Bangladesh destroys boats ferrying Rohingya from Myanmar

square

Strategic Issues
SHAH PORIR DWIP, Bangladesh (Reuters) - Bangladeshi authorities have destroyed about 20 boats that ferried Rohingya Muslims fleeing violence in Myanmar, accusing smugglers of using the huge exodus to bring methamphetamine into the country.

Refugees told Reuters that border guards also beat and arrested passengers and crew as they landed at Shah Porir Dwip, on the southern tip of Bangladesh on Tuesday night, before the vessels were smashed to pieces by locals.

The local commander of Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB), Lieutenant Colonel Ariful Islam, denied there were beatings, and said the action was a crackdown on human trafficking and the smuggling of methamphetamine, a drug known locally as “ya ba”.

“The boats are trying to carry passengers they are not supposed to,” he told Reuters.

square

Strategic Issues
He accused the organizers of the boat journeys of exploiting destitute Rohingyas by charging them for the short trip to Bangladesh. Some passengers told Reuters they had paid 10,000 Bangladeshi taka ($123) each for the trip, although others said they traveled free.

More than half a million Rohingya Muslims have arrived in Bangladesh from predominantly Buddhist Myanmar since its armed forces responded to attacks by militants on Aug. 25 with a counteroffensive described by United Nations officials as “ethnic cleansing”.

While four passengers told Reuters they saw no drugs on board, Lieutenant Colonel Islam said border guards had found a large quantity of the drugs in the water on Tuesday night.

“Maybe the carrier had dropped it before disembarking,” he said.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Absolutely shameful act by BD, those poor rohingyas are already in deep trouble, they have no other option to leave the land they were leaving from 100s of years and no surrounding country is ready to offer them a shelter...sadly my own India too... I am of the strong opinion that BD and India should share everything in keeping rohingyas safe till the entire issue is sorted out, share means every thing from land, expenses etc.... You can definitely restrict them to roam in certain area not beyond that... but at lease those poor kids and women will be in safe custody of Bangladesh-India...

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Absolutely shameful act by BD, those poor rohingyas are already in deep trouble, they have no other option to leave the land they were leaving from 100s of years and no surrounding country is ready to offer them a shelter...sadly my own India too... I am of the strong opinion that BD and India should share everything in keeping rohingyas safe till the entire issue is sorted out, share means every thing from land, expenses etc.... You can definitely restrict them to roam in certain area not beyond that... but at lease those poor kids and women will be in safe custody of Bangladesh-India...
Bhai Sahab,What was given to those fleeing Kashmiri Pandit women and their children as so called compensation?Nothing should be given to these RAUCHingyas from our side,they're not our responsibility.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Women or kids are not poor by default. If they want India to help, they must convert to hindus. Simple. We will have more soldiers to fight muslims at future date. If they are really poor, they will convert. Else, it is clear as to what they are

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
vaisaab, have you ever seen any rohinga family staying nearby? I HAVE, there are some 50-60 such filthy creatures have come here near my locality ( mohallah), each with 11-12 kids, husband is 25-35 year old, while wives varying from 15-25, strangely all males are able bodied!!! not mal- nutritioned!!! and they are arrogant, and their earlier generations here are expert as thieves, doing quarrel at each time at any issue, even in past year they killed 3 kids and 2 men ( all from their own breed) in brawl in between own!!! -- for stealing one GOAT( don't laugh- its NO dream story), my city was one of the safest in whole bengal, but now, i cant even dare to think that, thanks to these bastards and their mamus!!! , if you have that much compassion for these vile creatures, why don't you keep or adopt some of them!!!!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
vaisaab, have you ever seen any rohinga family staying nearby? I HAVE, there are some 50-60 such filthy creatures have come here near my locality ( mohallah), each with 11-12 kids, husband is 25-35 year old, while wives varying from 15-25, strangely all males are able bodied!!! not mal- nutritioned!!! and they are arrogant, and their earlier generations here are expert as thieves, doing quarrel at each time at any issue, even in past year they killed 3 kids and 2 men ( all from their own breed) in brawl in between own!!! -- for stealing one GOAT( don't laugh- its NO dream story), my city was one of the safest in whole bengal, but now, i cant even dare to think that, thanks to these bastards and their mamus!!! , if you have that much compassion for these vile creatures, why don't you keep or adopt some of them!!!!
Desperation makes you do all kinds of things.... see what you would do in the same situation before judging others.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Desperation makes you do all kinds of things.... see what you would do in the same situation before judging others.
Please sir,with all due respect,They're not welcome here.

About judging others,Millions of Hindu and Sikhs came to India from across the border during partition,and they all settled here peacefully and start a new life.Many of them had to left their valuables and other belongings in Pakistan in able to flee,many of them had lost their relatives during those bloody days by hands of Muslims and what not,still they didn't made such horrific things here (killing each other out of 'Desperation,threatening locals and what not).

OTOH,These WHOREingyas are same people who's been terrorising locals of Myanmar (Buddhists,Hindus) and doing same thing here as well just because they were able to populise some particular locality.Such is the nature of Muslims,first they become a majority of particular region,then they take out all other people living there by hook or by crook.

They themselves are solely responsible for getting such treatment from multiple nations,including a Muslim majority one.

All these WHOREingyas,Bangladesis are doing same thing mentioned above in north-eastern states of India,especially West Bengal and Aasam.

Last edited:

cannonfodder

Country flag
West can take all of them and in-fact it will be much better for them. We have our handsful at this moment and don't want to expedite another partition. So how many are you ready to take in?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
West can take all of them and in-fact it will be much better for them. We have our handsful at this moment and don't want to expedite another partition. So how many are you ready to take in?
We are sending them to Karachi but we needed those boats Bangladesh destroyed.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Please sir,with all due respect,They're not welcome here.

About judging others,Millions of Hindu and Sikhs came to India from across the border during partition,and they all settled here peacefully and start a new life.Many of them had to left their valuables and other belongings in Pakistan in able to flee,many of them had lost their relatives during those bloody days by hands of Muslims and what not,still they didn't made such horrific things here (killing each other out of 'Desperation,threatening locals and what not).
Settled peacefully compared to what? Partition of India was one of the most violent times in modern history. Your grandfathers would laugh their ass off at that statement compared to what Rohingya are accused of.

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They are our enemies,they have no utility or strategic value(cannot be used as cannon fodder),they act as a huge burden on our economy state etc.

They can all get brutally masacarred for all I care.infact I want that to happen.go Myanmar.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
They are our enemies,they have no utility or strategic value(cannot be used as cannon fodder),they act as a huge burden on our economy state etc.

They can all get brutally masacarred for all I care.infact I want that to happen.go Myanmar.
They are not your enemies, they are a people without a state wanted nowhere. They are another Gypsy people but you wouldn't wish death to Roma would you?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If they destroyed it, their must have been a gud reason and the reason were human trafficking and drug smuggling.

And no need to explain that violence these people are capable of, Destroying these boats must be an act of self defense and part of national security for BD ..

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Settled peacefully compared to what? Partition of India was one of the most violent times in modern history. Your grandfathers would laugh their ass off at that statement compared to what Rohingya are accused of.
Naah,instead of laughing his ass off,My grandfather became a refugee here,started working in brickworks,polish boots and selling newspapers for his living and what not.He used to do such odd jobs in order to pay school fees,unlike some 'Peaceful' community who had ganged up in WB for terrorising locals.

As for laughing his ass off,My grandfather would definitely laugh if informed about 'peaceful resettlement' of WHOREingyas.

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They are not your enemies, they are a people without a state wanted nowhere. They are another Gypsy people but you wouldn't wish death to Roma would you?
Ofcourse I would.gypsy are already not indians.besides they cannot be indians even if they were.you want Christian among your midst too.i say that as an atheist culturally Hindu person.

They are also a people with reputation for stealing and causing trouble,being unproductive.basically ******s.do you want them mootching of of us and being associated with brand indians.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles