Indian nuclear submarines

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
do you realise that you used trustworthy and IDRW in the same sentence:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
Well, INS Arihant has completed all tests much before and ready to be operational. Only hurdle could stop us was lack torpedoes (but we have got indigenous heavyweight torpedo now).
Before, posting this article, I have many times been claiming that INS Arihant may unofficially be in service.
:)
What do you think? @AnantS

G10

Country flag
I Doubt it. There may be something wrong with the sub and people are hiding it. That may be a reason.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I Doubt it. There may be something wrong with the sub and people are hiding it. That may be a reason.
In India, no news is good news, as bad news travel very fast. Plus ATV is worse kept secret. Officially it does not exist, including its budget, which is hidden even from Parliament. Only last few years GOI has accepted its existence.

tejas warrior

Country flag
In India, no news is good news, as bad news travel very fast. Plus ATV is worse kept secret. Officially it does not exist, including its budget, which is hidden even from Parliament. Only last few years GOI has accepted its existence.
Additionally, they kept hiding submarine launched missiles quite successfully.

Good job done.

AnantS

Country flag
Well, INS Arihant has completed all tests much before and ready to be operational. Only hurdle could stop us was lack torpedoes (but we have got indigenous heavyweight torpedo now).
Before, posting this article, I have many times been claiming that INS Arihant may unofficially be in service.
:)
What do you think? @AnantS
No news is good news. I don't think they are going to tell us when and where it is going to inducted. I think tests will go on even after induction. with just one sub, they are not going to send it into china sea as of yet.

Shat shat Nanam

It's quite remarkable and kudos to GOI that till date we do not have any proper HD picture and video of Arihant. If they can keep the pictures secret then i would say they would keep many other projects in secret from us. Is anyone aware if the DRDO produces AIP system is successfully working on Arihant?

piKacHHu

Country flag
It's quite remarkable and kudos to GOI that till date we do not have any proper HD picture and video of Arihant. If they can keep the pictures secret then i would say they would keep many other projects in secret from us. Is anyone aware if the DRDO produces AIP system is successfully working on Arihant?
AIP will not be used in Arihant as it is nuclear powered submarine or SSN. AIP is used in Diesel-Electric submarines or SSKs like Scorpene class. However, DRDO is working on its own AIP which is expected to equip last two Scorpene submarines of Project-75.
Usually, SSBNs are kept under warp of secrecy as they carry nuclear weapons and also they are the most credible weapon delivery platform in the nuclear triad (Land,Air and Sea). Any specific information leaked in public domain could jeopardised the credibility of second strike capability; hence the Secrecy !!

Shat shat Nanam

AIP will not be used in Arihant as it is nuclear powered submarine or SSN. AIP is used in Diesel-Electric submarines or SSKs like Scorpene class. However, DRDO is working on its own AIP which is expected to equip last two Scorpene submarines of Project-75.
Usually, SSBNs are kept under warp of secrecy as they carry nuclear weapons and also they are the most credible weapon delivery platform in the nuclear triad (Land,Air and Sea). Any specific information leaked in public domain could jeopardised the credibility of second strike capability; hence the Secrecy !!
Thanks for the information. I wish MOD/GOI will always be successful in keeping secrecy of defence projects.

Prashant12

Country flag
India completes Nuclear triad. #NuclearArihant quietly commissioned into Indian Navy.

BIG. India's 1st nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine INS Arihant quietly commissioned into service, reports

INS Arihant, India's 1st SSBN, reportedly commissioned into service in August this year. (That nobody knew so far bodes well.)

Last edited:

Akshay_Fenix

Only newsx is posting this news. why? Fishy.....

Edited: Nothing fishy, INS Arihant got commissioned in August 2016. Government kept it a secret. NewsX found out now.

Nuclear triad complete. Congratulations.
:india: :balleballe: भारत माता की जय

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Congrats to all. They should have informed the public and mango citizen like me. Any way good news. Heard that they tested k series for some 10-12 times from sub and in all INS Arihant turn out to be better then what navy expected. Full marks to drdo, BARC, AEC, IN and all including L&T.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Fearing that now Evidence brigade will ask for evidence of the commissioning and also of the capabilities of silent killer Arihant.:scared2::confused1::mad2::blah::mad2:
Evidence? ?:bounce:

:gangnam:....................
Just wait and watch; Kejriwal will also ask for publishing the RCS of submarine as proof and Twitter will again be full of hashtags like #ChinastandswithKejriwal replacing #PakStandswithKejriwal over surgical strike issue.

Baki Kejri bhi bechara aaj kal pareshan hai.
Kehta hai ki, bachhe saboot mang rahe hain,
"Papa Ji, video dikhao na ki hum aap hi ke hain!"

:bounce::bounce:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Just wait and watch; Kejriwal will also ask for publishing the RCS of submarine as proof and Twitter will again be full of hashtags like #ChinastandswithKejriwal replacing #PakStandswithKejriwal over surgical strike issue.

Baki Kejri bhi bechara aaj kal pareshan hai.
Kehta hai ki, bachhe saboot mang rahe hain,
"Papa Ji, video dikhao na ki hum aap hi ke hain!"

:bounce::bounce:
No proof beta
You are ramu kaka's son......................
And that does not require proof
Teri harkatein Kisi naukar se kam nahi hain.

Bahamut

Good news , hope govt. focus more on nuclear sub.................................................................

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles