Asia pivot threatened

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Dont know how you come to those conclusions when my original statement was this:

In my country most philllipinos work as au pair. They work as slaves in a few years and hope to nail a husband before they got send back.

Instead of reading it in the right context and using the definations provided by a dictionary, you conjure up your own definitons and stories to fit your world view.

P.S from your post I judge that you think all au pairs are maids??? ROFL.

You need to go out more, kid. :lol:

I actually know some au pairs, unlike you who only have read it in newspapers. Maids, hahahahaha.
You said Filipinos work as slaves in China. Are you defending that ?
If not, then change the word 'slave' to 'servant' because there are no slaves in a civilized country.
Choose your words carefullly before expecting others to understand your imaginative context.
You didn't tell us how you differentiate between a slave and a servant.
When you mean a slave you write slave.
When you mean an extremely hard working, slogging servant - you still say 'Servant' and not 'Slave'.
So let us know what you really mean, because the word you used and the context/interpratation that you hint at, are completely at odds with each other.
Answer these simple questions -
Are the au pairs there forced by someone to work there or do they choose these jobs?
Are they always living and doing exactly as someone tells them to or do they work by some humane laws?
Are they always in captivitiy or do they have any will free will and do they move around?

If the second conditions in these questions apply then by no way they are slaves. They are servants.
If the first ones apply they definitely are slaves.
Which one is it ?

And stop calling me a kid, else you'll be shown the door out.

Regards,
Virendra

ice berg

You said Filipinos work as slaves in China. Are you defending that ?
If not, then change the word 'slave' to 'servant' because there are no slaves in a civilized country.

BS. No slaves in a civilized country? You got to be freaking kidding me. There are millions of slaves today. Even in your own country.
The number of slaves today remains as high as 12 million to 27 million, the highest number in human history.
Contemporary slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your ignorance disgusts me. Especially when it takes like 3 sec to google.
Choose your words carefullly before expecting others to understand your imaginative context.
My words were explained with a clear reference to a dictionary. Not my problem you consider a dictionary as imaginative.
When you mean a slave you write slave.
Do they not teach you the difference between connotation and denotation in your school?

When you mean an extremely hard working, slogging servant - you still say 'Servant' and not 'Slave'.
I can , but I prefer the term "slave" to emphasize their situation, problem with that?
So let us know what you really mean, because the word you used and the context/interpratation that you hint at, are completely at odds with each other.
Not really
Answer these simple questions -
Are the au pairs there forced by someone to work there or do they choose these jobs?
You have to apply for a visa to come here. Duh
Are they always living and doing exactly as someone tells them to or do they work by some humane laws?
You do know it is a difference between written laws and how it is praticed, right? According to statistics from the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in 2006 had a total of 1243 au pairs in Norway. Almost half of these, 587 were from the Philippines. - Everyone I interviewed broke one or more of the laws and regulations governing the scheme, but it should distinguish between serious and less serious offenses, says Marte Bertelsen.Furthermore Bertelsen says that half of the au pairs interviewed was home with the kids all day.

- I believe are serious violations of the rule that an au pair to work more than five hours per day. In these cases, not the au pair scheme intention fulfilled, says Bertelsen.
From a research paper. Not your imaginary world.
forskning.no > Lov og rett for au pairer
Do they have any will free will and do they move around? Or are they always in captivitiy?
Show me where I said that?
And stop calling me a kid, else you'll be shown the door out.
Then stop behaving like one and throw around your tantrums. I have explained a half dozen times my statements with references to dictionary and statistics and research papers. How many times do I have to repeat myself?
Regards,
Virendra
See above.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
BS. No slaves in a civilized country? You got to be freaking kidding me. There are millions of slaves today. Even in your own country.
The number of slaves today remains as high as 12 million to 27 million, the highest number in human history.
Contemporary slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your ignorance disgusts me. Especially when it takes like 3 sec to google.
:facepalm: I meant legal slaves

My words were explained with a clear reference to a dictionary. Not my problem you consider a dictionary as imaginative.
Everyone knows the definition of a slave. When I asked a close ended question, if there are slaves in China, a simple Yes or No answer would've done it. But no, you rant back with the same definitions.
I asked as many times - "are you saying there are slaves in China?" You never answered the question. Not my problem.

Do they not teach you the difference between connotation and denotation in your school?
They do very well. What you don't know is, slave and servant aren't synonyms, that your arguments of context could be supported and you could use them interchangeably.

I can , but I prefer the term "slave" to emphasize their situation, problem with that?
See above

You have to apply for a visa to come here. Duh
Exactly. Then how are they slaves?
One might say they "slog", they "work overtime", they "work in less then ideal pay". Work as slaves is not the right way to convey the meaning.

You do know it is a difference between written laws and how it is praticed, right? According to statistics from the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in 2006 had a total of 1243 au pairs in Norway. Almost half of these, 587 were from the Philippines. - Everyone I interviewed broke one or more of the laws and regulations governing the scheme, but it should distinguish between serious and less serious offenses, says Marte Bertelsen.Furthermore Bertelsen says that half of the au pairs interviewed was home with the kids all day.
Understood (couldn't you have said it the first time :dude: ).
Coming back to my question - does this make them slaves? If yes, you're hinting either at law being broken at large scale in China and that there are human rights violation (illegal slavery in this context).
If no, then we're back at square one - they're not slaves.

- I believe are serious violations of the rule that an au pair to work more than five hours per day. In these cases, not the au pair scheme intention fulfilled, says Bertelsen.
From a research paper. Not your imaginary world.
forskning.no > Lov og rett for au pairer
That explains the notion better. There is way to say this rather then writing 'working as slaves' .... "made to work overtime
Do they have any will free will and do they move around? Or are they always in captivitiy?

Show me where I said that?
I posted those questions to ascertain whether the au pairs fit into slavery or are mere servants.
Where did I say that you said so? Those were my questions :facepalm:
But that is how a slave would be and you're the one to use the term. Aren't you?

Then stop behaving like one and throw around your tantrums.
I'm not throwing tantrums, who started it by taking a personal jibe?

I have explained a half dozen times my statements with references to dictionary and statistics and research papers. How many times do I have to repeat myself?
I know of those definitions already and statistcs were not in the picture when this exchange started.
I have asked my questions as many number of times while you kept repeating the same definitions instead of addressing them.

So there is illegal slavery going on in China. You could've said it the first time. Like I said before, everyone knows the definition of a slave.

By the way, don't give me English lessons when you keep missing pronouns and articles on every second line.
Many Chinesse posters here have an even worse record, but they don't rant back when their own houses are made of glass (metaphorically that is).

I'm done debating but if you want, this can be taken up via PM. No more OT posts on this thread.

Regards,
Virendra

Zero_Wing

don't worry mate the way the chinese are behaving with Indians i won't be surprised if India decides to help Philippines in the near future with latest variant of Brahmos anti-shipping missile and maybe a couple of Shivalik Class Stealth Frigates which'll be more than enough to deter those chinis from bullying a peaceful country like Philippines:thumb:.btw what is the view of a common Filipino about India(i'm just a bit curious)
Its sir am not worried i think the chinese should be worried because their stupid claims are nothing, It can be taken seriously its just that stupid no country in the world has claim bodies of water the way the chinese have so they can attack us with political, economic, or militarily or just two or all three i welcome it if its exposes them as Imperial militaristic state we Filipino will just say "we told you so!" so its plus for us! Hack the world would kill their economy hell we are even capable of doing that everybody knows majority of international shipping is run by Filipino sailors and seamen so attack my country the world economy will stop for a few months that for sure but that's just a possibility we wont do it on propose and besides am confident that ITCLOS will rule in favor of the Philippines position so am not worried at all.

huaxia rox

And you sound like a racist jerk see how do you like it get back on topic
1 well what is the topic?we have only two types of situation going on in SCS. 1 is island/shoal what so ever under control. another is not under control. none of the 2 has anything to do with international law. if its in the second situation then who ever involved should hold a talk. which gives no room for the so called international laws. have you seen the brits seek international laws when they had problems with Argentina? and do you know the brits have signed probably all the international treaties and so forth?? whats your point so??

2 if you think the topic is about racism. well your fellow contrymen is a good example:

Racism against Indians in the Philippines is on the rise. It is sad to absorb, but who ever says that Filipino's are friendly to all foreigners, its utter rubbish. If you are not a white foreigner, and an Indian especially then get prepared to face some hot painful discrimination and racism. Bottom line, most Filipino's have racism discrimination against Indians in the Philippines.
Why is there Racism Against Indians in the Philippines

satish007

Racism against Indians in the Philippines is on the rise.
Filipinos do not buy Indian at all , they are robbing Indian call center / back office jobs.
Their English is more acceptable from American view.

Zero_Wing

President Xi Jinping visits fishermen in Hainan, S China - China News - SINA English

Xi encouraged them get more fish bigger fish. @Zero_Wing , you PH are very racist too, even Indian will not support you, America looks leaving you(I accept they often visit you).
why can you be kind and join us?

Oh please racist me? please we want you to leave and stop harassing and stealing from us i we don't need you so called friendship because its other word for Imperialism and stealing

Last edited by a moderator:

satish007

Oh please racist me? please we want you to leave and stop harassing and stealing from us i we don't need you so called friendship because its other word for Imperialism and stealing
ok, let me get started.
You guys can keep being good sailors and nurses but you guys need a little bit smarter.
you should let the haf chinese half Filipinos persident and kiss whoever's a$$es he want
but you should let those smart Chinese Filipinos be your Governors and trust them and let them kiss out a$$, Chinese are not greedy we just need respect and you can get
you share.
look at that.
Chinese Filipinos just played chess with our people, how handsome and smart the left one(Zhuang) is

the right one is our people, a ugly man.
you pure Filipinos are not smart enough, you have so many good resources you just don't use them.

huaxia rox

Filipinos do not buy Indian at all , they are robbing Indian call center / back office jobs.
Their English is more acceptable from American view.
are you trying to tell me thats the reason why there is so much racism against indians in the PH?? because of the competition of setting up more calling centers??

what a joke! why dont Filipinos just launch some descrimination against americans who invented siri tech which is going to replace a hell lot of calling centers in the near future?? and why dont Filipinos seek advice from international law experts and then try going to complain this in the UN??

Zero_Wing

See full of racism every single one of you jerks are like that! My point is proven to all non chinese that your jerks and you are the who are stupid can't even follow simply International law. Please jive to the hand

t_co

See full of racism every single one of you jerks are like that! My point is proven to all non chinese that your jerks and you are the who are stupid can't even follow simply International law. Please jive to the hand
Zero, every country is a jerk, by the definition you've set up. This sort of shit has been going on for the past three thousand years.

Melian dialogue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'The strong do as they can and the weak suffer what they must'

And this was Athens, the paragon of the 'democratic form of government' that certain DFI posters are so proud of.

EDIT: And I'm not sure how you can say all Chinese people are full of racism from the posts of one or two DFI members with a Chinese flag under their avatar. I'm certainly not going to generalize about the educational level, grammatical abilities, or ability to reason of average Filipinos from your posts here, although were I to, the Philippines would no doubt come out looking pretty bad.

Last edited:

huaxia rox

then why you have not told me why on earth your freaking Filipinos have to descriminate against indians? why do indians deserve that??

Why is there Racism Against Indians in the Philippines

Racism against Indians in the Philippines is on the rise. It is sad to absorb, but who ever says that Filipino's are friendly to all foreigners, its utter rubbish. If you are not a white foreigner, and an Indian especially then get prepared to face some hot painful discrimination and racism. Bottom line, most Filipino's have racism discrimination against Indians in the Philippines.

Zero_Wing

oh please stop just stop it your not helping your just make worse your claims are illogical and stupid it will never change you guys can post every punt every arrogant replies you have in arsenal but your still imperialist and your post proves everything i said is true

t_co

oh please stop just stop it your not helping your just make worse your claims are illogical and stupid it will never change you guys can post every punt every arrogant replies you have in arsenal but your still imperialist and your post proves everything i said is true
????? :lol:
I think Zero's brain just had a meltdown... likely from attempting to use punctuation

satish007

oh please stop just stop it e
thanks for rescuing them and putting them into jail.

after not any fish found in the Chinese aground ship(only a few dry fish for food), you start to charge them spy and try to jail them forever even kill them
that's typical PH, racism against India and bully / kill Chinese Fishermen.
Zero_Wing , Just soft remind, you guys are not white superiority, why you keep doing that?
----
The Palawan provincial prosecutor ordered yesterday the transfer to the provincial jail of the 12 Chinese crewmembers of a fishing vessel that ran aground at Tubbataha Reef.

He said from their looks the 12 were not the typical Chinese fishermen arrested before for illegal fishing and poaching inside the country's maritime domain.

satish007

BTW, indeed does not like fishermen, they wearing glasses...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Are those really fishermen or something else? Maybe drugs smugglers? They don't look like fishermen to me...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ethnic Chinese organized crime groups have been the primary sources and financiers of methamphetamine hydrochloride (shabu) trafficking in the Philippines, according to the US Department of State.

In its International Narcotics Strategy Report, the department's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (Binlea) has also named China and India as the "primary sources of chemicals used to make synthetic drugs," which are increasingly being produced in the Philippines, Malaysia and Cambodia.

China is also a source of precursor chemicals, like acetic anhydride, used in the production of heroin, Binlea said, noting that the seizure of acetic anhydride in Mexico in 2011 was traced back to China.
Read more: Chinese syndicates behind drug trade in Philippines, says US | Inquirer Global Nation
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles