Attention all Indian atheists!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Thank you. It seems that Brazil has the second largest number of online atheists, behind the U.S.
US atheists are militant and have dedicated themselves to the distortion of the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Voted. The page needs to be shared on FB though to truly spread the word among people.

venkat

OT!!! if something good happens to you ,you become agnostic and if some thing goes awry you become an atheist!!! we Indians are caught in this cat on the wall dilemma!!!:frusty:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
OT!!! if something good happens to you ,you become agnostic and if some thing goes awry you become an atheist!!! we Indians are caught in this cat on the wall dilemma!!!:frusty:
Why would one become an agnostic if something good happens, and an atheist if something bad happens?

Atheism in an individual should be the result of rationalism, and not of sentimentalism.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Give me one good reason to vote.
If you are an atheist or other non-religious person, you should vote to give a better idea of the demographics of Indian atheists. Such as their religious background (if any), age, education level, etc.

If you are not an atheist or non-religious person, I don't know what you are doing on this thread? :confused:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
If you are an atheist or other non-religious person, you should vote to give a better idea of the demographics of Indian atheists. Such as their religious background (if any), age, education level, etc.

If you are not an atheist or non-religious person, I don't know what you are doing on this thread? :confused:
One, this would be a skewed measure. Didn't the Indian census cover religion this time?

Two, what can be achieved with this skewed number?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
One, this would be a skewed measure. Didn't the Indian census cover religion this time?

Two, what can be achieved with this skewed number?
I don't think the Indian census even includes atheism/non-religion as an option. At least, you cannot check "atheist/non-religious" as your religious affiliation on official documents, AFAIK.

True, this would be a skewed number, but it is better than nothing and the process of voting only takes a minute.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Iranians are more civilized than people in other Middle East countries. West is facing more problems from Sunni extremist than from Shia extremist. Sanctions against Iran is helping Sunni extremists get more funds from Saudi Arabia.
If Iran was non Islamic, the fate of all of us would have different.

Rage

DFI TEAM
I don't think the Indian census even includes atheism/non-religion as an option. At least, you cannot check "atheist/non-religious" as your religious affiliation on official documents, AFAIK.

True, this would be a skewed number, but it is better than nothing and the process of voting only takes a minute.
Well, that's the first thing Indian atheists should be lobbying for: an official recognition of atheism as a belief system in the census and thereon, in all government documentation.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Last edited by a moderator:

jalsa

Even though I am a Hindu, I very rarely go to Temples, Last year I have been to temple only twice and that too when someone forced me to go, am I qualified as an atheist?

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
Even though I am a Hindu, I very rarely go to Temples, Last year I have been to temple only twice and that too when someone forced me to go, am I qualified as an atheist?
No,
I hardly go to the temple myself.I remember the last time i had to stand in a puja for a long time was 3 years back.In those times i have only gone to the temple to just give a company to someone else.
But well hinduism doesn't says that to become a hindu you have to go to temple or do a puja. Since it's a more individualistic religion then others.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No.

I went to more Hindu mandirs than Sikh Gurudwaras, does that make me a Hindu ?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
You are a Agnostic, in other words a fence sitter who is waiting for science to tell him if there is a god or not. You are not completely dead sure there is no god if that is the case then your called an Agnostic and you to can vote there.

You may change your mind to either side in the future so i dont think Agnostics should be counted.

jalsa

No,
I hardly go to the temple myself.I remember the last time i had to stand in a puja for a long time was 3 years back.In those times i have only gone to the temple to just give a company to someone else.
But well hinduism doesn't says that to become a hindu you have to go to temple or do a puja. Since it's a more individualistic religion then others.
True, its very easy for a Hindu to be atheist, there won't be much discrimination as none would suspect you are an atheist.

This weekend I'm going to Tirumala..:cool2: I really like the laddoo

jalsa

You are a Agnostic, in other words a fence sitter who is waiting for science to tell him if there is a god or not. You are not completely dead sure there is no god if that is the case then your called an Agnostic and you to can vote there.

You may change your mind to either side in the future so i dont think Agnostics should be counted.
Well.. I'm an agnostic or sort of.

It's impossible to prove existence of God with science, they say "Absolute Truth" is beyond senses,mind or Heart.

jalsa

No.

I went to more Hindu mandirs than Sikh Gurudwaras, does that make me a Hindu ?
Paaji,

I used to go to Masjid regularly in my childhood with friends, but that too won't make me a Muslim.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles