Australian Muslims Protest against Banning 'Terrorism'

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple

How can an anti-terror law, saying it may affect Islam and the teaching of the Quran, the holy book?

An anti terror law is against Terrorism.

I wonder which religious book advocates Terrorism.
The Quran clearly advocates murder and violence. It's the story of a unpopular lunatic, who went out into the desert and raised an army to start a guerrilla war against unbelievers.

That said, both the New Testament and the Talmud contain all sorts of endorsements for actions that would be illegal in Australia.

I don't think Muslims or immigrants in general purposely segregate themselves. They are forced to do that by the local population .... imagine this, if the local population is unwelcoming, bigoted, then immigrants may keep to themselves out of fear. This happened even with Jews in Europe many centuries ago ... which is why Jews formed ghettos. Jews were afraid, so they had no option but to keep to themselves... doesn't mean they hated integration or whatever.

So before blaming immigrants, I think westerners should first of all ask themselves why they are so hostile and narrow-minded..... they have no qualms invading other countries but make a hue and cry about immigrants.
Almost all Australians are immigrants. How can they segregate themselves?

Don't know how the Europe of several centuries ago is relevant to modern Australia. But ghettos were formed, not by Jews themselves but, by the Russian Imperial authorities.

In a thread on Islamic extremism you consider that "westerners" are violent and narrow minded... OK champ.

Unlike you my birth wasn't midwifed by the janitor of Elizabeth the queen, to have the false sense of superiority of comprehension ability. 'We' comprehended exactly what your post tried to convey.
But, if there is a gap between your thought and your writing and your post doesn't convey exactly what you wanted to, the problem is on your side. :sad:
That's Queen Elizabeth the second or, to you son, Her Majesty.

Should I start some verbal spat with a old man who doesn't know how to behave and act like his age. :rolleyes: :wave:

But I can understand since it's in genetics of Criminal Uncivilized Fugitive Aussies to simply abuse and shit from their mouth when they can't respond. :lol:
Your avatar is "ne me Charlie"... Don't use google translate unless you have a basic idea of the target language

ladder

Country flag
That's Queen Elizabeth the second or, to you son, Her Majesty.

Whatever that is, I don't care.
Those who have 'her' as the head of the state might care, not me.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Quran clearly advocates murder and violence. It's the story of a unpopular lunatic, who went out into the desert and raised an army to start a guerrilla war against unbelievers.

That said, both the New Testament and the Talmud contain all sorts of endorsements for actions that would be illegal in Australia.
The issue must be taken in its correct perspective as applicable in contemporary times.

The Battle of Badr was a key battle in the early days of Islam and a turning point in Muhammad's struggle with his opponents among the Quraish in Mecca.

Terrorism and Guerilla wars are not the same. Terrorism has many definition and scenarios. Guerilla War, as per one definition, is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants such as armed townspeoples or irregulars use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military.

It is right that there are advocacy of wars in religious scriptures, but is redundant in the contemporary times and does not form a basis as an absolute right to wage war in any form.

The opposition to an anti terror law by any religious group or religion is thus fallacious since one has to see religious literature's applicability in contemporary times and not be frozen in a timewrap of medieval systems advocated by the scriptures.

To claim that antediluvian religious diktats, which are redundant in current times and shunned by the modern world order and society, are still valid, then is unfortunate, unacceptable and should be rejected outright.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I can act my age. But I take exception to being lied about. You're a lying fool and I don't suffer fools gladly.
Your avatar is "ne me Charlie"... Don't use google translate unless you have a basic idea of the target language
You seems to be very upset and baffled and replying on the same comment different times.It's apparent that you are losing your sleep over trivial matters and also fighting with other members. :lol:

I am not going to learn French and would use google. You do have issues in comprehending simple English so you better use google.

You are a OLD MAN but not a "mature guy" since you just start abusing at the moment you don't agree with someone.Instead of replying in a civil manner you can just abuse and that's how Aussies behave specially on the cricket pitch.

Seems like you got a weak digestion and farting in threads.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let's calm down and keep things civil.

- Ray

Redhawk

You seems to be very upset and baffled and replying on the same comment different times.It's apparent that you are losing your sleep over trivial matters and also fighting with other members. :lol:

I am not going to learn French and would use google. You do have issues in comprehending simple English so you better use google.

You are a OLD MAN but not a "mature guy" since you just start abusing at the moment you don't agree with someone.Instead of replying in a civil manner you can just abuse and that's how Aussies behave specially on the cricket pitch.

This is the juvenile mentality I'm dealing with. You've got the emotional age and maturity of a 5-year-old child. Not only are you a liar, now you've sunk to the level of potty humour! You are unbelievably childish! If you are a full-grown man, start acting like it.

I will add that being called immature by someone who uses potty humour (by putting up a large pictogram showing a figure in silhouette farting) in support of his argument is like being called ugly by a toad. It is rather inconsistent, to put it mildly. You're clearly a puerile idiot that hasn't grown out of the lavatory-humour stage of development.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Muslim Leaders in Australia Say Banning Terrorism Will Ban Islam
They have a point. It's just usually one that they aren't willing to admit in public. The Jihad comes from the Koran. Every act of Muslim violence that is religiously sanctioned, from terrorism to rape, is derived from the Koran. If you ban incitement to violence against non-Muslims, you criminalize the Koran.

A Muslim cleric who preaches from certain passages of the Koran could be caught in the "broad" net of the government's new anti-terror law, Islamic leaders have warned.

Grand Mufti of Australia Ibrahim Abu Mohammad and the Australian National Imams Council have called for the offence of "advocating terrorism" to be removed from the so-called Foreign Fighters Bill, currently before Parliament.

Islam and terrorism. The two are intertwined.

Quran (2:191-193) – "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing."

Quran (8:12) – "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (9:5) – "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them."

You can't ban terrorism without banning Islam.

In its submission, the Islamic Council of Victoria said the new law would incriminate Muslims who support "legitimate forms of armed struggle", including resistance to the Assad regime in Syria and the Palestinian conflict with Israel.

So the argument is that they want to promote "good terrorism" against Jews and they don't want to be sanctioned for it. Muslim settlers. Australia clearly needs more of them to create a tolerant society. A tolerant society which promotes the "legitimate" murder of Jews.

"Criminalising the act of 'advocating terrorism' adds another layer of complexity to this issue. The scope of what constitutes 'advocating terrorism' is unclear."

It's not that unclear, except to Muslims, who insist that killing terrorists is terrorism"¦ but terrorism is legitimate.

The council identified what it says is a double standard in Muslims wanting to go to Syria and Iraq to provide aid having their passports cancelled "while ignoring the travel of Zionist Jews wishing to travel to Israel – a state which illegally occupies Palestinian territory with intention of fighting in a war against Gazans and has been accused of war crimes".

But setting aside whatever views anyone may have on Israel, Aussies traveling to Israel to fight with the IDF are not going to go back to Sydney and kill people. The same can't be said for Muslim settlers in Australia traveling to join terrorist groups.

It's not a double standard. Australia is trying to prevent terror attacks on its own soil. Muslim leaders insist that banning terrorism will outlaw their legitimate right to kill Jews and promote the murder of non-Muslims for "legitimate" reasons.

Muslim Leaders in Australia Say Banning Terrorism Will Ban Islam | FrontPage Magazine

=======

I have come across muslims who hate jews, but havent even met a jew in their life or has not worked with them or interacted with them in their life. They have got this 'hate jew' thing etched into them, even without realizing facts. Such is the ignorance the fanatics pout to their followers.

apple

Whatever that is, I don't care.
Those who have 'her' as the head of the state might care, not me.
I doesn't bother me at all if you want to confuse the present Queen with a different Queen who died 400 years ago.

Dear me.

Are you two champions 12?

I should use Google Translate, Rock127, to "translate" English to English to help me comprehend what you're writing... what?

Must admit, I do need help comprehending how you Rock127, as well as Ladder, are so determined and forceful in you desire to display, and defend, your own ignorance.

Would actually like to take back that statement. The New Testament is an excellent basis to create a legal system on. Possibly, because it doesn't actually define laws. Have thought about it a bit, and can't think of anything in the New Testament that would be illegal in Australia.

Should have written that the Holy Bible describes stuff that would be illegal in Australia i.e. the Old Testament has some dodgy parts.

Redhawk

...Would actually like to take back that statement. The New Testament is an excellent basis to create a legal system on. Possibly, because it doesn't actually define laws. Have thought about it a bit, and can't think of anything in the New Testament that would be illegal in Australia.

Should have written that the Holy Bible describes stuff that would be illegal in Australia i.e. the Old Testament has some dodgy parts.
The New Testament is an enumeration of Christian injunctions from Jesus more than anything else. Jesus enjoins his followers to behave in a certain way. Much of the Old Testament where God tells the ancient Hebrews what to do is dodgy, as you say, and highly illegal in modern Australia: for example, slavery is out of the question.

dastan

The New Testament is an enumeration of Christian injunctions from Jesus more than anything else. Jesus enjoins his followers to behave in a certain way. Much of the Old Testament where God tells the ancient Hebrews what to do is dodgy, as you say, and highly illegal in modern Australia: for example, slavery is out of the question.
Well try arguing with a Muslim he'll tell you how Bible got corrupted over time and essence of original revelations of God got lost, the only un adultered version of teachings of a Prophet that exist in today's world is holy koran so all must convert rather than live in fallacies :D

Also they've tried this a few times, hope you've already seen :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Muhammad-unearthed-Turkey.html#ixzz2snYi7DX5

Redhawk

Well try arguing with a Muslim he'll tell you how Bible got corrupted over time and essence of original revelations of God got lost, the only un adultered version of teachings of a Prophet that exist in today's world is holy koran so all must convert rather than live in fallacies :D

Also they've tried this a few times, hope you've already seen :

Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Daily Mail Online
In one version of the gospel, he is said to have told a priest: 'How shall the Messiah be called? Muhammad is his blessed name'.

And in another Jesus denied being the Messiah, claiming that he or she would be Ishmaelite, the term used for an Arab.

Read more: Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
How damn convenient!

ladder

Country flag
I doesn't bother me at all if you want to confuse the present Queen with a different Queen who died 400 years ago. Must admit, I do need help comprehending how you Rock127, as well as Ladder, are so determined and forceful in you desire to display, and defend, your own ignorance.
Definitely, there is a scope for confusion only if the 'janitor' of the Queen who lived 400 years ago, to be alive till the day which was referenced by me and to do what he/she did as posted by me on the same very day.

Simply put if that person isn't a superhuman to have lived 300-400-500 years, there is no confusion at all to which Elizabeth, I was referring to.

But, then again the utter idiocy that you displayed here is also displayed by the other Australian guy, therefore it can't be individual trait but a mass character.

Probably celebrating Christmas in the summer has turned your world topsy-turvy. Understandable!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thread closed.

Time out for sanity to return.

Other posters also heed my caution on being Civil in your language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles