Australia blocks Chinese-owned Huawei from bidding on national broadband plan

nimo_cn

Country flag
OK. Only once I wish to respond to your questions. Australia just wants to bar your Chinese company because they do not trust it. They are a sovereign nation so that are not answerable to anyone but themselves. So stop asking for proof. Just accept it as it is, on face value. Do not even try to manipulate the news to make China look good and Australia as a villain.The world is not controlled by CCP and we are citizens, not subjects.

Here endeth the sermon.
Thanks, I think we are getting to point.

Australia bans Huawei because it is a Chinese company, not because they find Huawei's equipments to be insecure and bugged as someone has suggested.

The same reason why India is banning Huawei and ZTE, because both are Chinese companies.

So next time when Chinese companies get banned, stop pulling the national security card, simply admit Chinese companies are discriminated.

I don't have educate you guys such move is against WTO rules, and China certainly can retaliate.

nimo_cn

Country flag
nimo_co:

You keep raising the same point in all the posts about "show me the proof or evidence". All you have to do is to go to the national authorities of countries like Australia, Canada(University of Toronto), USA investigative agencies and U.K. and hope you will get more productive with your time rather than repeating the same thing over and over again. I do not know if you get paid for doing what you are doing.
You keep saying Huawei's equipments to be inscure and unsafe, but providing no proof.

It is not my duty to prove such thing as Huawei's equipments being bugged, I didn' raise such concern, my duty is to qustion the legitimacy of that concern. People who claim Huawei's equipmments to be bugged are obligated to prove that claim.

niharjhatn

Australia bans Huawei because it is a Chinese company, not because they find Huawei's equipments to be insecure and bugged as someone has suggested.

The same reason why India is banning Huawei and ZTE, because both are Chinese companies.

So next time when Chinese companies get banned, stop pulling the national security card, simply admit Chinese companies are discriminated.
I think its more primarily because they want to award the contract to an Australian company. Initially the governmental department tried to set up the previously government owned (and still highly government affiliated) Telstra to set up the network – but Telstra is now screwed, maybe they are hoping another Aus company can fill the void?

Not going to be naive and say they are NOT being discriminated – but IMO this has less to do with it being a Chinese company per se but rather an external, international company. I daresay were other international companies, such as any from Korea, Taiwan, or even India had tried, they would have been rejected as well.

The continual scare of Chinese hackers are not helping either – not saying its true, I doubt we will ever find the truth behind such claims, but ultimately fear and perceptions matter more, no?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Nimo you are so ignorant. This is official state response from Australia.

The decision by Australia's attorney general, reported March 26, was based on concerns raised by the Australian Security Intelligence Organization over the number of cyberattacks coming out of China, and that the company's equipment would provide the Chinese government backdoors into the network. "The National Broadband Network is the largest nation-building project in Australian history," a spokesperson for Australian Attorney General Nicola Roxon said in a statement, "and it will become the backbone of Australia's information infrastructure. As such, and as a strategic and significant government investment, we have a responsibility to do our utmost to protect its integrity and that of the information carried on it.

And yes Huawei is discriminated because it is trying to serve CCP's political ambition.

nimo_cn

Country flag
YEs, and we should also ask Mossad to publish a paper on how they conduct their counterespionage activities and maybe the Secret Service can hold a few lectures on how they track terrorists and ... you get the jist
One can be termed as terrorist after you prove he is a terrorist. In order to convict him, you need to present the judges when, where, and how he conducted terrorism attacks.

That is what I am asking for, show us when, where, and how Huawei endangered Indian or Australian national security.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Nimo you are so ignorant. This is official state response from Australia.
Would you mind pointing out which sentence I should pay attention to?

And yes Huawei is discriminated because it is trying to serve CCP's political ambition.
How? By selling telecom equipments?

Then what is the agenda of Indian companies when you are coming to China to do business? Serving the hegemony ambition of India?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Interesting to know Huawei is still growing despite such constant discriminations. Good to go, Huawei.

Report: Huawei Enjoys "Exceptional" Growth
Telecom firm Huawei may be subject to concerns over national security in Australia and investigation in the US, but that hasn't stopped the Chinese firm continuing its impressive growth across the world.

Huawei's infrastructure business, which sees it supply equipment to allow mobile operators, fixed-line ISPs and others to provide services, enjoyed an "an exceptionally good fourth quarter", according to a new ABI Research report.

Such is its progress that Huawei is now ranked second in the industry, according to ABI, having overtaken Nokia Siemens Networks to take the spot. With a 20.9 percent market share, it remains behind long-term industry leader Ericsson, however, which holds 26.1 percent.

The Chinese firm posted preliminary quarterly results of US$2.53 billion for its wireless network business, that's an impressive increase of 54 percent quarter-on-quarter, and 38 percent year-on-year.

Huawei's development is all the more noteworthy when considering that operator investment in networks has slow down, as ABI's Jim Eller explains is caused by global economic conditions:
When combined with fellow Chinese firm ZTE — which has withdrawn its controversial business in Iran — Huawei's market share tops Ericsson business, which is an interesting fact to consider given the increased caution being shown towards both companies.

In Australia, where Huawei was barred from competing for a national broadband tender over security issues, the business has gone elsewhere and if other governments and firms follow suit, that could present opportunities to rivals.

The company is accustomed to pressure long before the issues in Australia, and it is under investigation in the US and has been accused of collaborating with authorities in Iran, something it denies.

While Huawei won't lose its entire business it will certainly be interesting to see how it develops given the new focus and attention it has gained. One new set of projects that is likely to provide it with growth will be India's upcoming 4G networks which, thus far, has not drawn the attention of the government.

Huawei is best know to consumers for its phones, which now include Ascend D Quad which the firm claims is the world's fastest smartphone.

niharjhatn

Then what is the agenda of Indian companies when you are coming to China to do business? Serving the hegemony ambition of India?
AsianObserve has a grain of truth in his claims – for an outsider with imperfect knowledge, it is impossible to say where the CCP ends and Huawei begins.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Would you mind pointing out which sentence I should pay attention to?
You didn't read the earlier post?

The decision by Australia's attorney general, reported March 26, was based on concerns raised by the Australian Security Intelligence Organization over the number of cyberattacks coming out of China, and that the company's equipment would provide the Chinese government backdoors into the network.
How? By selling telecom equipments?
Yes according to the Australians.

Why China is not banning them? Hell why no country is banning Indian equipment on security reasons??

nimo_cn

Country flag
AsianObserve has a grain of truth in his claims – for an outsider with imperfect knowledge, it is impossible to say where the CCP ends and Huawei begins.
Proof, please!

If you are not sure about it, i suggest you refrain from talking about it.

Going by your logic, China should consider deporting all Indians because some of them MAY be carrying the super virus NDM-1. That could endanger the health of Chinese people.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Going by Indian people logical, China should considering deporting all Indians because some of them MAY be carrying the super virus NDM-1. That could endanger the health of Chinese people.
If wishes were horses!

nimo_cn

Country flag
You didn't read the earlier post?
I have, nothing concrete and tangible

Yes according to the Australians.
Then you are parroting.

Why China is not banning them? Hell why no country is banning Indian equipment on security reasons??
First, there are many Indian equipments in China.

Second, China plays fair game, unlike India. If China can't prove Indian euipements to be unsafe, we won't ban them.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I have, nothing concrete and tangible
You are not important enough to be convinced. Australian authorities banned Huawei on official report of security threats submitted by Australian Intelligence agency. Suck on it!

Then you are parroting.

And you are not!

First, there are many Indian equipments in China.

Second, China plays fair game, unlike India. If China can't prove Indian euipements to be unsafe, we won't ban them.
Yes you can't ban them because you are not able to prove that they are unsafe. You are contradicting yourself.

niharjhatn

Proof, please!

If you are not sure about it, i suggest you refrain from talking about it.

Going by your logic, China should consider deporting all Indians because some of them MAY be carrying the super virus NDM-1. That could endanger the health of Chinese people.
It was actually first found in a Swedish citizen in New Delhi... perhaps the Swedes should be deported as well? :D
Going by your suggestion, sick Chinese should also be deported! :D

Absence of proof is exactly that, absence of information – this isn't a Sherlock Holmes murder mystery! No meaningful conclusions can be drawn. That is what I am highlighting. You can hardly blame the Aus or any other govt for that matter reacting in such a manner when they are acting with incomplete information. You aren't talking about a tender for new shoes after all.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What absence of proof?? :herp:

You have been informed with official state response of Australian order :bplease:

Huawei can challenge the decision in court of law, if at all chinese are familiar with fair trial procedures in democratic world.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

And why is your country being discriminated again? Because your govt cant be trusted. Thats the point. You guys have earned yourself a lot of "FRIENDS" in this world thanks to your policies. Thats not the Rest of the World's fault

I don't have educate you guys such move is against WTO rules, and China certainly can retaliate.
And what is preventing your country from doing it?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles