Indian nuclear submarines

p2prada

Exactly my thoughts. Three in one looks like three mini tubes in one.
I'm not sure about it.
That diagram is hand drawn by me. MS Paint.:D

It's not an official diagram.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
so when can we see the first pic of ATV ??? what is the exact date, final question who will break the coconut on ATV ??? Mrs MMS or President of India ???

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
so when can we see the first pic of ATV ??? what is the exact date, final question who will break the coconut on ATV ??? Mrs MMS or President of India ???
sayar I am afraid that as per reports the final date is yet to be fixed, but it should be either 26th July -Vijay diwas or 15 Aug- Independence day, though I would prefer 26th July, reason simple, I just can't wait.

bhramos

Country flag
this naval news or more concerned about the ships & Submaries mainly ATV not its missile may be?
i have a taught according to IN between the each ATV their is 2 yrs gap so why cant we produce each ATV better then the before as technology imporves in 2 yrs. may be in Electronics or the Tech?
i need the answer guys.
weather Tech International or Ingenious we can it from weather from Russia are Israel.
like Russia is the first Country to test a Jet propelled engine on its Kilo class submarine.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That diagram is hand drawn by me. MS Paint.:D

It's not an official diagram.
Understand mate that it's paint job, but then it's also the only way to have three missiles in one tube.

venom

DFI Technocrat
Hey Guys i think it should be the chief of navy who should break the coconut...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
this naval news or more concerned about the ships & Submaries mainly ATV not its missile may be?
the missiles on the atv and how it will be configured is an important point. The ATV without it's missiles is useless.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
There is a possibility that the Sagarika may have individual canisters.

Note the launch containers in the red circle.
A SLBM should be qualify for at least two requirement, one It should be water tight seal at the weapon bay lid so that water cannot entered into the compartment, second after the weapon bay lid is open their should be enough water tightness between the missile and the tube to form a gas escape for the missile from to submarine until it reaches the free air where its rocket boosters can be ignited. But if you make an arrangement for 3 missiles in one single lid, water can enter into the compartment and the missile may loose its water tight properties between the missile and the tube in the long run, if this problem can be solved then their shouldn't be a problem in its integration.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i am guessing it will be divided or some will be holding AGNI and some K-15??
if i assum that one or two of the K-15 are for test purpose and two of the A3 SL are real deal with nukes, then rest can be K-15 with nukes, which means
(2 test + 4 nuke) K-15 and 2 A3 SL.

that is the best combination. (ofcouse we can change that any time)

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I have a feeling that K-15 will be used as test-bed i.e. to test all the relivant possibilities that could happen for Agni-3 SL. K-15 smaller, simple and lighter than Agni will be cheap and easy to test. Always learn to walk before you run.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Looking at the current status I believe it would take 3-5 more years to make ATV a world class ship.
Then give navy 5 more years to assimilate ATV. This make 10 years for the ATV to make ATV a nuclear deterrent weapon.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Looking at the current status I believe it would take 3-5 more years to make ATV a world class ship.
Then give navy 5 more years to assimilate ATV. This make 10 years for the ATV to make ATV a nuclear deterrent weapon.
1.5 years for sea trials (max) if things go as planned, plus 1.5 years for weapons test (since all the weapons are already been tested on submerged platforms).

add 1 more year (given the fact we have been delay masters)

all add up to 4 years. to have our nuclear weapon deterrent under sea platform fully operational.

Ofcource that will be ATV-II and not ATV-I which is (tech demo)

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I have a feeling that K-15 will be used as test-bed i.e. to test all the relivant possibilities that could happen for Agni-3 SL. K-15 smaller, simple and lighter than Agni will be cheap and easy to test. Always learn to walk before you run.
same feeling here as risking a nuke sub close to enemy shore won't be a good idea than attacking an enemy with a longer range BM, it would be always be costly option to risk an sub. so 750 km should be a test bench for a longer range BMs such as Agni III derivatives.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
1.5 years for sea trials (max) if things go as planned, plus 1.5 years for weapons test (since all the weapons are already been tested on submerged platforms).

add 1 more year (given the fact we have been delay masters)

all add up to 4 years. to have our nuclear weapon deterrent under sea platform fully operational.

Ofcource that will be ATV-II and not ATV-I which is (tech demo)
This is a time required to get the weapon operational. We both agree on it so lets not debate on the issue. However ever weapon be it a combat knife or orbital weapons need time to be assimilated. Strategies are to be decided, protocols are to be formed, tatics are to developed. Training not only to the crew but also to the naval commanders and also possible people who may interact with the sub must be given.
Even the builders need to gain experence.
It is a very long procedure and takes time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles