Australia must boost military to deal with China rise

Shiny Capstar

Professional
F-35 is a great plane but no amount of weapons can reduce this insecurity, A vast continent with great resources, I seriously wonder at times how much USA could do if this kind of scenario happened so far China has been successful against USA in a couple of wars
Korea,Vietnam, and arming Insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan, espionage in Serbia and setting up proxy states to do their bidding, and protecting rogue nations like Iran in UNSC issues.
What kind of scenario? Invasion? Unthinkable, we (ABCA) would die to protect them. We risked nuclear holocaust for each other we would do so again.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
The ABCA alliance was created almost exclusively for Australia/New Zealand, this maybe a possible future flashpoint when Chinese expansion starts.
I doubt China would bother attacking Australia. Unless we see some massive changes in the world in the future.

Country flag
shiny I don't disagree but the ABCA alliance population is less than 1/3 Chinese population and it is a strech for 3 nations while the Chinese would be fighting in their own backyard.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
shiny I don't disagree but the ABCA alliance population is less than 1/3 Chinese population and it is a strech for 3 nations while the Chinese would be fighting in their own backyard.
Population doesn't come into it, unless it is a protracted war. Which would go nuclear before population comes into it.
Besides Australia isn't China's backyard, with mainland Australia friendly it would be more like our backyard.

Country flag
Chinese would probably keep it conventional but even in an conventional scenario it would
be a challenge, but also japan and US pacific fleet as well as other nations could possibly be involved, also a couple of OHIO subs would destroy the Chinese Eastern seaboard and their economy in a matter of a few days.

Country flag
Chances that would likely lead to the end of China?

I agree but I hope Obama dosen't keep the current soft stance thru his whole reign, and keep giving more and more concessions to the Chinese, this is a reality I fear the most with Obama he is not like Bush he takes an appeasement policy wherever he can.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
Chinese would probably keep it conventional but even in an conventional scenario it would
be a challenge, but also japan and US pacific fleet as well as other nations could possibly be involved, also a couple of OHIO subs would destroy the Chinese Eastern seaboard and their economy in a matter of a few days.
It would still go nuclear in all likelihood.
Although if it was conventional the Chinese invasion force and fleet would die (assets would be in place when it inevitably was spotted being formed), their economy would be killed. Any forces they could get past would be wiped out anyway. It would be bloody and not worth trying.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
I agree but I hope Obama dosen't keep the current soft stance thru his whole reign, and keep giving more and more concessions to the Chinese, this is a reality I fear the most with Obama he is not like Bush he takes an appeasement policy wherever he can.
In the 8 years Obama may be in power (at max) China will not have anything approaching the capability or the will. Unless there is a long sting of appeasers for a long time we are fine.

Country flag
It would still go nuclear in all likelihood.
Although if it was conventional the Chinese invasion force and fleet would die (assets would be in place when it inevitably was spotted being formed), their economy would be killed. Any forces they could get past would be wiped out anyway. It would be bloody and not worth trying.
If it is nuclear it would be a quicker end of China-OHIO subs-tridents, Peacekeepers and minutemen would rain down on them.

Country flag
I hope so they are already trying to make waves asking for new world currency and constantly reminding USA's position to them as a debtor nation.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles