Average Heights of Indians for different states

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
Overall, the results are as in line with conventional thinking. I expected J&K, Punjab, Haryana to be near the top. The one that surprised me is Kerala but it makes sense on reflection. Kerala has relatively better health care system and lower rates of malnutrition.
I disagree, anyone who has visited Rajasthan and Kerala will tell you that Rajasthanis like Jats, Gurjars, Meenas, Rajputs and even Brahmins are taller than Keralites. The study is stupid as only some select groups are tall in Kerala but they are too few to make that difference.

Among Indians, Jats of Punjab and Dogras are shorter by slight margin than Kashmiri males but are well built. I have not seen strong and robust Kashmiris,infact South Indians have denser bodies unlike lean and thin Kashmiris which explains their poor military record.

I think that Tamilians are shortest in India.

Last edited:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I disagree, anyone who has visited Rajasthan and Kerala will tell you that Rajasthanis like Jats, Gurjars, Meenas, Rajputs and even Brahmins are taller than Keralites. The study is stupid as only some select groups are tall in Kerala but they are too few to make that difference.

Among Indians, Jats of Punjab and Dogras are shorter by slight margin than Kashmiri males but are well built. I have not seen strong and robust Kashmiris,infact South Indians have denser bodies unlike lean and thin Kashmiris which explains their poor military record.

I think that Tamilians are shortest in India.
Kashmiris are tall, no doubt but they are not a militaristic people. They do not have military zeal or discipline that other Northwest Indians have. South Indians can also be a militaristic people. Consider the Tamil Tigers. They were quite well organized, disciplined and strong. Kashmiris do have smaller frames I think.
I don't know enough about Malayalis but a lot of them seem to have Arabid influence. Many have curly hair and semitic features. Some have Levantine admixture.

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
Kashmiris are tall, no doubt but they are not a militaristic people. They do not have military zeal or discipline that other Northwest Indians have. South Indians can also be a militaristic people. Consider the Tamil Tigers. They were quite well organized, disciplined and strong. Kashmiris do have smaller frames I think.
I don't know enough about Malayalis but a lot of them seem to have Arabid influence. Many have curly hair and semitic features. Some have Levantine admixture.
That was what I said, Kashmiris are tall but do not have muscular body,they have been notable for being weak and are pleasure seeking.South Indians are quite militaristic and before British, every village had well trained soldiers. There are stories of south Indian mothers wishing to cut their breasts if it was reported that their sons ran away from battlefield.( What a great martial culture)
Kashmiris, Gujratis and Bengalis are not at all militaristic.
You are right about Keralites, Arabs settled among them, intermarried( Keralites were always free of Hindu restrictions) with them and so many of them began to be called "Mappilah" which is Tamil Malyalam term for son in laws.Today, muslims are called moplahs.
Sri Lankans also have semitic blood in them as they too mixed with Arab traders.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
That was what I said, Kashmiris are tall but do not have muscular body,they have been notable for being weak and are pleasure seeking.South Indians are quite militaristic and before British, every village had well trained soldiers. There are stories of south Indian mothers wishing to cut their breasts if it was reported that their sons ran away from battlefield.( What a great martial culture)
Kashmiris, Gujratis and Bengalis are not at all militaristic.
You are right about Keralites, Arabs settled among them, intermarried( Keralites were always free of Hindu restrictions) with them and so many of them began to be called "Mappilah" which is Tamil Malyalam term for son in laws.Today, muslims are called moplahs.
Sri Lankans also have semitic blood in them as they too mixed with Arab traders.
The most militaristic people are the Germans

EXPERT

well, there is no relationship between height and militarism . Btw do you wanna say that we could use the height of kashmiris in Army . ?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
well, there is no relationship between height and militarism . Btw do you wanna say that we could use the height of kashmiris in Army . ?
Of course there isn't. If there was, Japanese would make poor soldiers. Instead they were a military juggernaut in WWII. Vietnamese would not have been able to resist the stronger and taller Americans. Numerous examples exist throughout history. Militarism is directly tied to nationalism and other facts unrelated to physical attributes.

Ajesh

The khatriyas of kerala are fierce militaristic people, the Nairs nambiars menons and Pillais, The British once termed Nairs more arrogant than the Rajputs

But of course they are not arrogant but just proud, if tipu sultan and the British did not had modern arms the khatriyas would have destroyed them, one on one

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
The khatriyas of kerala are fierce militaristic people, the Nairs nambiars menons and Pillais, The British once termed Nairs more arrogant than the Rajputs

But of course they are not arrogant but just proud, if tipu sultan and the British did not had modern arms the khatriyas would have destroyed them, one on one
I agree on fierce military spirit of Nairs but disagree on their destroying British without firearms.

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
Of course there isn't. If there was, Japanese would make poor soldiers. Instead they were a military juggernaut in WWII. Vietnamese would not have been able to resist the stronger and taller Americans. Numerous examples exist throughout history. Militarism is directly tied to nationalism and other facts unrelated to physical attributes.
In modern world, it is related to your technological sophistication, in pre modern era, it was martial culture as well as physique due to man to man fights.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
My experience yet to meet an Indian who is not 6ft fair or goodlooking online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Well... You have known me for a while, haven't you?

I assure you that my online proofile in my own name is very much of my own pic which is nowhere near 6 ft., fare by the standard of Bongs but noway good looking. And I do know a good no. of chaps who do use their own pic despite not having to conform with parameters of goodlooking.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

Me too.

Everybody is 6 ft and fair like the fairest maiden in this forum :rofl:

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
It's sad to see that Indians have internalized white supremacy to an extent where they feel that lighter skin is somehow better or more beautiful.
When India becomes a superpower, this nonsense will die.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
When India becomes a superpower, this nonsense will die.
I doubt it. China is on its way to becoming a superpower yet they are the biggest white wannabes in the world. Indians make fun of white people, asians, blacks, arabs, etc.. but at the same time, they like white skin.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
It's sad to see that Indians have internalized white supremacy to an extent where they feel that lighter skin is somehow better or more beautiful.
Aren't you the one claiming to be tall and fair :lol:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Inferiority complex :lol:
We already have olive/light brown skin, which is considered desirable by most Indians so we don't care about skin colour. The communities where dark skin dominates is also where colourism is most ubiquitous. That is the sad part. There is much more to attractiveness than skin colour.

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
I doubt it. China is on its way to becoming a superpower yet they are the biggest white wannabes in the world. Indians make fun of white people, asians, blacks, arabs, etc.. but at the same time, they like white skin.
Let us wait for future then.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles