Assam: Congress MLA beaten up for alleged bigamy

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Daredevil, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

I think public servants need to be careful with their private life. The mob justice is condemnable and needs to be punished.

Singh, Mad Indian, Tronic and 2 others like this.
  3. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

May be now she will acknowledge that she is living in India. People don't tolerate infidelity, and abandoning your kid is completely unethical.

4. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

No matter what, the mob has no right to go and beat her up. This is not defensible at all, no matter which angle you look at it.

And btw, the article does say that the facebook chap is her "second husband". So, I presume she divorced her first husband? In which case everything is perfectly legal, and perfectly acceptable. What is the problem here?

5. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

well if you play dangerous game, be prepared for dangerous consequences. :rofl:

BTW any video of beating.

6. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

Last checked she didn't divorced her first husband, She is punishable by law and the public.

7. amitkriit

Theory and reality is different. She did not divorce her first husband, so she is on the wrong side of the law. Abandoning your child is not considered to be a great virtue either.

I wonder what has stopped police from taking action against her so far, even though an FIR has been filed.
    Weak judicial system gives rise to Mob Justice.

8. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

The FIR was filed as she had gone missing it was not filed for a law suit against divorce case. note that they have a child.

9. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

This is dangerous, but I feel it is a backlash by the local people against the changing demography of Assam.

10. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

Many such case happens but not every body want to mingle with law, their are incidents which without a source sounds like fairy tales but unfortunately a bitter truth.

Current google ranking do not help in digging out old information.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  11. amitkriit

Abandoning your child is not acceptable even in "free" societies.

12. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Such a shameless 'tharki' mother, crowd has done a good job, that Muslim boy should have been beaten alongwith her :angry::dude:

13. Oracle

Oracle New Member

She eloped with her FB lover, converted to Islam, and got married in Badarpur (a small town, 1 hr from Silchar). Last night around 200 people stormed into the hotel in Karimganj, where she and her husband were staying and beat them up mercilessly. She is pregnant and got beaten. Kudos to the Indian people for stooping to such low. Vigilante justice again prevails. Anyways, those parts of Assam continuously simmer with communal tensions, flared up by the BJP from time to time. I'd bet this wasn't an isolated mob anger either.

Whatever it is, it is wrong. Imagine men who are so insecure of their wives leaving them, to make an example of her. She has every right to do whatever she wants. Even her kid is not an excuse for her not to marry someone she loves. There is nothing decent or indecent in falling in love. The only wrong thing about it is that she did not divorce her first husband, before getting married to Jaki, which again was an issue for the courts to decide.

Mad Indian and Tronic like this.
  14. A chauhan

Well I saw this news on the TV, and I saw that MLA and her BF both looks alike! it smells like true love to me because I personally believe that "similar faces attract each other" so I am feeling sad , :*( although that MLA has kids and duty for her kids which must be fulfilled, yet she has a right to love a person of her choice, and by their faces it appeared to be a true love affair (to me). So I apologies for being so rude :*(

15. Oracle

Oracle New Member

The guy was beaten too. Both are in Hospital. Chauhan, pray tell me, is falling in love and wanting to spend the rest of your life with that person a bad thing? Maybe she was not happy with her first marriage. Do you know the circumstances under which she decided to do what she did?

A chauhan likes this.
  16. A chauhan

Yeah Oracle,

I agree with what you said but I have expressed my sorrow :*( , you are late by just a few seconds :), but see what a timing lol!

Edit: I didn't read your post #12 before expressing my griefs in post #13! yet she has committed bigamy and she has left her husband, I am feeling sad for her husband too. She is punishable u/s 494 IPC and punishment may extend to 7 years' imprisonment of either description but Bailable and Non-Cognizable.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Oracle likes this.
  17. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

Problem with crwod reacting that way is not coz she eloped with a guy but rather she eloped with a muslim guy and everyone knows about the underlying tensions which exsits among hindu and muslims in Assamese society generally with those who came from bangladesh and settled there.So this thread is another example of love-jihad as many hindu fondly blame it here.

18. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I don't know about love jihad, and apart from that whatever you said is almost correct. Rumi Nath, the MLA is a Bengali though.

But she could have used her brain. Divorce. Then get married again. I guess, the mob anger had scared her even to ask for police protection and this is where she got beaten. Who beats a women, a pregnant women? Such a shame.

Tronic likes this.
  19. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Don't feel sorry for her husband. He anyways was her pet, a spineless man. Ghar ka jamai.

20. A chauhan

I will say that Muslim boy started with the intention to do love Jihad but later fell in true love :dude: and BTW love jihad is happening in Kerala and it's a truth!

Lol! i didn't know it, thanks.

21. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

hmm am I encountering a religious defender? Let me ask you how much you know about Assamese culture and society before blowing up you mouth? And you term the Bangladesh immigrant atrocity into a communal blame game, what a shame on you.