Assembly elections 2012: Vote against Wahabis, BJP, appeal Sufis

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

The All India Ulama and Mashaikh Board has asked people to vote against Wahabi and BJP candidates in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand polls.

http://toi.in/DVKFHb

3. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

general sufi muslim should be aware about wahabism.their extrem thinking damging the image of islam.liberal sufism which is the root of islam in indian sub continet marginalised.so muslim voter should apply their voting right wisely.pleas don't elect anyone who has extream thought.if you elect them then they will misuse religion and do nothing for you.pleas vote for the canditate who could give you development.
    i can tell from my own experiance in general wahabi candidate when met a sufi muslim tells you about islamic brotherhood & try to do emotionaly blackmail you.but in your absance wahabi people call us sufi muslim as grave worshiper,non pure muslim,half hindu etc.

4. tiranga

tiranga Tihar Jail Banned

wahabi are idiots

5. Yusuf

The Sufis are right when they say majority of the country is not Wahabis. I don't know why this ideology is taking root or is it just a hype or a political stunt in saying there are lots of Wahabis in India. Almost all Muslims to to graves of saints, take mannat etc.
    I would say the media and Wahabi terror in other countries is responsible for attention in our country towards such ideology. There seems to be a glamorization in media about extremist Wahabi ideology. People find it "cool" I guess like they found a cigaret in school or college and joined the bandwagon.

6. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

agree with you too much publicity of wahbism and deboand.
    only 6-10%indian muslim are deboandi muslim.but media behave like deboand is the only reprsentor of indian muslim.

7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

We might make two guesses or assumptions:
    • Saudi money is being used to propagate Wahabbism.
    • Hysteria is being raised by right wing saffron groups.

Which one is more likely?

I know not. I think both are true to some extent.

8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

How would one know who is a Wahhabi?

One would, of course, know who is a BJP man!

But a religious or quasi religious body appeal for votes can upset the EC, who has already taken a stand on Khurshed's promise of increasing the quota for Muslims if the Congress is voted to power!

9. Yusuf

PM, I don't know about Saudi money coming into India. Even if it is coming in, how is it and what are the regulators doing? any Saudi money coming into seminaries is a failure of authorities and policies. Again government responsible.

Politics and votes makes anyone do anything. Congress which is "hindu" dominated has made sure it has played all the games to actually defame (indirectly) Muslims and polarize. I don't know what can be a solution or end to it. Voting out congress is not a solution. They can still do the same while in opposition an in fact play more games.

I think only strong constitutional measures can in some way help mitigate this problem.

10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

NewX was carrying a story of money :inr: 10,000 crores from the Gulf flooding the UP election scene.

All Political parties are Hindu dominated because they are the dominant population and it is not the Congress alone.

However, they do play games with the Muslim card.

Digvijay Singh has been told not to use the Batala House card, while Khurshed promised 9% reservation to the Muslim. Having made an impression that was required to be made, they have now meekly said it was Khurshed own idea. Yet, Khurshed said it was in the Election Manifesto. Thus, a muddle has been created and the feeling that Congress will give 9%, but had to politically backtrack for PC, remains an appealing thought.

Digvijay batted vigorously for the Muslim card and when the elections of UP drew near, he appeased the Hindu by saying Surya Namaskar is merely physical training and not a religious callisthenic!

They games people play!

And it also turns the adage - “You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.” on its head, since the people get fooled all the time!!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  11. neiljhonson01

neiljhonson01 New Member