AT EASE WITH GREASE: Institutionalised Corruption!!!

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by pmaitra, Jun 24, 2012.

1. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

AT EASE WITH GREASE: Gen Deepak Kapoor' has finally institutionalised Corruption!!!

By BRIJESH PANDEY

General Deepak Kapoor may seem like a terrible aberration. But BRIJESH PANDEY finds the rot runs deeper in the army. Kapoor has become an object of hatred for army men and women, serving and retired, with good reason: it is said that he didn’t just pocket a few kickbacks, he allegedly invited the entire evil axis of corruption — politician-contractor-police-bureaucrat — into the office of the army chief. He did this by letting it be known within political circles that he is pliable and ready to use his office to share the spoils. Some officers blame his predecessor General NC Vij for starting the slide. One aspired and another manned the National Disaster Management Agency. What an irony!

AT EASE WITH GREASE- General Deepak Kapoor a Geek or a Crook? - Wikileaks.

General Deepak Kapoor - incompetent combat leader and rather a geek. His war doctrine- eliminating China and Pakistan in a simultaneous war front was termed as “much far from reality”- General Kapoor was dubbed as a General who was least bothered about security challenges to the country but was more concerned about milking the system for making personal assets and strengthening his own cult in the army. When he was army chief, Gen Kapoor opened his office to wheeler dealers. AS THE saga of General (retd) Deepak Kapoor and Company unfolds, the nation is traumatised by the crumbling of a pillar it still believes in, by and large. Can the country still bank on this institution to keep the borders safe as well as rush in to save the day when there is a natural calamity or civil strife? Does the rot go deep or is it confined to a few aberrations?

Read the complete article: India of My Dreams: AT EASE WITH GREASE: Gen Deepak Kapoor' has finally institutionalised Corruption!!!

Kunal Biswas likes this.
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

So the rot started with Lala?

NC Vij?

4. Ray

I would only request people not to feel that the Army is what these people represent.

One should analyse how this rot set it.

Politics, social and stature and economic inequalities and so on, when you compare with the rest of the Indian society and also how all other arms of govt have ensured their place in the sun, illegally and legally and leaving the military to rot in their stew!

5. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Ray Sir,

I would like to know who appointed Deepak Kapoor (i.e on whose recommendations, not looking at facts such as seniority and tenure etc.)? Did they know about his incompetencies? Or was he considered the 'best man' to milk the country by the politicians and politically connected middlemen as seen in the case of our Einstein of a shameless PM - MMS?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  6. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

I like the word used by Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.

Watch this video @ 7:51....52.

Is he talking about the political appointees in Indian Army?

:tsk:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  7. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

I should add his wife 'Mrs Kapoor' too..

8. Ray

He came to where he is because of his Annual Confidential Reports and because he was the youngest in the course.

I think Dalbir and Atty contested it and lost.

It is sad that he turned out to be such a disgrace!

9. Ray

Her name is Kirti, daughter of Brig Tom Pandey, who was infamous!