Astra BVRAAM

Discussion in 'Strategic Forces' started by LETHALFORCE, Apr 7, 2010.

1. TPFscopes

TPFscopes Rest in Peace Senior Member

Right Now,IAF has enough lot of r-77 BVRAAMs in its inventory as buffer stock (I personally get this info from IAF officer), you may cross check with your sources (which you can) and they can use them whenever they want. Right now, IAF is using R-27ER/ET as the prime BVRAAM.
    But I'm agreed with you, IAF will have SFDR (once completed) and Astra as prime BVRAAM in future.

Anyways, some latest pics (2016)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please help me to identify the AAM? :eek1:

For R-73,

Really?, should I take it as bullying act or a suggestion... Bcoz I can't debate on baseless and illogical quotes. As far as my experience matters , my previous project was for su-30mki MFD design but can't share present one due to sensitivity issues.

Anyways, if he has enough knowledge than I'm eager to have BrahMos-NG on mk1 and mk1a.

Good Day.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    aditya10r likes this.
  2. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

Nearly half of Russian air-to-air missiles with IAF have homing, ageing problems:

New Delhi, Thu Jul 16 2009, 03:03 hrs
    Source :
    http://archive.indianexpress.com/ne...ve-homing-ageing-problems-cag-report/490055/1

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/iafs-air-to-air-missiles-are-faulty-report_547474.html

==========

Auditor Slams Navy’s Selection Of R-77 Missile

Source : https://www.livefistdefence.com/2011/09/auditor-slams-navys-selection-of-r-77.html

==========

Ukraine is close to signing one of its biggest ever defense deals for air-to-air missiles with India, according to Russian media reports.

Source : https://sputniknews.com/military/20120425173046325/

=============

[​IMG]
    Don`t confuse fact for your opinion. Qualify your opinion. If its personal experience say so, If its from a book say so. If your heard it from your great aunt`s sister`s best mate`s ex boyfriend best you don`t post it at all.

3. TPFscopes

I posted the pics of su-30mki just as proof that R-77 is still in services, but here you are correct that the after sales contract for r-77 is expired but IAF is using them. And this info is as good as I personally dig it.

This info is not an opinion by the way, I'm just sharing whatever is available on actual ground.

Except me , my whole family is/was working/worked in Indian Armed forces where as I'm working on the projects which are directly concerned with Armed forces.

As far as info about vympel NPO is concerned, that was totally based on books and internet & I want to back my claim that Vympel NPO is Russian firm with headquarters in MOSCOW. I can't understand Russian but you can visit its official website. @gadeshi may help in this matter.
    Third party link based on various references is https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Vympel NPO

The contract renewal talks for R-27 and R-77 is also expected to be discussed next month with Russian delegation visiting india. By the way It is self sourced info and a considerable person confirms the same with the info that IAF is not showing interest in contract renewal.

Anyways, leave that but you are good in trolling specially great aunt`s sister`s best mate`s ex boyfriend section..

Everyone is free to decide their belief on my sourced info but the member you quoted in your last post , was claiming some things which are either not technically possible for jet or for the mission profile.

4. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

I have no problems if you back it up with sources, than just talks ..

5. TPFscopes

There are some informations which are self sourced & not available in open media. Hence, you can't reveal the name of sources (due to security reasons, as you know how government employees are conservative about their jobs).
    As you have your strength in Indian Army related stuffs, similarly I have my strength in IAF and aviation related projects.

6. Vorschlaghammer

Vorschlaghammer Regular Member

Are these problems with the already stockpiled missiles design flaws, or more maintenance related, similar to what happened with Iranian Phoenixes after US left ?

Kay likes this.
  7. Kay

Kay Regular Member

Self Delete

30 Characters....................

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. Kay

Kay Regular Member

From source above:

"Former Air Chief Marshal S Krishnaswamy said: "When the missiles were bought, they were top of the line, world class systems that no other country had. As we did not have our own testing facilities, they had to be tested in Russia. The question to be asked is whether the government approved testing facilities for the missiles in India."

darshan978 likes this.
  9. Kay

Kay Regular Member

Also from report above:

"Moreover, just yesterday Defence Minister A K Antony had disclosed that there were structural problems with India’s lead fighter planes, the MiG-29."

darshan978 likes this.