Ashdoc's movie review--The rum diary

ashdoc

Country flag
As the publicity says , nothing in the movie is in moderation--especially the drinking......

There's plenty of boozing boozing and more boozing....

.....And there's drunks raising hell everywhere and not paying their drinking bills.....:daru:

There's even a shot of drunks filling their mouths with alcohol and then spitting it out forcefully on a lighter to create a ball of fire coming from the mouth....

......And getting hauled up in courtroom for that.....

.....Only to vomit in front of the judge !!:puke:

And there plenty of fast cars and one even faster woman......

Yeah , the woman.....

A red hot blonde who smoulders fire from head to toe.....8)

.....And she lights up every scene she walks in.....

Dancing with free abandon in parties.....

Taking her clothes off for men.....

They call her Chenault in the film , but whenever they call her name it curiously sounded Chinaal to me..... :D( I hope you know what that means in hindi !!)

Hell ,there's even Adolf Hitler's voice bellowing as a old gramophone player suddenly cranks up....:D

Everything for everyone....

For a person who does not drink much like me , watching chinaal ( :D )...err...Chenault itself was worth it.....

But for those who get a high just watching others drink and raise hell.....well ,this is the movie for them.....

And what about the story ??

Well , Johnny Depp is a journo who lands in Puerto Rico in the 1950s and amidst all the boozing ,uncovers a scam there....

But the story leads nowhere and the ending is disappointing.....

Verdict--If you are not bothered about the disappointing ending , then its good for some laughs .

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles