no interest in pan-Islamism/pan-Muslimism with Indian Muslims on a political level as the Indian Muslim elite are essentially anti-Bengali, a hostility and racism we saw pre-Pakistan, during Pakistan and to an extent that people have lesser awareness of after 1971.

The decreased awareness is that due to our victory in 1971 we have independence and there is little the neo-Mughal Urduwala Muslim elite of India can do to us, though they dominate Muslim affairs in west Bengal where they are a minority amongst Muslims.

Basically "Indian Muslims" (Urduwalas) view and treat Bengali Muslims as second-class, lower-caste and are essentially pro-Pakistan/anti-Bangladesh e.g. their support for Jamaati war criminals.

In other words I have no interest in helping communal forces in west Bengal, or anti-Indian separatists in Assam.
I have seen Indian Bengali Muslims [West Bengal] for whatever reason there is a thinking unless they become exactly one like Urduwalla [ speak and dress] they lose their Islamic character... Anyway I leave it to them...

Politics in India has already been communal at least what I have seen in last 40 years... when it turns from bad to worst and a major incident happens all starts the cover ups... West Bengal is going towards that direction for sure [ West Bengal before Mamta] was not bad and was relatively calm even in 92's.. and once Mamta stated open support to the extremist elements just because of votes to secure her chair in 2016 election ... these extremist elements are also involved in bomb making and supplying them to their brothers across in Bangladesh as we saw a what happened in Burdhawan...

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
1. The Urduwala thing is tied to the type of Islam prevalent in south Asia which scholastically went from central Asia to northern India and then to Bengal. The madrassas look up to Deoband in UP and to a much lesser extent Pakistan. There are even idiots (both Bengalis and of course naturally Pakistanis) who think for example a Shalwar is more "Islamic" than a lungi, when in fact the prophet (peace be upon him) is said to have worn something akin to a lungi.

2. Yes it is up to these WB Muslims to do what they want but when it extends in to an inherent bias towards Urduwala (i.e. BIMARU, Hindi-belt) Neo-Mughal nationalism which looks down on Bengalis and even in worst case scenarios involvement in anti-Bangladeshi terrorism it becomes a problem.

3. Anyway the reverence of Urduwala/Hindi Belt, BIMARU, style Islam exists in both India and Bangladesh. Bangladeshi Maulanas are just generally naive simpletons and overly humble with little patriotism and slavishly follow Indo-Pak. Bangladeshi Muslims should try to cultivate a form of Islam which is de-linked from Pakistan and Urduwalas (BIMARU, UP etc) and is patriotic.

4. Going round unnecessarily provoking India as the BNP regime was doing is almost tantamount to treason as they are endangering the welfare of 160 million Bangladeshis for the interests of some Punjabi generals in Rawalpindi.

Pakistanis/Punjabis are very cunning with seducing people with Islam/Muslim talk whereas Bengalis are ultra-naive, so the Pakistani ISI clearly worked on Khaleda to have the same sort of anti-India hatred that we see in someone like Rockey71. Khaleda's successor and son Tariq Zia is even worse and is very close to Pakistan and Islamists and from what I know basically believes not in an actual war with India but everything short of that, not even a cold war but a lukewarm war.

He is a prick and no one in Bangladesh likes him, even the Americans are disgusted by him (corrupt and many other things.)

The BNP has different factions but due to the hierarchical and compliant nature of Bangladeshi society, Khaleda is supreme leader.

There are original BNP-walas who are real nationalists and hate Jamaatis and Tariq Zia, some have left.

Then there are the neo-Jamaatis (some obvious Jamaati infilitrators, some just sharing POVs with them) which includes the like of Khaleda's son Tariq who is a die-hard India-hater and close to Pakistan, apparently he is heavily funded by them.

If Khaleda goes then Tariq inherits power and has complete control of the BNP which then becomes a neo-Jamaati organization.

To see the sort of hatred that Jamaatis and neo-Jamaati BNP-walas have for India think of the ********** forum of a few years ago with the likes of MBI Munshi, Idune, Al-Zakir, Luffy500 all of whom are extremely anti-India. It is a fierce and violent hatred and one which wishes for war if it were possible. One which sees Hindus as sub-human.It is not a hatred the vast majority of Bangladeshis have.

Anyway enough of my rambling, the BNP-Jamaat nexus has been defeated in Bangladesh and despite the rotation of the two parties, certain things always stay the same in Bangladesh as in addition to the two main parties there are other powerful institutions and social groups with a lot of influence. We are following ASEAN states in becoming more developed with the attendant decrease in retrogressive fundamentalism. Bangladeshis will be too self-confident and too proud of their own identity in the future to be easily influenced by Pakistan (if it even exists in the future).

Khaleda has paid a heavy price for conspiring against India. It's a tough world out there and a man's world, and in life if you mess with someone they will mess with you. So if Khaleda was going around trying to kill Indians, break up their country it is only natural that India should punish her and work hard to ensure she stays out of power unable to cause trouble.

rockey 71

To be matture India ought to support anyone / anything that the people of BD support.

AnantS

Country flag
^That wont be mature but would be foolish! Why would India support Jihadi Zia or Jaloos e Islami?

rockey 71

^That wont be mature but would be foolish! Why would India support Jihadi Zia or Jaloos e Islami?
Such is the nightmare haunting Indians, thanks to media sensationalism. The reality is quite different.

AnantS

Country flag
Such is the nightmare haunting Indians, thanks to media sensationalism. The reality is quite different.
says a person who suffers from chronic yearn for mythical islamic ummah ka chummah? A person who kisses/licks feet of his own country's erstwhile tormentors at drop of taqiyah? 'nugh said...

bose

Country flag
To be matture India ought to support anyone / anything that the people of BD support.
There is no question of supporting... it is your choice whom you want... The issue will start when you invite India's enemy into your soil to create problems within India... So please desist from such activities it will be all fine, Indians are least bothered about Bangladesh...

Any issue come to the table to resolve it in a matured manner...

bose

Country flag
The Australian U-19 team cancelled their travel to Bangladesh... Why the insecurity haunting them ??

rockey 71

The Australian U-19 team cancelled their travel to Bangladesh... Why the insecurity haunting them ??

The Aussies did not come for the same reason that India has been refusing to invite us. Both of you are scared of getting hammered by our young team.

bose

Country flag
The Aussies did not come for the same reason that India has been refusing to invite us. Both of you are scared of getting hammered by our young team.
So all ex and current world champions are too scared of playing with Bangladesh... that is a good diversionary strategy to divert from actual situation there...

Few months back Bangladesh's young team [ except couple of senior players] was touring India and played against Indian second / third string players ... your so called young team is nothing special...

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag
Australians probably scared that these `athletes` will stay back illegally ...:rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles