Bangladesh : The Next South Asian Power?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Majority of Bangladeshi are anti-Indian. earlier, I didn't had any opinion on BD but eventually i started hating them for various reasons.

I spent lots of time on various forum including pak forum, They are completely anti-Indian and they are genuine Bangladeshi which i can say with full confidence. I think, Out of 50 odd active Bangladeshi member on pak forum alone, only 2 have neutral/pro-India stand. Rest of the Bangladeshi members calls them Hindu who is pro-India and RAW agent to these 2 members. The hatred is very deeply rooted with no chance of reversal. Those idiots abuse India on daily basis by idiotic comparison and raising various other issues which is irrelevant. They also use "Evil Hindu" word to refer India. Most noticeable thing I observed that most of them started saying openly that Once lower Assam and east WB will have Muslim majority, That part will be merged with them. They have this intention and desire. Yes, they don't have capability as of now but clear intention is there. They are pro-China and want India to divide in 20 parts. They even don't accept the problem of Illegal immigrants. Indeed, they will say Indians are in BD. I have hardly seen any Bangladeshi giving positive opinion on India. They all are Anti-Indian and half of them are even Pro-Pakistani and even they hate their own government because they have positive relation with India. I can say this because i spent lots of time replying in those BS allegation. I was tired in replying same kind of question that i almost stopped myself. RAY sir has seen a lot and use to reply to those B@st@rds.

So all i want to say, Majority of Bangladeshis are Anti-Indian and even Anti-Hindu sometime like Pakistan. They are bunch of jokers and day-dreamers who don't need sympathy or help from India. What they need is Arabian sea where their desh will sink. Only ignorant person or those who don't know majority of their opinion on India can say, they are not Anti-Indian. They are big Idiots and real B@st@rds with no hope. Period !!
I largely agree with you.

You should stop going there and defending and arguing with them. Simply wastes time and increases blood pressure.

EDIT: You meant to say Bay of Bengal instead of Arabian sea, I guess. :)

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
I largely agree with you.

You should stop going there and defending and arguing with them. Simply wastes time and increases blood pressure.

EDIT: You meant to say Bay of Bengal instead of Arabian sea, I guess. :)
Yes, My bad. Bay of Bengal for BD. :lol: by mistake, I said about Pak but both are same kind of species. :rofl:

agentperry

this nation is at the cross road, of either becoming another radicalized pakistan or a progressive nation till now they relied on isi for all the motivation and material support to survive( and live upto anti-India spirit).
this nation suffers from nature's fury and the solution to it lies in the co-operation between India and bd but the anti-hindu and affiliation with isi makes this a distant reality or sometimes it appears to be a dream. this country shares border with India and myanmar, as India is not only a big neighbor but also a powerhouse of south asia this nation should co-operate with India. they can use diplomacy to extract from India and not the rallies and terrorism. china and pakistan wont stop the water from reaching bd as propagated and inflicted in their mind via isi but only co-op between India and bd will stop or re-route them. this nation should be made client state for best to come for all( barring pakistan and china)

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I said about Pak but both are same kind of species. :rofl:
I don't agree. The ones in BD are bengalis (muslim or hindu) while the ones on our west are Pakjabis-Pashtuns-Sindhis etc.
The difference of species is what led the western Pakistan to discriminate against BD on all accounts. It proved beyond doubt that merely Islam cannot hold everything together like a magic spell, men must treat each other as equals.
We should help them realize that they were never accepted by the crooks on west and were only used in the name of religion. They should carve their own destiny as a sovereign progressed state.

Regards,
Virendra

pmaitra

I don't agree. The ones in BD are bengalis (muslim or hindu) while the ones on our west are Pakjabis-Pashtuns-Sindhis etc.
The difference of species is what led the western Pakistan to discriminate against BD on all accounts. It proved beyond doubt that merely Islam cannot hold everything together like a magic spell, men must treat each other as equals.
We should help them realize that they were never accepted by the crooks on west and were only used in the name of religion. They should carve their own destiny as a sovereign progressed state.

Regards,
Virendra
Good point Virendra.

One must not equate Bengalis with Pakistanis. Also, I would not equate Baloch with Pakistani. No, they are not the same species and it is too obvious. If they were the same species there would be no uprising, both in East Pakistan then and in Balochistan now.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Good point Virendra.

One must not equate Bengalis with Pakistanis. Also, I would not equate Baloch with Pakistani. No, they are not the same species and it is too obvious. If they were the same species there would be no uprising, both in East Pakistan then and in Balochistan now.
Words of wisdom.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Thank God we have something called nationalism still dragging its feet here. You know people can find so many ways to divide themselves recursively, it is chronic :p going OT.
So whats with the climate change challenge, is BD ready for it after seeing some of the border islands sink in the bay lately?
Do we have any BD members here?

Regards,
Virendra

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is there no Bangaldeshi worth his salt to take on this thread and clear the air?

Are Bangladeshis that dead?

Must Indian Bengalis have to defend the BANGLADESHIS?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is there no Bangaldeshi worth his salt to take on this thread and clear the air?

Are Bangladeshis that dead?

Must Indian Bengalis have to defend the BANGLADESHIS?

yasinbin

This is a crazy thread, lol. ok, this Pathogen is one crazy guy- don't know from which part of Bangladesh he is., doesn't sound like a Bangladeshi,
If you think we are soooo bad lol, why don't you visit Bangladesh, talk to the people, the common people, students. Not the politicians- they will give you their party line and personal agendas.
Look we have no alternatives from BNP and AL factions currently- as they are the most experienced until now in ruling a country. They are also corrupt, we know. So the balance is not to vote them twice in a row.lol...
I think i am the first Bangladeshi to read this thread or come into your forum.
I will not like too much attention on my country like Pakistan. We have a lot of economic and domestic problem now, until we are firm at hand, i don't think our even dumb politicians will try to interfere in external affairs which doesn't concern us.
Strategical position of Bangladesh - We want to be a regional business hub, not a terrorist hub.
What you say about Bangladeshi on Cyber voicing a lot of anti-India posts-- i will say mostly it is just another ISI or Jamat-Shibir propaganda. Some do not like India for some matters like border shootings, trade barriers, etc, but no reason to hate. Some one mentioned other forums where they shower hate words- i believe if you present constructive arguments, the Bangladeshi readers will appreciate it highly.
Regarding transit, our roads, infrastructure & a lot of things needs to be developed which should be compatible for international cargo trucks and it's likes, which takes time. India should have patience. India gave us a LOC $Bn, but 8 projects has already been scrapped and we will do it with our fund as the cost would be too great otherwise. ( some terms were we need to import 80% labour and materials from India, which is very cheap here) .
2nd Largest power in South Asia, i don't think we are trying to be any power now. We want to have just enough to defend our sovereignty and interest.

Thanks.

Blackwater

If they go with India they will achieve lot.even today their economy is better than pak. If they tried to be smart then they will be next pak

Oracle

This is a crazy thread, lol. ok, this Pathogen is one crazy guy- don't know from which part of Bangladesh he is., doesn't sound like a Bangladeshi,
If you think we are soooo bad lol, why don't you visit Bangladesh, talk to the people, the common people, students. Not the politicians- they will give you their party line and personal agendas.
Look we have no alternatives from BNP and AL factions currently- as they are the most experienced until now in ruling a country. They are also corrupt, we know. So the balance is not to vote them twice in a row.lol...
I will not like too much attention on my country like Pakistan. We have a lot of economic and domestic problem now, until we are firm at hand, i don't think our even dumb politicians will try to interfere in external affairs which doesn't concern us.
Strategical position of Bangladesh - We want to be a regional business hub, not a terrorist hub.
What you say about Bangladeshi on Cyber voicing a lot of anti-India posts-- i will say mostly it is just another ISI or Jamat-Shibir propaganda. Some do not like India for some matters like border shootings, trade barriers, etc, but no reason to hate. Some one mentioned other forums where they shower hate words- i believe if you present constructive arguments, the Bangladeshi readers will appreciate it highly.
Regarding transit, our roads, infrastructure & a lot of things needs to be developed which should be compatible for international cargo trucks and it's likes, which takes time. India should have patience. India gave us a LOC $Bn, but 8 projects has already been scrapped and we will do it with our fund as the cost would be too great otherwise. ( some terms were we need to import 80% labour and materials from India, which is very cheap here) .
2nd Largest power in South Asia, i don't think we are trying to be any power now. We want to have just enough to defend our sovereignty and interest.

Thanks.
Padda nodir elish chai bhai!

Welcome to the forum!

amoy

BD's future hinges on this road. The sooner the better
Dhaka, Nov 10 (UNB) - President Zillur Rahman has called for quick implementation of the Bangladesh-Myanmar-China road link under the `Kunming Initiative' in a bid to increase trade and cooperation between the neighboring countries.

Oracle

BD's future hinges on this road. The sooner the better
I disagree. Bangladesh needs equal opportunity while it comes to import-export. India gives that, while China floods every other market with it's cheap goods. Even in India's case, India loses out to China in terms of exports.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Thanks.
A very refreshing post. I hope to see you regularly on DFI and give us a better understanding of BD away from the shit some imposters online project.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The road to prosperity runs from west to east of BD giving India connectivity to its north east and once the road comes about, I am sure bangladeshis will benefit from it. Not just from transit fees but better connectivity and trade opportunities with India.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Bangladeshis have a SCHIZOPHRENIC personality

On some days they are in absolute thrall of the Bengali language , Tagore and Bengali culture

On other days the ISLAMIST Jamati mentality inside them comes to the fore and they begin DREAMING
of CONQUERING West Bengal and ASSAM

This SCHIZOPHRENIA will take them nowhere and is infact tearing apart their society

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

Thanks.
I don't have any major problems with Bangladesh, except the illegal immigration in bulk that seems to have no end.
Minor irritants are bound to happen, we're neighbors in a less than perfect world and we can still get along well.
In fact we do appreciate the intel co-operation from Bangladesh to tie down some of the terrorist - separatist leaders and their infrastructure in North East.
I hope with the recent coup attempt, the Bangladeshi people have realized what dangers lie ahead.
As far as China is concerned, BD is your nation and hence your call. Just watch their history and their record before you let your guard down.
If I may suggest, as a fellow netizen and neighbor to a Bangladeshi netizen; it would be wise to keep an eye on what transpires in Africa and Sri Lanka.
Those are the current drilling grounds of China. You will get an idea of how much you want to entertain them.
Good luck with becoming a trade-business hub. You certainly are at a pivot position.

Regards,
Virendra

yasinbin

I don't have any major problems with Bangladesh, except the illegal immigration in bulk that seems to have no end.
Minor irritants are bound to happen, we're neighbors in a less than perfect world and we can still get along well.
In fact we do appreciate the intel co-operation from Bangladesh to tie down some of the terrorist - separatist leaders and their infrastructure in North East.
I hope with the recent coup attempt, the Bangladeshi people have realized what dangers lie ahead.
As far as China is concerned, BD is your nation and hence your call. Just watch their history and their record before you let your guard down.
If I may suggest, as a fellow netizen and neighbor to a Bangladeshi netizen; it would be wise to keep an eye on what transpires in Africa and Sri Lanka.
Those are the current drilling grounds of China. You will get an idea of how much you want to entertain them.
Good luck with becoming a trade-business hub. You certainly are at a pivot position.

Regards,
Virendra
regarding illegal immigrants there is a solution actually and our leaders are not united to take that step yet i assume. Look at the EU model, we have SAARC -founded my President Zia , if we do seriously go ahead with this,it will curb out many differences we have. Our history together is i guess better than europeans-no offense.
Coup-- we are not concerned at all. a few retired hot headed influenced by third parties doesn't represent the whole Bangladesh Army. lets say even if they would have succeeded in their plan , here's what would have happened the next day- all of them would have been shot dead in public by our law enforcing agencies or by BA itself,then another CTG Govts for some months, another election. The BA and top brass officers in our country are professionals, they are not interested in enforcing army rule again, they have seen it, been through it, and it wasn't good for anyone in the end. BA is for it's people, not for some power hungry nut cases.

we value friendship with all friendly nations be it China or India or Sri Lanka. China is a major business partner with many US, EU companies and organisations. It has also some business ties with India as well.
We would like to invest in Myanamar and Africa in agricultural sector - chiefly for food security, so we need the road through Myanmar and Africa to be more stable.
I congratulate India on it's foreign policy on being manly and showing that it indeed has balls and brains when it stood firm with Iran.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles