At least 15 Kerala youth go missing; families suspect ISIS links

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by fooLIam, Jul 10, 2016.

1. fooLIam

fooLIam Regular Member

At least 15 youth from Kerala's Kasaragod and Palakkad districts who had travelled to the Middle East have gonemissing for the last one month and their families suspect they may have joined the Islamic State.

Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has directed the police to launch a probe into the matter urgently, Kasaragod MP P Karunakaran said.

The families of the youth, including a couple, have not heard from them for the past one month and fear that they have been radicalised after having gone to the Middle East for religious studies.

Kasaragod District Panchayat member V P P Mustafa said that during Eid, the parents of two missing youth received 'Whatsapp' messages saying "we are not coming back. Here there is Divine Rule. You aso should join us".

"We have joined IS to fight US for attacking Muslims", read another message, he said adding the veracity of the messages has to be checked.

On being approached by the families, Karunakaran, Thrikarippur MLA M Rajagopalan and Mustafa informed the Chief Minister about the matter.

Rajagopal said that all those missing were below the age of 30 and highly qualified.

"The Chief minister has asked police to launch a probe into the matter urgently," Karunakaran said today.

He said the family members of the missing youth met him yesterday and brought the matter to his notice.

Hakim, father of Hafesuddin who is among those missing from Kasaragod, told television channels that his son had left a month ago and there was no news from him.

"If he returns as a good man, I will welcome him. If not, I do not want to see even his dead body," he said.

Karunakaran said the family members told him that the youth had left for Middle East a month ago stating that they were going for religious studies.

But for the last one month, their families had no communication from them and so they were suspicious, he said.

The youth hail from Padna and Thrikaripur in Kasaragod district and Palakkad district.

While 11 hail from Padna and Thrikaripur in the northernmost Kasaragod district of Kerala, others are from Palakkad district.

Mustafa said among the missing were Dr Ijas and his dentist wife. They had left home saying they were going to Lakshadweep, he said.

Abdul Rasheed, an engineering graduate, had left home with his wife and a two-year old daughter, stating that they were going to Mumbai for a job.

All the youth hail from middle class families and had been showing keen interest in religious matters since the last two years, Mustafa said.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...milies-suspect-isis-links-116070900168_1.html

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. fooLIam

fooLIam Regular Member

In just 4 days - girl converted, indoctrinated in IS ideology, and now she is missing...
    conversion-girl-isis.jpg.image.784.410.jpg
    After reports said that as many as 16 persons from Kasaragod and Palakkad districts have joined Islamic State, a woman from Thiruvananthapuram has complained that her daughter is also missing.
    Bindu, a native of Attukal, said her daughter has been missing since Novemebr 11. She said her daughter Nimisha, who later became Fathima by embracing Islam, married one Eeza,hailing from Palakkad, when she was a BDS student in Kasaragod.

"I had lodged a complaint with the local police in Kasaragod as Nimisha was missing since November 1. Then as per a magistrate's order, the police produced her before the court and she told me that she had married a Muslim. She said she knew the boy only for four days. When I asked the boy about what happened he told me that Nimisha was among those who embraced Islam," Bindu told Manorama News.

Both Eeza and Fathima are believed to be among those went missing. Bindu said the police did not act promptly on her complaints.

source-http://english.manoramaonline.com/news/just-in/palakkad-couple-missing-islamic-state-links-religious-conversion.html

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  4. fooLIam

fooLIam Regular Member

it seems kerala is really lost case.
    how in world people get converted(should read as giving up on their tradition,history,identity etc) so easily especially women.:confused1:

I could understand for monetary, power gaining reasons but these cases.....

raja696 likes this.
  5. FRYCRY

FRYCRY Regular Member

Spread more propaganda in Middle East. Let muslimes from across the globe go to the Middle East to fight. Let them gather over there like the cockroaches they are.

Nuke them.

Problem solved.

raja696 likes this.
  6. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Fuckir Naik effect.

raja696 likes this.