Atomic Warfare in Ancient India

lemontree

Professional
Very interesting thread. There is nothing to feel embarrassed, we always say that the WW4 will be faught with bows and arrows.
If one finds the claims of radio-active skeletons too fantastic, then what explains the fact that in 1895 a sanskrit scholar Shivkar Talpade, made a unmanned "viman" based on vedic designs and it flew over the chowpaty for a while before falling - possibly we were advanced.

mahesh

Country flag
Very interesting thread. There is nothing to feel embarrassed, we always say that the WW4 will be faught with bows and arrows.
If one finds the claims of radio-active skeletons too fantastic, then what explains the fact that in 1895 a sanskrit scholar Shivkar Talpade, made a unmanned "viman" based on vedic designs and it flew over the chowpaty for a while before falling - possibly we were advanced.
Talpade constructed his models under the guidance of Pandit Subbaraya Shastry, the author of Vaimanika Shastra.
The Vaimānika Shāstra वैमानिक शास्त्र is an early 20th century Sanskrit text on aeronautics.
Subbaraya Shastry was a mystic from Anekal, who was reputed to speak out verses (slokas) whenever he got inspiration, described by Josyer as "a walking lexicon gifted with occult perception". According to Josyer, he dictated the text to G. Venkatachala Sharma in the early 1900s (completing it in 1923).
the airplane was "based on Vedic technology" and that Talpade "was attracted by the Vaimanika Sastra (Aeronautical Science) elaborated by the great Indian sage Maharishi Bhardwaja".
The Maharishi Bhardwaja's vimanika shastra is unquestionably taken entirely from earlier texts, is a collection of different chapters, the author bhardwaja himself says it frequently and that ancient text probably referred still more earlier texts.
Ancient vimanika shastra refers no less then 30 authors of various technical sciences. dating from 9th century BCE to 4th century BCE.

Nagraj

i am just too lazy to drawn in to an arguments when fantasy is equated with facts.
i have always wondered and may be you should too how did the people who have such fantastic technologies lose to armies coming from middle east?/
one reason you will find that it was because of insistence by so called guardians of religion / people to create armies on the basis of knowledge contained within vedas which by the way had become outdated by that time dude to superior tactics and innovation of the rampaging middle eastern forces.

either ponder on the facts or may be you can pass me what you are smoking.

Talpade constructed his models under the guidance of Pandit Subbaraya Shastry, the author of Vaimanika Shastra.
The Vaimānika Shāstra वैमानिक शास्त्र is an early 20th century Sanskrit text on aeronautics.
Subbaraya Shastry was a mystic from Anekal, who was reputed to speak out verses (slokas) whenever he got inspiration, described by Josyer as "a walking lexicon gifted with occult perception". According to Josyer, he dictated the text to G. Venkatachala Sharma in the early 1900s (completing it in 1923).
the airplane was "based on Vedic technology" and that Talpade "was attracted by the Vaimanika Sastra (Aeronautical Science) elaborated by the great Indian sage Maharishi Bhardwaja".
The Maharishi Bhardwaja's vimanika shastra is unquestionably taken entirely from earlier texts, is a collection of different chapters, the author bhardwaja himself says it frequently and that ancient text probably referred still more earlier texts.
Ancient vimanika shastra refers no less then 30 authors of various technical sciences. dating from 9th century BCE to 4th century BCE.

Last edited:

Tamil Arasan

Atomic Warfare in the Mahabharata - Eye-opening short film !!

A Nuclear Bomb In The Ancient Hindu Text, The Mahabharata? - when questioned to Robert Oppenheimer (Father of Nuclear Science) he said it may have happened. He was very familiar with the ancient Hindu texts. When asked if his was the first ever detonation of of a nuclear bomb, he said. 'Yes, in modern times'.

Below are the quotes from Mahabharata & Ramayana which explains in detail about the after effect of Nuclear explosion!!!

This is from the Mahabharata.

"Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana [fast aircraft],
hurled a single projectile [rocket]
charged with the power of the Universe [nuclear device].

An incandescent column of smoke and flame,
as bright as ten thousand suns,
rose with all its splendour.

It was an unknown weapon,
an iron thunderbolt,
a gigantic messenger of death,
which reduced to ashes
the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned
as to be unrecognizable.

Hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

"¦After a few hours
all foodstuffs were infected"¦
"¦to escape from this fire
the soldiers threw themselves in streams
to wash themselves and their equipment."

A second passage.

"Dense arrows of flame,
like a great shower,
issued forth upon creation,
encompassing the enemy.
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow
Clouds roared upward,
showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly"¦
the very elements seemed disturbed.
The sun seemed to waver in the heavens
The earth shook,
scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.

Elephants burst into flame
and ran to and fro in a frenzy"¦
over a vast area,
other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass
the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely." — The Mahabharata

From the Ramayana

"(It was a weapon) so powerful
that it could destroy the earth in an instant–
A great soaring sound in smoke and flames–
And on it sits death"¦" . — The Ramayana

For something written before the first nuke was detonated, it does a stand up job of describing deaths from radiation poisoning, and the blast itself.

Other reading seems to place the site as being in Rajasthan, West of Jodhpur, where there is a very radioactive piece of land. There's a high rate of birth defects in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We have a thread here already on this and it's a pretty long one I think.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its was Brahmastra considered most lethal weaponry, time again and again its name came into the light..

We know too less about that time, there are very few research on these subjects, there is no will & fund to go ahead as it remain myth, Anyways..

I admire Chinese in this regard, they worked hard and still to recover there technology lost in past..

mahesh

Country flag
i am just too lazy to drawn in to an arguments when fantasy is equated with facts.
i have always wondered and may be you should too how did the people who have such fantastic technologies lose to armies coming from middle east?/
one reason you will find that it was because of insistence by so called guardians of religion / people to create armies on the basis of knowledge contained within vedas which by the way had become outdated by that time dude to superior tactics and innovation of the rampaging middle eastern forces.

either ponder on the facts or may be you can pass me what you are smoking.
sorry for the late commenting or reaction, but just wanted to share this, Vedic technology was almost based on verses, which mean theoretically or scientifically they were based on SOUND, or the power hidden in sound waves. as some wavelength of sound can break a glass.
i don't really believe that vedic technology became outdated rather, if was lost in time.

at that time, vedic powers and secrets was passes from one generation to another only my mouth, i mean the technics were not written down fearing, it would lead to the wrong hands. the power was so dense, which can be compared to the present world situation of NUKE technology falling to the smugglers or terrorists hands. so it was thought through narrating a particular strong power to only a particular person or a pack of persons, it was also made sure that no one could hear it and get that knowledge. and there is a typical example of Ekalavya explain this particular method was followed.

on that time vedic knowledge was thought by the GURU directly to the followers or the students. and there is lot of examples in Mahabharata, of rejecting to teach or to guide other classes of the same religion, which mean it was particularly thought to Kshatriya lineage or to a higher ranks of groups in the society or the upper caste. this method technology or technics or the secrets of verses or waves was lot when the secret knowledge possessing generation didn't pass it to the next, dew to death and other reasons.
may be like only the low technology or methods which was commonly Known to lower levels of the society was existing for next few centuries or millenniums, in which only very few was able to make it to the books (not the paper books).

so this mean the very common knowledge of that time is compared by you to portrait it as outdated technology with the western mechanical technology.

i would like to ask you is there any translating work for sanskrit karma or english bus, because of not being familiar with it.
so I would proudly say to you that the so called present day mechanical world which is fully running on mechanical technology was also A left hand trick for that day peoples of mahabharat or earlier, which they called mechanical technology as Yantric shasthra and the machine as Yantra, and a flying plane as vimana and aeronautic technology as vimanika shasthra. so this proves thought they had These technologies in that times also.

At the times of Dronacharya teaching he wanted to test the princes' alertness and abilities, he decided to put young pandavas, kauravas and others , drona at the time of offering prayer in the river, he creating an illusion of a crocodile attacking himself and dragging him away, all princes ran seeing dronacharya in blood. but only the Arjuna took his bow and arrow, shot 3 arrows into crocodile and it stopped there, Arjuna rushed to dronacharya asking how bad is it hurt. dronacharya smiles and tells him , it was a illusion and crocodile was just a YANTRA (machine). you can find a lot of examples like this in mahabharata.

This present world just have to R&D on the same old fields some times by luck you may get a break through to master and find back secrets of the different fields and improvise on them.
NASA HAVE DONE IT ON ION ENGINE, DEPICTING Vedic Ion Engine.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
This thread is a disgrace to Indian history and Indian civilization.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I don't think its a disgrace, It just not as per today's ideology abt science..

If its not match from other ( Western ) views on the subject doesn't have to mean its a disgrace to Indian civilization..

Besides we Indians haven't even scratched the surface of Indian civilization, All of our knowledge comes from text and temples, very little field work..

Highly disagree..

Kshatriya87

Country flag

Guys check this out we all know Oppenheimer reading quotes of Bhagavad Gita when seeing the first nuclear explosion but as per this video the Brahmastra is according their so called conspiracy theory an early version of nuclear weapons.
So what's your take on this?
I don't see why it's so freaking hard to believe this. And I am an Atheist by the way. Following are the reasons which make enough sense to give this theory a thought;

1. Our ancient civilization was thousands of years old. Given the fact that our known and recorded history is merely 1000 to 2000 years old, the current civilization of man has just now reached the development of nuclear bombs. Why couldn't our older civilization who had been existing for 5000 to 10000 years have built a nuke ?? So hard to believe? I don't think so.

2. In none of the other civilizations, except some texts of Egyptians does anywhere the word or synonym of an "airplane" or "spacecraft" appears. Only and ONLY in Hindu or Indian scriptures if you may, does it clearly mentions the word "Vimaan". If the ancient people were so illiterate and uncivilized, how would they even invent a word that clearly points towards flying aircrafts?

3. How in the world would the ancient writers so clearly and in detail describe the events wherein an aircraft approaches and shoots a projectile (which in today's words is called a missile, but in those times Sanskrit word for this meant a projectile) and destroys a given area.

I could go on, but just keep an open mind and think about these points.

kod

Ancient Aliens debunked watch from 2.10 about mahabhaaratha and vimaana

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles