Ashdoc's opinion---Star wars , the force awakens

ashdoc

Country flag
We brave people who dare criticize a star wars film are in a minority---decisively . Because like the people here the crowd in my city in India ( Bombay ) was cheering all the way and clapping when the old characters came back . Sadly , I was not among them .

Got largely bored by the worst of the Star wars series of movies---The force awakens . Nothing new and no new technology . No new creatures . Landscape that is shown is bleak . Above all ,the earlier Star war movies had a grandeur that this movie does not . The old characters look old---could not bear to watch them becoming old and jaded . Should not have come back on screen---my memories of them at least would have remained young . Now whenever they come to my mind they will be old .

The force does awaken---in a most boring way . Simply does not evoke the emotion that was evoked when 'May the force be with you' was said in the old movies .

Wont write a review , I guess . Even in my country ( India ) they will throw rotten eggs at me if I dare say anything against the movie . So skipping the review .

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
We brave people who dare criticize a star wars film are in a minority---decisively . Because like the people here the crowd in my city in India ( Bombay ) was cheering all the way and clapping when the old characters came back . Sadly , I was not among them .

Got largely bored by the worst of the Star wars series of movies---The force awakens . Nothing new and no new technology . No new creatures . Landscape that is shown is bleak . Above all ,the earlier Star war movies had a grandeur that this movie does not . The old characters look old---could not bear to watch them becoming old and jaded . Should not have come back on screen---my memories of them at least would have remained young . Now whenever they come to my mind they will be old .

The force does awaken---in a most boring way . Simply does not evoke the emotion that was evoked when 'May the force be with you' was said in the old movies .

Wont write a review , I guess . Even in my country ( India ) they will throw rotten eggs at me if I dare say anything against the movie . So skipping the review .
Write it, write it!! I was waiting for your review.

I saw it and was not overwhelmed by the movie. It seemed ok, but I want to know why you want to bash it!!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Typical Hollywood crap.

Ineffective comedy, "Females are strong men are useless" message in a subtle way; female lead just happens to know everything and requires no training in the force, token black guy, equality, Han solo and luke skywalker look like shit, yup the "death star" got bigger and got bigger guns and is called "star killer" ( :dude: at least come up with better names), plenty of typical unnecessary hollywood explosions, predictable as fuck storyline, cheesy diaolgues, and to top it all off, the good guys just happen to know everything about the star killer's functioning and layout.

Verdict: Hilariously disappointing.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Typical Hollywood crap.

Ineffective comedy, "Females are strong men are useless" message in a subtle way; female lead just happens to know everything and requires no training in the force, token black guy, equality, Han solo and luke skywalker look like shit, yup the "death star" got bigger and got bigger guns and is called "star killer" ( :dude: at least come up with better names), plenty of typical unnecessary hollywood explosions, predictable as fuck storyline, and to top it all off, the good guys just happen to know everything about the star killer's functioning and layout.

Verdict: Hilariously disappointing.
Tell me about it man!! All the feminized Europeans are going gaga over it. Btw, if force can be used by anyone to lift anything, then it can very well be a woman as well.

But US is becoming a bigger tokenism land than India. No surprise they are going downhill!! Black and woman hero helping the world- it is just too difficult to miss.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Only seen Star-Wars upto 3rd sequel, not interested any more.

dhananjay1

Star wars is more of a nostalgic thing in the west. that's why they get all excited about a new one. There is no nostalgia for the original star wars movies in India, since hardly anyone got to see them in India at the time. They are all mediocre anyway, including the old 3 movies with some parts being very badly done.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles