Avalanche hits Army post in Kashmir, one killed

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Avalanche hits Army post in Kashmir, one killed - The Times of India

SRINAGAR: An Army trooper was killed and another was missing after an avalanche hit an army post in Kashmir's Kupwara district on Thursday evening.

Army sources said the avalanche hit the Army post in Sonapendi Gali of Machil sector in Kupwara district burying two troopers under its debris.

One of the troopers, identified as Sanatam Singh, was rescued immediately after the accident, but he later succumbed to his injuries. The other trooper was missing and the efforts were on find him.

Blackwater

We shd buy early warning avalanche radar from Switzerland or Austria . I don't know IA has it or not?

pkroyal

We shd buy early warning avalanche radar from Switzerland or Austria . I don't know IA has it or not?
No IA does not have an AWS for avalanches.
In fact this point was put up during a presentation at SASE ( Manali) in Nov 1993 when Prof UR Rao & Dr APJ Abdul Kalam ( the then SA to RM)were present.

The system does not cost much and is put at regular intervals in avalanche prone areas. Switzerland has innumerable tourists on its ski slopes, in the last decade they have lost only one person in an avalanche.

Blackwater

No IA does not have an AWS for avalanches.
In fact this point was put up during a presentation at SASE ( Manali) in Nov 1993 when Prof UR Rao & Dr APJ Abdul Kalam ( the then SA to RM)were present.

The system does not cost much and is put at regular intervals in avalanche prone areas. Switzerland has innumerable tourists on its ski slopes, in the last decade they have lost only one person in an avalanche.
then India should buy it. if only 1 person died (i doubt) with avalanche wats the guarantee nothing will happen in future.

if it does not cost that much, what billions defense $$$ for.

human life+ training cost is much higher than avalanche radar

rvjpheonix

Country flag
then India should buy it. if only 1 person died (i doubt) with avalanche wats the guarantee nothing will happen in future.

if it does not cost that much, what billions defense $$$ for.

human life+ training cost is much higher than avalanche radar
I think he means to say that switzerland has put up a warning system and hence has not lost many lives to avalanches.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles