Bagalkot youth's robot is likely to 'join' Army.

Poseidon

Country flag
Bagalkot youth's robot is likely to 'join' Army.
Vinobha K T, TNN | May 14, 2012, 07.29AM IST

Mangalore: If everything goes well, a radio frequency (RF) remote-controlled robot developed by a young engineer from Bagalkot will soon become a part of the Indian Army. Naveen Raghavendra Shirur, an alumnus of Basaveshwara Engineering College, has already met the Army's deputy chief (information systems and training) Lt Gen Ramesh Halagali and explained about various features of his smallest (RF) remote-controlled surveillance robot. The robot can survey the movements of enemies.

He claims that the robot, which is 6.1cm in length, 5.1cm in height and 5.4cm in width, cannot be easily noticed by enemies.

"The cameras fixed in the robot will send audio and video signals to the servers. We can operate it from remote places. One major feature of the robot is that it can also function as an explosive if enemies trace it. The robot will explode when enemies lift it from the ground," he said.Naveen said that during his meeting with Let Gen Ramesh, the officer told him that it was a first of its kind robot he had seen in his entire career. "He appreciated my efforts and also assured me that the matter will be discussed with the scientists of Indian Army Robotic Research Centre," he added.

Naveen has won Limca Book of Records and Indian Book of Records for his robot. He is now in the process of applying for a patent for the prototype robot. He had earlier developed a robot with rotating gun assembly as part of his project in 2009. The solar -powered robot was capable of firing bullets in angles.

Bagalkot youth's robot is likely to 'join' Army - The Times of India

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
5.1 cm is good. Little soldier would be tactically useful in Counter Insurgency Ops.
Questions:
Is it rugged enough? How hard can it land?

H.A.

5.1 cm is good. Little soldier would be tactically useful in Counter Insurgency Ops.
Questions:
Is it rugged enough? How hard can it land?
I doubt it is a UAV...i believe it is more of a land robot

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I know. I was wondering if it can hop around or probably make a hard landing if dropped from UAV? I hope I'm not being too futuristic.
Success of this robot would partly depend on how well it is applied/embedded in a field situation - the larger picture. Even though by itself it may be a pretty good machine.

Regards,
Virendra

agentperry

go to navy. they listen to civilians other just have agents

drkrn

holy cow its even tiny than a domestic rat.it can effectively be used even during disasters where a human can't reach.
i appreciate this young engineers work for the country.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
He should get the required funding, scholarship etc. if there is a plan and need. I'm hoping more would come from him.

H.A.

Some thing like this:

This is from Recon Robotics, isn't it? however is it similar to what has been developed by the youth? how did he fit a firing mechanism coupled with actual firepower?

Please don't tell me that the robot is actually similar because an Indian company has already copied it and is actively marketing it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This is from Recon Robotics, isn't it? however is it similar to what has been developed by the youth? how did he fit a firing mechanism coupled with actual firepower?

Please don't tell me that the robot is actually similar because an Indian company has already copied it and is actively marketing it.
I said: 'something similar' in my post.. ( Size )

From the article:

"The cameras fixed in the robot will send audio and video signals to the servers. We can operate it from remote places. One major feature of the robot is that it can also function as an explosive if enemies trace it. The robot will explode when enemies lift it from the ground," he said.Naveen said that during his meeting with Let Gen Ramesh

drkrn

he should modify this into auto destruct robot.

waiting for the day robos going ambush terrorists

Shiv Agrawal

Good project, Also happy that it caught the right attention.
sir,
im also make robots like bomb difussal robots n robotic arm n 12 gernade launcher robot prototype
but sir all the the prototype i made is from waste materials n very cheap so this creates bad impression sir?

Shiv Agrawal

sir,
can u help me im also make robots but i dont no where can i shown thesse robots
and sir these robots are made of waste material so it is cheap
sir it make bad impression?

Chris Jude

Country flag
I would like appreciate the effort of the young engineer, in fact it is these kind people with a passion should Join the Defence Research Agencies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles