Asia's Quiet War

Iamanidiot

China is quite fragile economically and socially to go for any adventure where reverses can be high.

Tianshan

Naah... China is like one of those seasonal itch... nothing more.
yes, nehru thought so as well. :lol:

except this time you only have ammunition for a few days at max, so hopefully we can donate some to you during the course of the battle.

China is quite fragile economically and socially to go for any adventure where reverses can be high.
you are right, the fragile nature of chinese society and economy is actually the reason why they need to promote such crazy ultra-nationalism in the first place

Last edited:

trackwhack

except this time you only have ammunition for a few days at max, so hopefully we can donate some to you during the course of the battle.

you are right, the fragile nature of chinese society and economy is actually the reason why they need to promote such crazy ultra-nationalism in the first place
China epitomizes the adage - Barking dogs seldom bite.

Tianshan

China epitomizes the adage - Barking dogs seldom bite.
nehru thought so as well. :cool2:

as for the current situation, you might be right and you might be wrong. flip a coin and you have about the same chance of being right as the actual policy maker

Last edited:

trackwhack

nehru thought so as well. :cool2:
Its been 50 years since then, you did try stunts a few times and got whipped. thats why you are still sitting tight. you dont want another whipping while sitting as a p5 member do you?

Tolaha

He actually tried convincing everybody in the world that the CCP are trustworthy. Fortunately, the world is now better placed to deal with China.

Its not you bringing unrelated topics repeatedly, its the melamine milk that you were made to drink that makes you this way! See, you are not the only one who can play this silly game.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Guys, there was competition between Confucianism and Buddhism long before the CCP came into power. Confucianism won and Buddhism was erased in China.

China is NOT Dharmic, Confucianism is not about morals but about power

This whole nonsense about China being the "thekedar' of Buddhism isn't for Dharma, but to further national interest. The original article is completely retarded

Edit: Huffingtonpost I should've know :facepalm:

Trackwhack the guy is an ignoramus when it comes to China itself
I think some of his posts are quite accurate.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Also, the West (and India) is under the silly assumption, that China will become all nice and peaceful once it's Democratic. :rofl:

trackwhack

Also, the West (and India) is under the silly assumption, that China will become all nice and peaceful once it's Democratic. :rofl:
I have no such presumptions, more hope. However if they do turn rabid we have enough firepower in place.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I have no such presumptions, more hope. However if they do turn rabid we have enough firepower in place.
We have the firepower, but we lack the mental ability to..sacrifice the proverbial pawn when required.

If we go by history, China will not hesitate to let a few million die to further her national interest. Heck, it fought a pointless war with Vietnam just to prevent "loss of face".

panduranghari

i think you will be dissapointed when a "democratic" china becomes even more assertive of its regional claims then the PRC is. in fact, the RoC already is... they even claim the whole of outer mongolia.
In a democracy, things happen relatively slowly. The government will spend more time and money thinking about its own people rather than be interested in expanding borders and waging wars. The CCP wages wars because they rule China and the Chinese are slaves for them. They do not care if 100 Chinese perish or 1 million. As long as their wars are going on, the population has a distraction. In democracy, there are distractions, but the basic need of clothing, food and shelter dominates most of the life.

I doubt a democratic China will be a threat to the world peace. I personally believe Chinese are peaceable. Its the propaganda making them who they are today.

Last edited:

panduranghari

we don't need nukes since our arsenal has more megatons than india by a factor of several hundred times, and unlike india we actually have the delivery systems to hit our targets.
I can assure you my dick is a lot longer than yours. Why are you trolling? The original article was fascinating read.

Tianshan

In a democracy, things happen relatively slowly. The government will spend more time and money thinking about its own people rather than be interested in expanding borders and waging wars. The CCP wages wars because they rule China and the Chinese are slaves for them. They do not care if 100 Chinese perish or 1 million. As long as their wars are going on, the population has a distraction. In democracy, there are distractions, but the basic need of clothing, food and shelter dominates most of the life.

I doubt a democratic China will be a threat to the world peace. I personally believe Chinese are peaceable. Its the propaganda making them who they are today.
the truth is that while we were being crushed and treated like garbage, the outside world didnt give two sh*ts. in fact, the usa came running to be our ally in the 1970's with both arms open, they didn't care that we were communist or that our human rights record was crap.

today, finally hundreds of millions of chinese are being lifted out of poverty, and china has become capitalist.

NOW... suddenly everyone is "so concerned" about us? even when we are actually doing well for once in centuries?

no thank you. it is so insincere that it borders on insulting. people only pretend to care when we become a potential competitor to them.

Last edited:

panduranghari

the truth is that while we were being crushed and treated like garbage, the outside world didnt give two sh*ts. in fact, the usa came running to be our ally in the 1970's with both arms open, they didn't care that we were communist or that our human rights record was crap.

today, finally hundreds of millions of chinese are being lifted out of poverty, and china has become capitalist.

NOW... suddenly everyone is "so concerned" about us? even when we are actually doing well for once in centuries?

no thank you. it is so insincere that it borders on insulting. people only pretend to care when we become a potential competitor to them.
I actually agree with you. Its not only China becoming prosperous that west finds irritating, they find that to be the case about India too. You should just read the bile spouted in the western media about India-China, it clearly has upset them that they do not alone call the shots anymore.

USA is a big country and will always remain big as it has a landmass to support its ambitions. The other little didums like France, UK, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Spain who were the colonisers in the 17th to the 19th century have spent all the monies looted from the east and now they cannot accept the suzerainty of the east. So yeah I agree with you about poverty reducing, education and quality of life getting better as the country tries to reclaim its glory from the yesteryears,

The reason why USA is concerned is different from why India is concerned. India is not interested in any empire. US is. China is using the same stick against everyone and thinks everyone is out to get them. When no one around China is really interested in anything but their own progress.

China can never ever be a competitor to India. India does not consider any country in the world to be its competitor. We as a nation are too far evolved to think about waging wars just to prove our machismo. But if need be we can give an eye for an eye.

no smoking

Country flag
We as a nation are too far evolved to think about waging wars just to prove our machismo. But if need be we can give an eye for an eye.
That is totally BS.

You were capable of waging a war against Pakistan in 1970.

You were involved in the civil war of Sri Lanka which eventually killed one of your pime minister.

You were involved in Tibet riot of 1959, 3 years before 1962 Sino-india war.

The truth is that indian is a imperalist as Chinese and Americans. The only difference is that you are weakest on among the three.

panduranghari

That is totally BS.

You were involved in the civil war of Sri Lanka which eventually killed one of your pime minister.

The truth is that indian is a imperalist as Chinese and Americans. The only difference is that you are weakest on among the three.
There is no proof of anything you claim. Prove it and I will give you the benefit of doubt.

trackwhack

We have the firepower, but we lack the mental ability to..sacrifice the proverbial pawn when required.

If we go by history, China will not hesitate to let a few million die to further her national interest. Heck, it fought a pointless war with Vietnam just to prevent "loss of face".
they will fly both ways, i have no doubt. the army wont allow otherwise. neither will the people.

ejazr

Ambassador
If CCP falls, Tibet will gain autonomy and there is a chance that India and China can learn to live with each other peacefully. Do you not think so?
I don't think having a democratic China would be any different than having a CCP ruled China. At the end of the day, its a case of balance of power and it would be in China's interests to keep emerging powers and rivals off balance and that includes India.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
That was 1971, and I don't think anyone call it an "imperialist" war.

Nothing imperialist about that, it was an intervention to preserve peace in a neighboring country. India did not gain anything from it, rather it lost its PM. It was a mistake.

What is your source for this?

Imperialism is for barbarians. India is not interested in partaking in such activity, and I hope it does not do so anytime in the future.

pmaitra

hahahaha ... good joke bro.

Good luck trying to fck with us.
This is an interesting map. Good find.

One may call Mao anything, but his actions of expanding and acquiring territories has greatly benefited PRC. Wish we had the same attitude.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles