#BackOffIndia trending on Twitter after India's statement on Nepal's constitution

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
The Syndicate within Congress(referring to leaders from non-Hindi states) under Kamaraj were all powerful block within Congress party, Kamaraj was number 2 in Congress after Nehru, only difference was Tamil Nadu wasn't in tune with other non-Hindi states regarding official languages and three languages formula. so your claim of Hindi states people controlling everything is far from being real.
Dint I say that myself? even now, no one can claim that India is controlled by Hindi Belt. The powers are distributed fairly well to all the states of India

Well, I don't think it was wise to impose Hindi on Tamil Nadu, but majority of North Indians had a strong sense of getting cheated among North Indians after we are made to learn English in schools post-independence because there was expectation of getting rid of English language along with British rule. So, Dravidian parties may think what's the need of keeping two official languages (two rat holes example) but you guys need to understand how North Indians have seen English as a language instead of making villain out of us.
Oh please, removing English and forcing us to learn Hindi would have put us at a great disadvantage vis a vis North in civil service exams, since you would be giving them in your native language and we have to learn a foreign language and THEN give it. English is a neutral ground.

BTW, it was not so much Hindi being forced which was opposed by rather English being scrapped too which was opposed tooth and nail. No one is dumb and South Indians dint fall for the BS that Hindi is somehow Indian or other such excuse which was used for imposing it.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Things aren't so easy. AFAIK one important cause of the rift between us and them was the economic embargo imposed by R Gandhi on Nepal in 1989. With long-term effects. Also take into account the Nepalese royal massacre in 2001.

Just a few things I could think of.

Edit: I particularly hold our Indian media responsible for sowing the seeds of discontent. It's not that we control them nor is it particularly feasible in a democratic society. Yet the Nepalis are perfectly taking the bait - lumping Indian public opinion and media released opinion together.
Whatever may be the reason, Nepalis are behaving like overpampered GFs. Indian govt's unofficial blockade is necessary to put them in their place.

Sambha ka Boss

Himachalis are different. Aren't there Kumaonis in Nepal?
Pahadi means 'someone from Hills'. Kumaon is a region entirely in Uttarakhand and not at all related to Pahadis of Nepal. They speak Kumaoni a dialect of Pahadi Hindi. Pahadis of Nepal speak Khas Bhasha i.e. the Nepali language.

Sambha ka Boss

Dint I say that myself? even now, no one can claim that India is controlled by Hindi Belt. The powers are distributed fairly well to all the states of India

Oh please, removing English and forcing us to learn Hindi would have put us at a great disadvantage vis a vis North in civil service exams, since you would be giving them in your native language and we have to learn a foreign language and THEN give it. English is a neutral ground.

BTW, it was not so much Hindi being forced which was opposed by rather English being scrapped too which was opposed tooth and nail. No one is dumb and South Indians dint fall for the BS that Hindi is somehow Indian or other such excuse which was used for imposing it.
Well Sirji, I am not in support of removing English but I have noticed there is lot of needless villain making and bashing targeting North Indians. There is also a fact that North Indians don't see English as a neutral language but a colonial baggage, only in some states like Tamil Nadu, English is seen as a neutral language. So, here also people has different opinions. That's why we went for a middle path.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well Sirji, I am not in support of removing English but I have noticed there is lot of needless villain making and bashing targeting North Indians. There is also a fact that North Indians don't see English as a neutral language but a colonial baggage, only in some states like Tamil Nadu, English is seen as a neutral language. So, here also people has different opinions. That's why we went for a middle path.
English has colonial baggage no doubt. Sanskrit could have been better a national language. but we lost the chance and no point debating it now.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles