Ashdoc's movie review---The last act

ashdoc

Country flag
Somewhere on an isolated road on a godforsaken night is found the utterly mutilated body of a dead man---his face crushed beyond recognition . But along with him are twelve different pieces of evidence pointing to twelve different cities from where the killer came from---and pointing to twelve different groups of people , who could potentially be killers .

So where do we search.....?? Everywhere , of course.....

So we find police of twelve different cities searching for the clues which the evidence offers---and thus showing us vignettes of different parts of India , with its different colours.....

So we move from the mofussil parts of India like Hisar in Haryana to the urban landscape of Bangalore---and from posh parts where english is spoken to parts where even the hindi is crude and vulgar....

And the movie in different parts of India speaks different languages---Marathi in Maharashtra to Bengali in Kolkata to Tamil in Chennai ; and English subtitles are added to those parts which are in vernacular . Indeed the director for each part is different , showing his style.....

All types of characters are there---from Hindu to Muslim and from college students to female receptionists to urdu abuse spewing watch makers in Lucknow.....

........And all of them have one thing in common---that they have been defrauded by someone......
......And police investigation in each part of India unearths one crime or the other......

So who is it who has been involved in so many illegal capers in so many cities ?? Is it several people or is it one man ?? And if it is one man , then do the police succeed in tracking him down ??

Go and find out in the movie for the answer.....

But is the movie worth it ?? To some it is , but to others it's not.....

......Because for some people its the journey which is more important than the destination....
......And for such people the movie is worth it , for it does keep you engaged and engrossed till the end as the investigation gets interesting and springs up new facts....

But the end is rather disappointing , and so for some people the journey through the movie may not be worth it.....

I for one found one fact interesting---that the culprit had escaped.....

......Escaped into the mists of space and time.....

And how I wondered if I could do the same.....be free from the consequences of the actions I had done in my lifetime , be free from the responsibilities thrust upon me , free from the burdens of the world.....free to roam without being weighed by anything.....
And if I could do so even for a brief time , I dont mind if it is the last time I do anything---the last act.....

Verdict---good presenting style of the movie but ending falls flat.....not great.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles