Australia, NZ News & Discussion

apple

Australia wants the Indian defence pie as well as Indian mining pie as well as smart city pie. On the other hand, they would not stop vilifying Adani Group, Coal India,, etc. in every Australian media outlet.

Hypocrites. Then again what do you expect from descendants of absolute scums of the Earth

Australia keen to investment in defence, mining sector in India - The Times of India
Not sure where you got the idea "Australia wants the Indian defence pie"... We don't really export arms. Are you talking about the help SAAB is giving you with your warships? Niche tends to be synonymous with cheap/ project involving little money.

Don't even know what the smart city pie is.

Not sure if you're just unused to Australian standards of journalism, but Adani Group and Coal India are not vilified in "every Australian media outlet". Have you read the few post preceeding yours which are about Adani? If you can't be bothered to read a thread you're commenting on you, you're perhaps best to ignore.

Well, actually anyone who poorly attempts to make a point, before shifting to vile abuse in two sentences is certainly best to ignore.

praneet.bajpaie

Not sure where you got the idea "Australia wants the Indian defence pie"... We don't really export arms. Are you talking about the help SAAB is giving you with your warships? Niche tends to be synonymous with cheap/ project involving little money.

Don't even know what the smart city pie is.

Not sure if you're just unused to Australian standards of journalism, but Adani Group and Coal India are not vilified in "every Australian media outlet". Have you read the few post preceeding yours which are about Adani? If you can't be bothered to read a thread you're commenting on you, you're perhaps best to ignore.

Well, actually anyone who poorly attempts to make a point, before shifting to vile abuse in two sentences is certainly best to ignore.
Well I know Australians are stupid, but I didn't know they were this stupid

Australia offers expertise in urban development

Australia offers its expertise for India's urban development - Economic Times

as if Australia has any sort of expertise in any field except maybe racism.

Second paragraph in the article

Australian High Commissioner Patrick Suckling, who met Urban Development and Housing Minister Venkaiah Naidu here today, said that his country has necessary expertise in urban design, construction of new smart cities, green and quality buildings, networked buildings, waste management and urban regeneration and would like to participate in India's urban development initiatives.

Here are Australian media reports on Coal India. Read the full article before commenting

Coal India, under a haze of scrutiny, eyes Australian miners | Crikey

Zebra

Country flag
Australia To Renew Ground-based Air Defense Capability

Jul. 27, 2014 - 04:12PM |
By NIGEL PITTAWAY

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA — Australia plans to include a replacement for its Saab RBS-70 very-short-range air defense missile system in its next Defence Capability Plan.

The Australian Army uses the RBS-70 system, along with the Lockheed Martin PSTAR-ER radar, to fulfill its ground-based air defense (GBAD) requirements, but an Australian Defence Force (ADF) spokesperson confirmed the combination was not considered adequate to defeat future threats.....

Australia To Renew Ground-based Air Defense Capability | Defense News | defensenews.com

apple

Zebra

Country flag
Realise this is a defence site and this article is, ostensibly, about submarines. But federal support from industry in less wealthy parts of Australia always makes the news and I guarantee this is the first of a thousand articles concerning the funding of this project. So, I'd consider this story mainly about domestic Australian politics and not really relevant here.

If the title of the Reuters article (which I didn't bother to read, sorry about that) is correct and Australia's next generation of submarines are built overseas, that would be news.
Extremely sorry for my late reply.

Whatever, still the news is about Australia and the thread is for ANZ affair so it remains relevant.

praneet.bajpaie

One story, from an independent media source, justifies your comment "they would not stop vilifying Adani Group, Coal India,, etc. in every Australian media outlet" ?

If you hate Australia so much, why does it matter to you what some Australian journalist writes?
It doesn't actually. For me the whole country can go to hell for all I care. It's just a little difficult to swallow Australian Journalism trying to vilify another country while you have nothing but absolute scum of Earth roaming around in your country trying to act all civilized, but we all know the truth don't we?

apple

Extremely sorry for my late reply.

Whatever, still the news is about Australia and the thread is for ANZ affair so it remains relevant.
Yes, it's a good story. I should have said there will be a 1,000 stories about this subject, soon. Submarines are expensive. The press loves talking about how much money has been spent.

It doesn't actually. For me the whole country can go to hell for all I care. It's just a little difficult to swallow Australian Journalism trying to vilify another country while you have nothing but absolute scum of Earth roaming around in your country trying to act all civilized, but we all know the truth don't we?
OK. So are a racist POS. Nice to know

HMS Astute

$8.5 billion construction of three air warfare destroyers.

[url=http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/axe-looms-over-85bn-ship-crisis/story-e6frg8yo-1227006466859?nk=d2e7fff19d6867e29e6473df504bf6c4]Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian[/URL]

THE Abbott government wants to sack its own naval shipbuilder and install British defence giant BAE Industries to rescue the -nation's largest defence project, the $8.5 billion construction of three air warfare destroyers.

The proposal would revolutionise Australia's defence industry and potentially halve the responsibilities of the current AWD shipbuilder — the government-owned ASC — by limiting it to maintaining the Collins-class submarines rather than building new warships.

It would entrench the British multinational as the pre-eminent naval shipbuilder in Australia and save more than 1000 jobs at BAE's Williamstown shipyard in Melbourne. The jobs will be lost next year unless the yard receives more work.

The proposal — which is still being negotiated with BAE — is seen by Canberra as the last chance for the nation's troubled $2 billion naval shipbuilding industry that employs 6000 people but has consistently struggled to deliver warships and submarines on time and on budget.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The good thing about Australia is Masterchef Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zebra

Country flag
Tony Abbott announces Australian terror threat raised from 'medium' to 'high'

September 12, 2014

TONY Abbott has announced the Australian terror threat has been raised from medium to high, meaning an attack is "likely" on home soil.

"Last night the director general of security, ASIO head David Irvine, raised the terror threat to high," the PM revealed at a press conference in Melbourne.

"Consequently the government today is raising the public alert level to high."

The PM stressed "this does not mean that a terror attack is imminent."

"We have no specific intelligence of a particular plot," he said.

"What we do have is that there are people with the intent and capability to mount attacks."

The announcement comes after ASIO's outgoing chief David Irvine this week revealed security authorities were "actively considering" raising Australia's terrorism threat level.

Zebra

Country flag
Is a strange coincidence this public alert happens after Abbott announces we'll be sending ~600 troops, including 8 Super Hornets and SAS to Iraq. Still, it might be legitimate and it's better to be safe than sorry.
Always better to be safe. There are reports about police warrants and arrest of few people.

apple

Always better to be safe. There are reports about police warrants and arrest of few people.
Australian terror raids: AFP, ASIO move on suspected terrorists

Would seem you were exactly correct.

Photo from hospital of some hero who, apparently, was planning to behead an Australian. Gets a little smack from a cop and receives medical treatment. The World is a funny place.

Edited to add:

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/lakemba-protest-by-muslims-who-believe-australian-terror-raids-were-unjust-policing/story-fnj3rq0y-1227062988666

Public demonstration in a, very awful, Sydney suburb protesting against the arrests

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles