AWACS plane destroyed in Kamra attack, NA body told

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ISLAMABAD: In an attack on Kamra airbase, an Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) plane was destroyed, while ten attackers were also killed, the National Assembly Standing Committee on Defence was told on Wednesday.

It was informed that defence installations have been attacked 16 times in the country since 2009. The meeting of the standing committee was chaired by Azra Fazal Pechuho. Defence Secretary Lieutenant General (retired) Asif Yasin Malik informed the committee that the defence installations saw their last attacks in Peshawar and the Kamra airbase.

He said that in the attack on the Kamra airbase an Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) plane was destroyed.
The terrorists attacked Peshawar Air Base from all four sides, but fortunately all the defence installations remained safe, Malik said. He said after back-to-back attacks, army
personnel have been deployed at all defence facilities of the country. He said intelligence officials who supported the terrorists had also been charged.

AWACS plane destroyed in Kamra attack, NA body told - thenews.com.pk

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
16 defence installations attacked since 2009: Defence Secretary

ISLAMABAD: The National Assembly's standing committee on defence has been informed that defence installations have been attacked sixteen times in the country since 2009.

The meeting of the standing committee was chaired by Azra Fazal Pechuho here on Wednesday. Defence Secretary Lieutenant General (retired) Asif Yasin Malik informed the committee that defence installations have been attacked sixteen times since 2009, adding that the last attacks were in Peshawar and the Kamra airbase.

The Defence Secretary said that in the attack on the Kamra airbase an Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) plane was destroyed, while ten attackers were also killed.

Asif Yasin further said that all four sides were attacked in Peshawar but fortunately all installations remained safe.

In his briefing, the defence secretary informed the committee that quick response forces had been deployed at all defence installations while action had been taken against army personnel involved in these attacks.

16 defence installations attacked since 2009: Defence Secretary - geo.tv

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
With due respect I would like to pay thanks to the terrorists of Pakistan for doing a great favour to us by attacking and destroying their defence installations :) , btw when are you going to nuke Karachi :sucide: :pop:?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
With due respect I would like to pay thanks to the terrorists of Pakistan for doing a great favour to us by attacking and destroying their defence installations :) , btw when are you going to nuke Karachi :sucide: :pop:?
cant we put the list of other assets they have as intended target, more like hit list for them.

average american

I expect they can get another one from the USA but considering most american military having very strong feelings about Pakistan hiding Osama bin Laden for years and Pakistan involvement in attacks on soldiers in Afganstan I am not sure I would trust what ever they get from this point on.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
cant we put the list of other assets they have as intended target, more like hit list for them.
Yeah, specially high value targets like awacs ;)

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
nose cone hit..

we already have a spare saab 2000 we can put the radar and related system on that

if it cant be repaired

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
nose cone hit..

we already have a spare saab 2000 we can put the radar and related system on that

if it cant be repaired
I know it is difficult for you, because of madarsa education system. But google it for the underline word.

The Defence Secretary said that in the attack on the Kamra airbase an Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) plane was destroyed, while ten attackers were also killed.

Global Defence

Articles