'The Real Axis of Evil'

Adux

Country flag
Which is why I said, are we going to get a leader who will face up and say enough is enough. If India and Pakistan nuke each other who do you think is gonna be laughing? The Americans and the Chinese.

While on one hand the Chinese are arming Pakistan to the tooth, on the other hand the Americans are provoking Pakistan and pushing them closer to conflict. Pakistan does not have the reach or means to fight the Americans. Where do you think their missiles are headed?
There is only few things we can do in this juncture, arm Vietnam and Afghanistan to teeth. Remember on thing, if faced by a complete destruction of Pakistan as a state, expect nukes to fly towards India even if we had nothing to do with it. So Defense or offence, it is all about the greatest BMD ever created. And start loving the Tibetians, Balochi's, Mohajir's etc etc.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The U.S. will never strategically cooperate with India against Pakistan : B Raman

Interview of B Raman by a Pakistani weekly

What has India's role been in the U.S.-led war on terror?

India's primary role is exchange of intelligence, knowledge, experience and capabilities, and mutual assistance in legal matters with interested countries, including the U.S.

How do you see anti-terror cooperation between Pakistan and India?

I don't see there being much scope for intelligence exchange or mutual legal assistance between India and Pakistan since the bulk of New Delhi's jihadist threat originates from Pakistan-based organizations that are allegedly under the control of the ISI. Terrorism has historically been one of the weapons in Pakistan's anti-India arsenal, and it is not in their interest to blunt that weapon. This does not mean there should be no institutional interface between the ISI and RAW; in fact it is essential to reduce the high level of distrust between the two agencies.

What long-term role do you see for India in Afghanistan?

India can help prevent the Taliban from regaining a foothold in Afghan society by helping economic development and the spread of modern education. We can also assist Afghanistan in strengthening the capabilities of its armed forces.

Is the Haqqani network still based in Pakistan?

My assessment is that the Haqqani network no longer operates from North Waziristan. It now operates from Pakistan's Kurram Agency. The cadres and the training camps are in Kurram, but the leaders, who are high-value targets for U.S. drone attacks, are spread out across the country to avoid airborne attacks. The cadres carry out hit-and-withdraw raids into Afghanistan.

Does India benefit from souring Pakistan-U.S. relations?

The U.S. will never strategically cooperate with India against Pakistan. While the CIA and the Pentagon are not averse to ideas of limited Indo-U.S. cooperation in dealing with threats originating from Pakistan, the State Department has always been cautious in endorsing such ideas. I saw this when I was in service and I continue to see this in my retirement. The only role India can play is to keep nudging the U.S. to act more strongly against Pakistan without unrealistic hopes that the U.S. will, in fact, do so. When the U.S. talks of strategic cooperation with India, it has China in mind, not Pakistan.

Does India still consider Pakistan its greatest threat?

India is fully capable of dealing with Pakistan and has no concerns. What we are worried about is the increasing strategic threat from the developing Sino-Pakistani axis. Washington does not seem to view this alliance with the same concern as India. This developing axis is the real axis of evil.

Will there ever be peace between Pakistan and India?

It is very unlikely that Pakistan and India will enjoy good, neighborly relations in the short- and medium-term. The Pakistan Army still considers India a major enemy and such complexes will always come in the way. This doesn't mean the two countries should not try for a more benign, friendlier approach to each other. There is a need for a common vision. The leaders of both countries need to meet more frequently to get to know each other, and like each other, and work painstakingly without undue expectations toward a common goal of peace.

After Al Qaeda, which terrorist group is the biggest threat to stability in South Asia?

Lashkar-e-Taiba, the Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Harkat-ul-Mujahideen and the two Taliban factions, in that order, are probably the biggest threats to the region. I do not consider the Haqqani network as a separate terrorist organization, as it is a wing of the Afghan Taliban with some autonomous operations.

Bahukutumbi Raman | 'The Real Axis of Evil'

Adux

Country flag
Why is India looking for US support in handling Pakistan?
Why isnt India asking for Russian Support for handling China?

Indians, Look at Camera 3. Stop Whining, Buck up and lets fight our own battles.
We can handle Pakistan, what we cant handle with impunity and total authority is China. US will support us limitedly in that area. That is enough.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles