Ban IPL : Subramanian Swamy

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
NEW DELHI: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Friday demanded a ban on IPL, alleging that the "civilised game" of cricket has been degenerated into a "vulgar" display of money and immorality leading to national security threat.

In a statement, Swamy said the ban could be lifted after barring from the management or ownership of teams all persons actively involved in the cinema world or who hold an elected office in politics.

"I demand that the government ban the IPL tournament forthwith since game's collateral consequences are a degeneration of a civilised game of cricket into a vulgar display of money, immorality, all converting into a serious national security threat," he said.

His comments came against the backdrop of actor and Kolkata Knight Riders' owner Shahrukh Khan's tiff with ground staff at Wankhade stadium and the arrest of an Australian player for allegedly molesting an American woman at a five- star hotel here.

"The recent incident of vulgar, unruly, rowdy behaviour of some of the players, owners and politicians make it necessary to impose this ban for a brief period," he said.

Subramanian Swamy demands ban on IPL - The Times of India

lcatejas

It will be a great step to ban IPL and stop black money usage...:shocked:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
IPL has no soul. Its just a copy version of european football league to pocket some easy money.

At this rate, Sharad Pawar will give competition to Bill Gates !

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
IPL should be closed: Lalu

On the other hand, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday demanded that the tournament should be closed down.

"IPL should be closed," he told reporters outside Parliament House when asked to react on the spat between Shahrukh Khan and Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) officials and other controversies surrounding the game.

On the Shahrukh Khan episode, he alleged that the policemen, who were present when the scuffle broke out between the Bollywood star and MCA officials, were working at the behest of certain political parties.

"All this was done in hatred," Yadav alleged.
Subramanian Swamy, Lalu Prasad advocate ban on IPL

H.A.

Apart from the Sharukh Khan episode, there is another Molestation case going on...read this

After the Luke Pomersbasch molestation accusation, Sidhartha Mallya, Royal Challengers Bangalore owner Vijay Mallya's son took to Twitter to talk about the case.

Sidhartha tweeted, "The girl who is accusing Luke is saying he hit her 'fiance'...what a load of ----ing shit. She was all over me last night and asked for me bbm pin, so if he was her fiance she wasn't exactly behaving like a future wife. Everyone wants there 15 minuets. First SRK, now this...everyone loves a good scandal. Why can't ppl just enjoy the cricket...has everyone forgotten chris' 100 last night? If luke is in the wrong, then trust me he will face the necessary sanctions. But what this girl is doing is idiotic."
Molestation case: The girl was all over me, tweets Sidhartha Mallya - Sport - DNA

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
instead of IPL india must be banned from cricket itself.India is the main reason bookie and match fixing survies in cricket due to mumbai underworld.India destroyed the once called gentleman's game cricket.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Demand in Lok Sabha for high-level probe into IPL affairs

New Delhi: Against the backdrop of alleged molestation of a woman by an Australian player in IPL, a demand was made in the Lok Sabha for a high level probe into the affairs of the tournament, with a BJP member threatening to go on hunger strike from Sunday if no action was taken.

Former cricketer Kirti Azad (BJP) raised the issue during Zero Hour, alleging that the IPL had converted cricket into just entertainment and the tournament is surrounded by controversy after controversy.

In this context, he referred to the alleged molestation of an American citizen of Indian origin by Australian player Luke Pomersbach, who plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore, at a five star hotel on Thursday night.

Amid chants of 'shame shame' by some other members, Azad said prior to this incident, there were allegations of spot-fixing involving five players of IPL and a scuffle involving a top actor who was said to be "drunk".

"It (IPL) reduced cricket to dance and drama. It looks like BCCI and IPL are above laws of the land... We keep writing letters but there is no action," he said, demanding a high level inquiry into the affairs of IPL.

Noting that he had raised the issue of wrongdoings involving IPL earlier also without any action, the BJP member said his "voice is not heard" and that he would undertake fast-unto-death at Ferozeshah Kotla ground here from Sunday if no action was taken on his plea.

JD-U leader Sharad Yadav joined him, saying he had raised a serious issue and government should pay attention. He also alleged that IPL was just "drama" and it was spoiling India's culture.

Kameshwar Baitha (JMM) alleged that food quality in Delhi-Jharkhand Rajdhani train was so bad that he along with 70 other passengers fell ill after eating food while travelling on May 11. He said the contractor responsible for catering should be blacklisted as the Rs 2.5 lakh compensation announced was not enough.

Railway Minister Mukul Roy said it was a serious complaint and he had already ordered an inquiry into it. "This should not happen to anyone, whether MP or not," he said. Baitha also said that an Inspector, who had rendered help to the ailing passengers at Mughalsarai station, was transfered later.

To this, Roy said the Inspector belongs to Government Railway Police (GRP) which is under jurisdiction of Uttar Pradesh government and that he would request Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to cancel the transfer.
Demand in Lok Sabha for high-level probe into IPL affairs

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
instead of IPL india must be banned from cricket itself.India is the main reason bookie and match fixing survies in cricket due to mumbai underworld.India destroyed the once called gentleman's game cricket.
Move such proposal in ICC, I am sure world will be behind you !

H.A.

You saying we are the only ones....:rotflmao:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Oh dear Veteran member , the eternal optimist, what would be do without you. Your self imposed exile had robbed us of your little pearls of wisdom.

sob

Mod
Country flag
By the way why is Lalu asking for IPL to be banned. His son is gainfully employed by DD, for the last 5 years without a single appearance on the pitch.

He should be rooting for IPL.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Oh dear Veteran member , the eternal optimist, what would be do without you. Your self imposed exile had robbed us of your little pearls of wisdom.
:rotflmao:

Oh boy,, what have the Indians turned into.

Ban IPL? I mean seriously? Even if there is betting involved, I dont think we should ban it. Geniuses thinking it should be banned should make a special implant in their brains so that they turn away from watching IPL matches, or simply, they cant just shut the F up and not watch IPL:frusty:

I consider it as asset among our several soft powers.

Anyway, when the govt cant ban Smoking, Alcohol and shit, I think asking for ban of IPL is too much.

These people need to straighten their priorities.:rolleyes:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
IPL has all the gloom around it only because few money lords are pushing large chunks of their black money to eventually turn it white.

Yeah continue IPL and Congress/NCP will have no worry in funding their next election campaigns.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
SO the Problem is not IPL but the way it is run and the corruption done in it by the Congress and its goons. I have a better solution, why not "not vote" for these congress goons next time?:rolleyes:

Oracle

I completely agree with him.
C'mon dude. This huge population does need some entertainment in the form of cricket and B grade movies. Shahruk's and the player's incident can happen in any sport, in any country.

I don't watch IPL though.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
after reading ur statement i have to quote an old saying(or may be this is dialogue from old bolly movie)
jinkay ghar shishe kay hote hain vo dusroo kay ghar per patthar nahin fainkate :namaste:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
C'mon dude. This huge population does need some entertainment in the form of cricket and B grade movies. Shahruk's and the player's incident can happen in any sport, in any country.

I don't watch IPL though.
SRK's incidence is not the reason I am calling to ban IPL.

This drama should be suspended if not banned till a high level committee investigates all transactions & dealings happening under IPL banner. I am sure DLF will go down if their IPL related dealings are scanned by enforcement directorate.

H.A.

What makes everyone think that IPL is helping convert Blackmoney to White money, actually it is generating black money. Take this instance:

A person tries to buy tickets for an IPL match however he finds out that the tickets have sold out, which in reality the tickets have been sold to the middlemen at a premium, the middlemen that adds his margin and sells it to the actual buyer, so you see more black money created.

Instead the government should increase tax levied on the sale of tickets, that way we can cash on the cricket frenzy.

Oracle

SRK's incidence is not the reason I am calling to ban IPL.

This drama should be suspended if not banned till a high level committee investigates all transactions & dealings happening under IPL banner. I am sure DLF will go down if their IPL related dealings are scanned by enforcement directorate.
Might be. But yeah, wherever Sharadji's touch is visible should be investigated. He's too powerful though, as well as a coalition partner.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles