Bangalore city Old Versus new - PHOTO ESSAY.

Decklander

@Decklander The area you say has lot of army/drdo related institutes. Hence lot of open areas still. Yes metro is nearby, but you have to wait for it. Might not a short wait. WRT kaveri water, bengaluru can't depend on it for long. Lot of stakeholders within the state and outside the state. Tumkur road traffic is legendary. It maybe better with expressway now but still....
The Jal Shuddha is next to this society and we have a signed agreement that they will supply the water as required and agreed in the contract with them for the society. I got the flat registered in my name just last month on 10th Jul which was a crazy day in bangalore as that day the rath yatra also started and being an auspicious day, a very large number of people ended up at the registrar's office. The best part was to see the women with those beautiful and flowery gazraas in their hair wearing parachutes.
Did I tell you that being a Haryanavi, I found them really really hot. Wow what figures!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueSpirit

The best part was to see the women with those beautiful and flowery gazraas in their hair wearing parachutes.
Did I tell you that being a Haryanavi, I found them really really hot. Wow what figures!!!
Sir, Chandigarh is right next-door to you. In fact entire Punjab & HP. Still.......?

The Fox

the best way to Bring the Bang back to Bangalore is to
1st Clean the Garbage that is lying on the Roads
2nd Improve the Infrastructure and roads
3rd Finish the Metro
4th Clear the Foot paths so that people can walk on it
5th Implement the traffic Rule which People hardly follow it.

nrupatunga

the best way to Bring the Bang back to Bangalore is to
1st Clean the Garbage that is lying on the Roads
2nd Improve the Infrastructure and roads
3rd Finish the Metro
4th Clear the Foot paths so that people can walk on it
5th Implement the traffic Rule which People hardly follow it.
The current metro routes being built was conceptualised in mid-late 90's. And its nowhere near completion even in 2013. So by the time all the currently planned/getting executed infrastructure projects get completed, those would have become redundant. I somehow feel that this geography/terrain/landscape just cannot sustain such huge population especially with a strong land mafia working overtime to destroy the city.

johanajackson

It was wonderful experience with Bangalore. We really enjoyed our self .From here someone spoke about another place called innovative film city.

tramp

Bangalore needs better garbage collection and disposal and better multimodal transportation... for eg... metro and road transport need to be taken in a holistic manner with the hub and spokes arrangement so that as soon as one gets down at a metro station, there should be radiating bus routes from those hubs... so that more people are encouraged to keep their private vehicles back home. of course, for this, the metro needs to be completed and extended.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Totally agree with the nostalgics in this thread. I have some relatives in Bangalore, and we'd visit them once every 2~3 years when I was little. Streets looked more airy. Girls were western without being vulgar under the guise of being liberal. Autowallahs weren't assholes, obeyed the meter, and didn't mislead you to silk showrooms for their petrol coupons.

Cubbon Park was jaw-droppingly beautiful. Now it's just a wild post-apocalyptic overgrowth, with garden infrastructure (benches, lamps, landscaping) in a state of decay. And to think that Cubbon Park is rubbing its ass with Karnataka High Court and other key state buildings.

Last edited:

tramp

Nostalgia and old world charm are all right. But not city that grows rapidly can preserve its charm of old days. Otherwise, the administration will have to freeze development in the area called 'charming' and allow development in only new areas. This is not practical at all.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Don't fret about BGL. Get a home (& new life) in/near Chandigarh.
Heaven is what lies next to Chandigarh.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles