Aviation giant [Antonov] is nearly grounded in Ukraine

garg_bharat

Country flag
@tharun, reliability of any Ukraine supplier is question mark at this point. An aircraft is a complex machine which requires components made by hundreds of supplier. Remember strength of a chain is determined by its weakest link. Buying Antonov design is not an option.

garg_bharat

Country flag
You again. An-132 created without Russian components.
We shall have this discussion two years down the road, in march 2018.

You still have some components left from earlier programs.

Akim

Professional
Country flag

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
@tharun, reliability of any Ukraine supplier is question mark at this point. An aircraft is a complex machine which requires components made by hundreds of supplier. Remember strength of a chain is determined by its weakest link. Buying Antonov design is not an option.
Thing is if we can get the designs private companies can easily replicate the components...or procure by any means

Akim

Professional
Country flag
We shall have this discussion two years down the road, in march 2018.

You still have some components left from earlier programs.
СостоялRussia is not the only and exclusive supplier of components. In avionics (An-132 and Antonov 148-178) was replaced by the American.
Thing is if we can get the designs private companies can easily replicate the components...or procure by any means
Continue to create a Russian-Indian MTA.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Tests of the modernized Indian An-32.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think India will have better tech than what Ukraine can give.

There is no problem in making any western transport in india.

Even current Russian aircrafts are better than Antonov design can provide.

garg_bharat

Country flag
СостоялRussia is not the only and exclusive supplier of components. In avionics (An-132 and Antonov 148-178) was replaced by the American.

Continue to create a Russian-Indian MTA.
As I said, I shall wait two more years and then see what is left of Ukraine.

It is easy to criticize as compared to build.

Ukrainians are set on a negative and destructive path.

garg_bharat

Country flag
@Akim, you keep on losing every argument to me. Do not get the illusion that will get any better.

Russia is a large country. It needs large number of planes for domestic market.

Ukraine is nowhere.

Tech development is driven by demand.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@Akim, you keep on losing every argument to me. Do not get the illusion that will get any better.

Russia is a large country. It needs large number of planes for domestic market.

Ukraine is nowhere.

Tech development is driven by demand.
The Ukrainian economy is in poor condition. In this case I agree. However, regional jets need. Better one hour fly on the route Odessa-Donetsk than 12 hours to go by train.
When the Russian economy was on the rise, many regional jets of the Ukrainian and Russian production bought?

garg_bharat

Country flag
Ukrainians in February 2016 sold $146.6 million more foreign currency than bought, improving the figure for January by 27.7%, according to the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU).

According to its data, in February the population reduced forex purchases compared to the previous month by 0.39%, to $39.3 million, while sales increased by 20.53%, to $185.9 million.

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/331028.html

Shows people are in dire straits, selling their dollar savings to get by.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Ukrainians in February 2016 sold $146.6 million more foreign currency than bought, improving the figure for January by 27.7%, according to the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU).

According to its data, in February the population reduced forex purchases compared to the previous month by 0.39%, to $39.3 million, while sales increased by 20.53%, to $185.9 million.

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/331028.html

Shows people are in dire straits, selling their dollar savings to get by.
We collect the moss on the rocks and cook it.o_O Yes, the economy is bad, It's not just the loss of the Russian market, but also domestic. Before I bought 32" TV made in Ukraine, now they do not produce. There are plenty of examples.But, if I pay an Internet provider so the food is not the absolute priority. However, and here Antonov?

pmaitra

We collect the moss on the rocks and cook it.o_O
And boil birch bark as a side drink? :drool:

Anyway, looks like bankrupt Kiev-regime will try to get money from the Saudi nutjobs.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
And boil birch bark as a side drink? :drool:

Anyway, looks like bankrupt Kiev-regime will try to get money from the Saudi nutjobs.
The money worse than others? They are worse than Iran where going to license An-140?

pmaitra

The money worse than others? They are worse than Iran where going to license An-140?
Wahhabi money. Kiev-regime might not have an option. This is what the "European Choice" has resulted into. How's EuroMaidown coming along?

pmaitra

I think Vladimir Putin should make a deal with the chocolate seller.

Pay some money to these money hungry corrupt dictator and his minions, relocate all the machinery, tools, and perhaps personnel from all the Antonov facilities in whatever territory the Kiev-regime controls, and set it up in Russia.

Antonov was essentially a Russian design bureau.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles