Babur as Valentine

ashdoc

Country flag
Plus you would be lying to yourself if you thought a significant portion of the Indian population already doesn't celebrate him.
yeah , some even adore aurangzeb . so they would certainly celebrate babur .

once a friend of mine had gone to khuldabad to see aurangzeb's grave . on the way he said to the muslim driver of the tourist taxi he was travelling in---'' i want to give a kick to aurangzeb's grave for all the tyrannies he inflicted on hindus '' . the muslim driver got angry and a verbal fight erupted.....

blank_quest

Country flag
:yawn: Whats the issue ? its all too small a matter to make a fuzz about. India is too great to accept invaders as hero's :hehe:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Would it be any different than celebrating British invaders?

blank_quest

Country flag
Would it be any different than celebrating British invaders?
India is too too too much Great .. We are proud to accept anyone be it our rapers or looters.. May be thats why India's capital is also called as Rape Capital :pound: :yo:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
India is too too too much Great .. We are proud to accept anyone be it our rapers or looters.. May be thats why India's capital is also called as Rape Capital :pound: :yo:
:facepalm:
By the way, I've known our Indian breed of Maulvis to appeal their masses - 'Lets bring Aurangzeb's era back" ... :puke:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
One thing is for sure though... Just to irk Indians, Pak will now eat some more grass and erect more monuments for Babur and thereby further embrace their bastard lineage.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tronic

Did you read the part where the author asks if India will celebrate his birthday? I mean come on, its a retarded concept. Babur had no respect for India...
True, and that's because Babur was fixated to take back the land of milk and honey, Samarkhand.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The irony is you don't see the obvious question posed here. Should India celebrate Babur... :dude:
The irony is that the author never posed that question anywhere, and he definitely doesn't suggest that India should celebrate Babur. It's a question that you and some other readers posed to yourselves, without reading the actual contents of the article.

What was even the point of these lines ? :notsure:
To compare the different legacies that Babur left in Uzbekistan and India. His influence on India was greater than it was on Uzbekistan, but India does not accord Babur the status of hero for obvious reasons, while Uzbekistan does. The author then elaborates on Babur's views of India, compared to his views on his homeland in Uzbekistan, and shows that this is one reason why Babur cannot be viewed by Indians in the same way that he is viewed by Uzbeks.

The author might say the personally wont celebrate Babur as a symbol of love and pacifism for so and so reasons as mentioned in the penultimate para but also conceded that others might just do that, which is a sentiment echoed by that historian too.
I never argued against that. I only argued that the author himself does not advocate the celebration of Babur, and his article was only a juxtaposition of Babur's different legacies in Uzbekistan and India. However, based on the readers' comments on that article, as well as some of the replies on this very thread, it seems that many people assumed that the article was suggesting that India should celebrate Babur, when it clearly wasn't. This is quite worrying, as it shows either a tendency of the sheeple to draw conclusions without actually reading what is presented to them, or low levels of reading comprehension.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles