Country flag

ashdoc

Country flag
Ha Ha Ha....will review it if I get the chance :thumb:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Ram Rahim Arrives On Bike in Gurgaon, Film Premiere Delayed: 10 Developments

Ram Rahim, who heads the Dera Sacha Sauda, a sect in Haryana, told thousands of adoring fans and followers gathered in MSG T shirts at the Leisure Valley ground, a large Gurgaon park used for exhibitions and conventions, that the film-makers are yet to receive a written order certifying the film for release.

At the venue, posters announced a January 18 release for the film. Ram Rahim said he is already considering a sequel to the film which has triggered protests in towns and cities across north India, including Delhi.

Members of the Punjab party Shiromani Akali Dal protested outside the BJP headquarters in Delhi, demanding a ban on the film, which has been cleared by the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal. The Akali Dal is an ally of the ruling BJP and participates in the government at the Centre.

In Gurgaon, the police made preventive detentions fearing clashes between the Dera chief's followers and protesters. In Amritsar in Punjab, the Rapid Action Force held flag marches to maintain law and order.

Sikh groups are objecting to what they call the film's "glorification" of the Dera leader, who has several criminal cases against him. They have also alleged that Ram Rahim's dialogues in the trailers of the film are provocative and appear to challenge Sikhs.

The film, which features Ram Rahim in bejewelled costumes riding motorbikes and sending bad guys flying, has prompted the chief of the Censor Board Leela Samson to quit, citing government interference. Another Board member Ira Bhaskar has also resigned.

Ms Samson, an acclaimed classical dancer, has protested that the film was cleared for release despite the board finding it "not suitable for public viewing." The film was then referred to the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal, which cleared the film, only asking producers to drop two words from it.

The government has denied any interference in the film's approval by the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal. "The final call lies with the tribunal and its decision should be accepted by all," Rajyavardhan Rathore, the junior minister for Information and Broadcasting, told reporters today.

Ram Rahim said today that he has no idea why the censor board had a problem with his film. The film-makers argue that far from being unsuitable, "MSG" fights alcoholism and drug addiction, and extols the virtues of celibacy and a vegetarian diet.

The movie's trailer, which has racked up more than 2 million views on YouTube, shows Ram Rahim glaring at evildoers before scattering them with his fists. Mobbed by thousands of doting disciples, he struts and sings like a Bollywood hero. The film, shot in 67 days, will be released in four languages.

ashdoc

Country flag
Ashdoc's movie review---

The baba ( religious leader ) of the 21st century !!

The baba who wears outlandishly fashionable clothes , sports reflective goggles over his eyes , goes cycling like an olympian followed by a camera on a mini helicopter....

The baba who dances in rhythm with psychedelic music in rock shows amid flashy multicoloured lighting and laser lights....

The baba who organizes rubaru nights where his followers dance the night away to the beats of modern music...

The baba who does not ask women to stay indoors but instead trains them in martial arts to face the dangers of outdoor life....

The baba who wants the law to recognize the rights of eunuchs and call them transgenders....

The baba who goes into brothels to liberate prostitutes and then marries them to young men in order to rehabilitate them....

The baba who sings like a rock star in concerts where his followers wear trendy clothes....

The only thing that was missing in the rock concert was the alcohol and the drugs....

...For the baba is against alcohol and drugs big time and exclusively forbids it.....

And he organizes programmes where his followers renounce these intoxicants totally....

And it is the renouncing of these intoxicants that angers the drug mafia , which decides to kill him....

And the drug mafia hires a foreign killer who attempts to assassinate the baba....

But the baba is a messenger of almighty god !! and he has divine powers that can thwart those attempts....

Sharp weapons turn into rose petals when confronted with the power of this baba , and poisonous gas evaporates away....

But the drug mafia has another ace up it's sleeve---it's a suicide bomber living in the baba's camp trained to explode and finish off the baba...and the identity of this bomber is unknown....

So who is this suicide bomber ?? Is it the stunningly beautiful and tall blue eyed blonde who has come to film the baba's miracles from a foreign land and has become so mesmerized by the baba that she has become not only an indispensable part of his entourage but also is being called by the baba as his daughter....all the while interrupting my precious sleep with dreams of her heart stopping beauty and luscious red lips and the softness of her smooth white skin and slim body....

And can the suicide bomber succeed in her mission ?? More importantly , does the baba care about that ?? Does a baba who claims to be nothing more than a fakir ( religious beggar ) bother about something as fickle as his own life on earth ?? Watch the movie for the answers....

The movie can be enjoyed only if you utterly suspend your sense of belief , for the baba uses his divine powers to to the most impossible things---like flying his motorcycle in the air , using magic to put electric current on doors to prevent goons from breaking them , fighting hundreds of armed men singlehandedly , and knowing the identity of the suicide bomber from the start !!

And the baba forgives all those try to harm him , not killing a single one of them but trying to win them with love....

So I suspended my own sense of belief and disbelief and saw the film---with happy results....

I discovered that once you suspend your own sense of belief you enter a zone close to nirvana....and you begin to enjoy the unbelievable things that occur in the film ; things that occur only in the realm of illusion and magic.---of the baba doing impossible stunts and unimaginable things....

But hadn't the ordinary Indian fan already discovered this nirvana long before I did....?
How else would I try to reconcile with fans liking Salman Khan's nonsensical antics in film after film and Rajanikanth's superfantastic stunts...?

If fans could like Rajanikanth throwing a knife at a bullet fired at him and splitting the bullet into two and make the film a hit , then why should not I like this film ??
If fans could digest a scene where a bullet fired at Mithun Chakravarty's brain takes away his brain tumour and cures him of it , then why should not I like this film ?? Just because in this case the hero is a baba and we are supposed to scoff at babas ??

At least in this case the baba was loudly and shamelessly proclaiming his love for India flying the national flag in hand , unlike the khans who are busy making films where they make Indian girls fall in love with pakistanis....

Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insaan ( I hope I got the name right ) does make an impact with his bravura performance as heart and soul of the film , a performance which gets better and better with every passing frame....
The songs are foot tapping....
Sadly this is not matched by the editing of the film , which is rank sloppy .
Acting and performances by some of the cast are juvenile....
Some of the scenes are nonsensical....

But what caught my attention was the strong emphasis on the issue of rescue of prostitutes trapped in brothels and their remarriage to willing men in order to rehabilitate them ; it was ending the film on a strong emotional pitch---somewhere it tugged to my heart....

Of course , the film is without question made for clearcut self promotion . In that sense it can be called a long advertisement of the Dera Sacha Sauda cult rather than a real film .
But if I like what I saw , what can I do ??

Verdict---I enjoyed the film .
Three stars .

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
MSG review: Its messages are better than than those of most Bollywood films

by Rajyasree Sen Feb 14, 2015 ON FIRST POST

Que :--
First, "there was an apprehension that the film will evoke protests from Sikh organisations. The Ministry of Home Affairs said the tension between the Dera followers and Sikhs remain a flash point. An advisory as such has been sent to states that 'various Sikh organisations and individuals are opposing the movie on the ground that its release would disturb the communal harmony and law and order'."

Ans :-

In fact, the film has no mention of Sikhism other than for one lone shot of a kripan – which is used to kill one of the baddies – and a sardar (who is blurred) in one shot that shows people from different faiths. The reason why the Shiromani Akali Dal and other Sikh organisations are allegedly upset with Dera Sacha Sauda is because Singh "appeared in an attire similar to that of Guru Gobind Singh in 2007". Hey, they should see his outfits in this film. They'd be really upset then. There is not a moment in this film when he isn't dressed as a cross between Shakti Kapoor and Govinda of the early Nineties, with a touch of Barbara Cartland and Zandra Rhodes thrown in for good measure.
Que :- Second, the Censor Board felt that "the film was glorifying the Dera chief as a 'messenger of God', even as Ram Rahim faces cases such as mass castration".

Ans :- But based on this logic, neither the Munnabhai series nor Ek Tha Tiger nor Dabangg should have been released, going by the fact that both stars are more than glorified in the film and we all know what cases are filed against Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan.
Que :- Finally, "the Censor Board denied MSG a certificate saying it looked like a lengthy ad for the godman rather than a feature film".

Ans :- but so is every Salman Khan film where he simply plays the same character over and over again. No one seems to ban those.

So much fuss from leela samson and co resiging from borad on grounds that GoI interfers and got this flim cleared

Actually that chap is very clever .By introducing drugs and prostitution angle and its solution he has nullified attacks of akalis/ and others on him

If had BJP under pressure of akalis wont had provided clearnce certificate then that chap would had landed in court asking permisiion

Courts after seeing flims would had directed gov to allow for screening of flims .So smart move

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
@anoop_mig25, good article. The censor board under that worthless dance teacher Leela Samson seems to have been really worthless and good-for-nothing.

Going by what I read about the film, I don't think there is any reason to protest, let alone ban the film.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles