Balochistan very significant for US, says Munter

Blackwater

QUETTA: US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter on Thursday said the province of Balochistan was very significant for the United States, DawnNews reported.

Mr Munter was speaking to Speaker Balochistan Assembly Mohammad Aslam Bhootani in Quetta.

Moreover, Mr Munter declared his support for the democratic setup in Pakistan.

Earlier on Wednesday, Mr Munter had announced Rs 8.6 million for the construction of two houses in the SoS village in Quetta.

Also on Wednesday, Mr Munter reiterated that he was very optimistic regarding the Pakistan-US ties despite disagreements between the two countries on various issue.

He maintained that the US government was aware of the suffering of the people of Balochistan and was extending cooperation in fields such as education and health to benefit the people of the province.:becky::becky:

Balochistan very significant for US, says Munter | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well well well! Someone is opening the coffins slowly..why do I sense something sinister? :heh:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Baluchistan is of significance to India too, hope we offer Moral support for the cause of their freedom fighters :D

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
This is how it starts always.
I think US is gonna take a Pakistan down by the time it leaves Afghanistan.
Exciting days ahead.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It is almost hilarious; the more Pakistanis run towards China begging for relief, the more US comes into their arms searching for love. And when US gets curious, disaster happens always. It is an old rule of thumb.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well well well! Someone is opening the coffins slowly..why do I sense something sinister? :heh:
All of US equipment to Afganistan transit through Baluch and a lot of times they get attacked and burnt, So i think US is trying to get safe passage thats all.

Blackwater

It is almost hilarious; the more Pakistanis run towards China begging for relief, the more US comes into their arms searching for love. And when US gets curious, disaster happens always. It is an old rule of thumb.
From USA with love: Blackwater 007:becky::becky::becky::brahmos:

Blackwater

All of US equipment to Afganistan transit through Baluch and a lot of times they get attacked and burnt, So i think US is trying to get safe passage thats all.
Anybody who controls Baluchistan with get the following

Big reserve of natural gas
Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big reserve of coal
Access to warm water
Control of sea route and Iran and Afganistan

arya

Country flag
we should declare our moral support with them

lets enemy keep busy in there home

arya

Country flag
Anybody who controls Baluchistan with get the following

Big reserve of natural gas
Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big reserve of coal
Access to warm water
Control of sea route and Iran and Afganistan
let me try i will give you your %

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Bad development (for India). It shows that US has laid its eyes on the oil and gas resources of Balochistan. It may destabilize Pakistan to get those resources, but that isn't going to help India in a big way.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Bad development (for India). It shows that US has laid its eyes on the oil and gas resources of Balochistan. It may destabilize Pakistan to get those resources, but that isn't going to help India in a big way.
good point - perhaps usa can be persuaded to change tactic to merely prevent prc from getting a hold of those resources - worth a try i think

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i think the usa should also one of these fine days declare that Gilgit-Baltistan is also v significant to them !

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
good point - perhaps usa can be persuaded to change tactic to merely prevent prc from getting a hold of those resources - worth a try i think
They'll prevent PRC alright, but they'll take the oil. There's little in it for India. If India wants Balochistan's oil, it has to buy it at market prices.

With each bullet and dollar that US is throwing at Pakistan, it is building leverage. That leverage helps tapping into resources. No wonder it's not just tough, but impossible to convince US to reduce/stop aid to Pakistan.

agentperry

similar to pak fm hina khar coming to ND and meeting with separatist leader. well he didnt met separatists but the comment he made when looked thru suspicion googles highlights that somebody wants to punish someone for all the blackmailing they did for years.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
They'll prevent PRC alright, but they'll take the oil. There's little in it for India. If India wants Balochistan's oil, it has to buy it at market prices.

With each bullet and dollar that US is throwing at Pakistan, it is building leverage. That leverage helps tapping into resources. No wonder it's not just tough, but impossible to convince US to reduce/stop aid to Pakistan.

referring to yusuf's post below, - india's objective is not really the oil . although i respectfully disagree with him about wanting to " breakup " pakland ...... and rather leave it unsaid ..... having too strong a dragon at our doorstep isnt the best for india and so the usa getting the oil ain't a big deal at all.

as for the usa being compelled to finance and arm pakland , didnt i hear that a major rethink is underway and much aid has already been with-held ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles