Backed by China, Russia to Deploy Bombers over Gulf of Mexico

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Ray, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Russia is 'hitting back' and so some vestige of the Cold War appears to have resumed and the world becomes a dangerous place.

Given this report, it is more of patrolling over the Gulf of Mexico and not quite a classical deployment wherein the planes should have a base. Of course, that is cutting the term fine. Deployment, after all could also mean, filling a void.

Nonetheless, the probability of contests for the airspace cannot be ruled out and that could lead to dire situations, causing imbalance in the world peace.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    Kshatriya87 likes this.
  3. t_co

t_co Senior Member Senior Member

If you're going to copy-paste sentences from other articles in an effort to make your own posts sound more intelligent, at least cite a source.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  4. Ray

I have of course copied sentences from the other article I posted.

It is done with the intent to check as a Moderator if people read the posts or just skim and then pontificate.

The aim to start this thread is just that, for, I could have posted this very thread as a post under that thread or even under the War in Ukraine. It would have been quite on topic.

However, what you have not noticed that I am trying to locate the trolls who are cluttering the forum with redundant posts and opening inane threads.

There is always a method in the madness.

But let me also inform you that when I post an article, in my post on that article, I also cut and paste sentences of that article appropriate to the theme I wish to state. It saves me time. Note the number of posts and threads I append. It requires time and I do not have the time that you might imagine I have or the time you have at hand. Nothing new actually.

But it pleases me to note that you do read posts with due diligence. I am aware that you and nimo_cn follow my post like sharp eyed vultures.

Bully to you.

Added
    Just to make you happy, I have edited it suitably so that it does not created electrique disturbances in your regimented state of mind.

I am aware that I am intelligent and I have no requirement for certification from anyone, and surely not you.

And unlike your signature, 3. Do not suffer fools gladly, as a Moderator, I have no option but to suffer fools.

One more correction - the title of the thread is actually from Fox Insider, the content I thought was not suitable.

sorcerer and Srinivas_K like this.
  5. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

Very bold move. Think it will escalate to war?

6. t_co

what other article?

:lol: you even edited my prior post to make yourself seem like less of a plagiarist.

and you even try to justify it by saying you make too many posts to have the time not to plagiarize.

...so you are both a self-admitted spammer and a plagiarist. bravo!

7. Ray

Clever, clever, cunning you.

If you are claiming that you have not seen any other article, then how do you come to this conclusion?

Typical of you chap, weasel and dodge.

It is no spamming, it is mere convenience to save time to append extracts. And unlike you folks, I am bold to state do without hedging.

But then how would you comprehend that when your full time job assigned by the CPC is to spam foreign forums?

I am here on in an honorary position.

bose and sydsnyper like this.
  8. t_co

I have seen another article. You asked what other article. I don't need to name it, since you're the one who's plagiarizing...

Only after you got caught.

Look at my post count - 2,400 over 24 months. 3-4 per day.

Look at your post count - 39,000 over 56 months. About 20 per day.

On the basis of volume - your argument, not mine - it's fairly obvious who's getting paid to post here.

9. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

You are right, @Ray does not do an ounce of the good job you chinese do at copy pasting....

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Source already provided. One link, and two italized sentence fragments. Since you missed them, here are the sources: Le Monde diplomatique and After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order.

Before you accuse, make sure you have at least a point to make.

You are being disingenuous here. You have no case. Comment on the topic.

11. Ray

You astound.

Another article, but won't name!

Friend, do all articles have the same syntax?

Who are you kidding.

You lie through your teeth.

One does not get to post, unlike China.

The number of post is indicative of the versatility of knowledge, mind and repartee.

Your numbers indicate your sad state and the cause for your envy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  12. sgarg

sgarg Senior Member Senior Member

The Russian bomber patrols serve a purpose, which is quite different from show off. First of course is to train pilots as these are long range flights. Second is to be able to respond to a sudden crisis.

In the age of nuclear missiles with 15 minute flight times, these bombers provide an instantaneous response capability.

Russia does not have enough submarines today. So bombers fill the void to some extent.

13. sgarg

Logical thing is for USA to back off from Ukraine. But it shows no intention to do that.

The East Ukraine conflict has already claimed +30000 lives and destroyed infrastructure of 30-40 billion dollars.

The unfortunate situation continues to escalate.

14. pmaitra

@sgarg, I think you meant to say 3000+ lives?

15. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Where will these bombers be based and how exactly is China backing these moves?

It is not very clear from the article.

16. t_co

The source is neither after the empire nor le monde diplomatique. Ray is ripping this article off:

Old wine, new bottles

As for the topic at hand, Russian bombers over the Gulf mean little. Only 10% of Russia's megatonnage is airborne; 30% is seaborne and 60% is land-based. (The US has a 20/50/30 split in air/sea/land legs of its triad by megatonnage).

17. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

Well, if this article has some truth in it then it only goes to show that Russia is now just a "proxy" of China.

Oh, how things have changed, the USSR is no more and its successor (Russia) is just a proxy... China I must say is really thinking well. Even if Russia is no longer the imperial beast it once was yet it still is a very credible "proxy," the best I must say.

18. pmaitra

He put that excerpt within quotes. This means he is quoting something, and not trying to take credit for someone else's work. He took care to use the quote tags. His own comments are outside the quotes.

The content within the quote tags also contain quotes from the two sources mentioned, and his point was to highlight that (hence the italics). One thing he wanted to highlight was:
    Credit already given to Le Monde whatever.

If I were you, I'd try to write something meaningful, for a change.

19. sgarg

@pmaitra, Nope it is thirty thousand+.

At least 6000 civilians are dead so far in shelling. The figures for military deaths are not accurate. The rebel side does not give figures. All figures from Kiev are fudged.
    The military deaths could be as high as 25000.

This was is fairly intense, far more than it seems.

General indicators are that Kiev has introduced draft. Rebels have also introduced draft. Most likely Russia is also drafting soldiers.

20. sgarg

At least something makes you happy!

asianobserve likes this.