Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Democracy happened...Bibi/Ganja/Bibi/Ganja/Zardari/Ganja...6 civil govts and still surviving...
Interesting point of view....
And here i was thinking that military interventions in civilian matters was responsible for the current state of affairs....How stupid of me :facepalm::doh:

thethinker

Country flag
And it goes for your trols aswell who bring the old rhetorics here in the first
Place.

I have no interest in feeding them.
But you seem to use disinformation to troll rather than plain old trolling and rhetorics. The same disinformation that is circulated as news in Paki media.

Quite a difference in both the actions.

fyodor

Country flag
Request to members especially Indian ones to behave more professionally. This is a very interesting topic with long term implications for both India and Pakistan. I am curious what weapon they will select.
I think most likely the turkish one.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@Blackwater and @ezsasa and other Indians I knows you guys are getting heart attacks after seeing the weaponry we got and are getting but ABHI TU PARTY SHURU HUI HAY as for @fyodor It would be most probably FN SCAR or HK-417
Heart attack is too big a word for such a silly thing, Let's not get senti about this....

On topic:
If the choice is between FN SCAR and HK 417, Your army may pick HK 417 . Most importantly your army will pick any gun if and only if they can be manufactured within in the country.

In my opinion Pak army changing assault rifle in the current scenario is a bluff, i don't anticipate any major weapon changes until couple of years after Zarb-e-whatever is completed. i don't think any army changes their assault weapon while an operation is ongoing. They may select something but will a long time before soldiers have them in their hands.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Gentlemen please stick to the topic. Let us not derail it with discussions on Economy and spending power, etc

If this continues, I shall be forced to clean the thread.

Zarvan

Heart attack is too big a word for such a silly thing, Let's not get senti about this....

On topic:
If the choice is between FN SCAR and HK 417, Your army may pick HK 417 . Most importantly your army will pick any gun if and only if they can be manufactured within in the country.

In my opinion Pak army changing assault rifle in the current scenario is a bluff, i don't anticipate any major weapon changes until couple of years after Zarb-e-whatever is completed. i don't think any army changes their assault weapon while an operation is ongoing. They may select something but will a long time before soldiers have them in their hands.
Yes the process testing and than inducting Guns and equipping entire Army with it will take 5 to 8 years but we have started the process in fact MPT-76 have already arrived for testing others are also about to come.

swastic_1170

Country flag
Yes the process testing and than inducting Guns and equipping entire Army with it will take 5 to 8 years but we have started the process in fact MPT-76 have already arrived for testing others are also about to come.
Well rightly said by many of the members FN SCAR and HK 417 are the best one among the four.. But I am not sure if they will pass through the extreme Weather (Low and High) trails..

One more questions comes into the mind is Equipping special forces with this rifle is all right, but entire infantry getting them as standard rifle is kind of over the board.. Not even US is using them to equip their entire Army,

Zarvan

Well rightly said by many of the members FN SCAR and HK 417 are the best one among the four.. But I am not sure if they will pass through the extreme Weather (Low and High) trails..

One more questions comes into the mind is Equipping special forces with this rifle is all right, but entire infantry getting them as standard rifle is kind of over the board.. Not even US is using them to equip their entire Army,
Well yes best option till now is FN SCAR and than HK-417 but I hope that MPT-76 also passes tests and at least proves to be 3 times better than G3 in all conditions.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Turkish gun is good, but the ammo is heavy i.e 5.56 is 2.7lb per 100 vs 5.3 & even 7.62x39 is 3.6.

Hence, I think bulk of Pakistani army i.e jihadists will continue to be armed with AK-47 :bounce:

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Well yes best option till now is FN SCAR and than HK-417 but I hope that MPT-76 also passes tests and at least proves to be 3 times better than G3 in all conditions.
Yes, grave can be made anywhere - sand, beach, water, mountain, field, etc.

If gun does not stand up to test, i.e does not rust up to 6ft under dirt how can Bakistan army use? :biggrin2:

Zarvan

MKEK MPT-76 Mehmetçik-2 automatic rifle (Turkey)

MKEK MPT-76 Mehmetçik-2 automatic rifle

MKEK MPT-76 Mehmetçik-2 automatic rifle

Caliber

7.62x51 NATO

Action

Gas operated

Length, mm

Barrel length, mm

Weight, kg

Rate of fire, rounds/minute

Magazine capacity, rounds

Turkish defense manufacturer MKEK (Makina ve Kimya Endüstrisi Kurumu) began development of a new assault rifle for Turkish armed forces in around 2007. By 2008, MKEK produced a 5.56mm rifle called Mehmetçik-1, based on German HK 416 rifle. After several years of tests and development, Turkish army re-evaluated its requirements, and, based on its actual combat experience with various calibers in service (7.62x51 in HK G3, 7.62x39 in Kalashnikov AKM and 5.56x45 in HK 33), decided to stay with 7.62x51 NATO round for its next army rifle.
As a result, in May 2014 MKEK delivered first batch of 7.62x51mm MKEK MPT-76 automatic rifles to Turkish army. “MPT” stands for Milli Piyade Tüfeği, or National Infantry Rifle in English. MKEK MPT-76 rifle appears to be visually and technically similar to German HK 417 rifle. Fate the 5.56mm Mehmetçik-1 rifle is uncertain at this point (May, 2014).

MKEK MPT-76 rifle is gas operated, select-fire weapon. It uses short stroke gas piston, located above the barrel, and AR-10/Ar-15 style rotary bolt, bolt carrier and return spring system. Aluminum alloy receiver also is based on AR-10/AR-15 design, with upper and lower halves being connected by two captive cross-pins. Rifle features M16-style charging handle, ambidextrous magazine release, bolt hold-open release and safety / fire selector controls. Ammunition is fed from 20-round box magazines, made from translucent polymer. Rifle is equipped with telescoping, adjustable shoulder stock. Front sight is mounted on the gas block and features folding base. Integral Picatinny rail on top of the receiver can hosts aperture-type rear sight (fully adjustable for range and windage), as well as quick-detachable carrying handle with “see-through” channel for standard iron sights plus its own set of iron sights for short-range applications (with U-shaped notch rear sight), built into the top of the handle. Carrying handle can be easily replaced with any type of red-dot, telescope or night sight with appropriate mountings. Additional Picatinny rails on the forend permit mounting of various accessories. Knife-bayonet may be attached for the barrel, if required.
It is one of the strongest candidates. One major reason is because before this Gun Turkey was also using G3.

Reactions: Neo

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles