Ashdoc's movie review---Madras Cafe

HeinzGud

Country flag
Tamils had far bigger and far better superheros in the past. They don't need a third rate local goonda of Jaffana and ruthless killer to be idol worshipped as a hero. If you are a tamil, calling Prabhakaran superhero shows your lack of knowledge of rich Tamil heritage and its heros of History.
You can call me any name but the sad reality is that. Ask from Tamilian from Tamilnadu how they feel towards Prabhakaran. All may not see him as a superhero but the notorious serial killer is respected and loved by Tamilians.

Decklander

You can call me any name but the sad reality is that. Ask from Tamilian from Tamilnadu how they feel towards Prabhakaran. All may not see him as a superhero but the notorious serial killer is respected and loved by Tamilians.
I know that. I have served in that region for a short while and I know how hostile Tamils were to us for stopping LTTE from carrying supplies over to Jaffna.

Do you know that only two states were never ever conquered by muslim invaders including Monghuls. Ahom and Cholaraj, the present day Tamilnadu eventhough by then, most Rajput Kings of North India had joined hands with Monguls. SOOOOO, The Tamils defeated the combined might of Monghuls, Afgans, Turks, Uzbeks and Rajputs to remain Undefeated. Pls tell me which other state or group of people in India have such history to back them other than AHOM (Assam) and Tamilnadu? Do you still need super heros? You guys are Superheros.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
I am a Tamil from Tamil Nadu.

I have seen a fair number of Lankan refugees, my college mate was a Lankan himself.

Prabakaran is/was/will be nothing but a terrorist. Right from the moment he started blowing up innocent kids and women.

SPIEZ

Country flag
There is a lot of political clout in TN.

There are two main political agenda in TN.

1) Anti - Brahmin-ism and not anti -Caste-ism. Thee movement was originally started as an Anti - Caste /Religious movement. Howver spiralled into Anti- Brahmin Movement. However, this was only in the 50's & 60's.
Also the same members who supported Anti-Brahmin-ism were heavily caste oriented. For further information read about the Dalit oppression that recently happened in TN.

2) Lankan Tamil issue. It is to be noted that initially Tigers were considered as crusaders of Tamil. However afterwards the truth was unveiled. All politicians started tugging this line nowadays. Tamil issue is an important & rightfull issue but they way they portray Prabakaran as a hero is only for political clouts.

Incidentally the same person who started anti- brahmin movement started the support for Lankan Tamil movement. Most people from TN would understand what I am saying.

Decklander

I do agree that we need to stop LTTE from coming back but at the same time I do not accept SL taking our poor fishermen hostage and taking away their boats and nets. The IN must be deployed in force to stop it. If I say LTTE was wrong and have nothing to do with them as they were not Indians, Our fishermen are our citizens and anyone stopping them must face the full might of Indian armed forces. let not a single citizen go undefended.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Do you know that only two states were never ever conquered by muslim invaders including Monghuls. Ahom and Cholaraj, the present day Tamilnadu eventhough by then, most Rajput Kings of North India had joined hands with Monguls. SOOOOO, The Tamils defeated the combined might of Monghuls, Afgans, Turks, Uzbeks and Rajputs to remain Undefeated. Pls tell me which other state or group of people in India have such history to back them other than AHOM (Assam) and Tamilnadu? Do you still need super heros? You guys are Superheros.
:lol: First of all The Muslim invaders from north were not close proximity enemies for the Tamil kingdoms in South rather than the Rajput kingdoms. Also Muslim invaders were finally able to defeat The last major Hindu empire in South i.e. the Vijayanagar empire. The Muslim invaders even captured Madurai. Therefore I do not regard Tamil kingdoms in South as super powers or super heroes.

BTW I'm not a Tamil. I'm from Sinhale to the south of India.

SPIEZ

Country flag
:lol: First of all The Muslim invaders from north were not close proximity enemies for the Tamil kingdoms in South rather than the Rajput kingdoms. Also Muslim invaders were finally able to defeat The last major Hindu empire in South i.e. the Vijayanagar empire. The Muslim invaders even captured Madurai. Therefore I do not regard Tamil kingdoms in South as super powers or super heroes.

Yeah! That's easy to judge that you are not Tamil.

If I were in your shoes, I would shut the mouth when history starts. You're country's history is so messed kids gotta be readin the wrong thing.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Yeah! That's easy to judge that you are not Tamil.

If I were in your shoes, I would shut the mouth when history starts. You're country's history is so messed kids gotta be readin the wrong thing.
Yeah that is why Indian archeologist came running down to Sri Lanka decode the inscription on Ashoka's pillars. :lol:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Yeah that is why Indian archeologist came running down to Sri Lanka decode the inscription on Ashoka's pillars. :lol:
Err! No, That's because terrorists with primitive WW2 weapons were killing ur arse.

Oh! And btw Ashoka was from India. Thanks for reminding us nothing original came from Lanka anyways

HeinzGud

Country flag
Err! No, That's because terrorists with primitive WW2 weapons were killing ur arse.
Forgot about the IPKF...? :lol: At least we remember them.....

Oh! And btw Ashoka was from India. Thanks for reminding us nothing original came from Lanka anyways
Who cares as long as we have a place to call a country and homeland.

drkrn

I do agree that we need to stop LTTE from coming back but at the same time I do not accept SL taking our poor fishermen hostage and taking away their boats and nets. The IN must be deployed in force to stop it. If I say LTTE was wrong and have nothing to do with them as they were not Indians, Our fishermen are our citizens and anyone stopping them must face the full might of Indian armed forces. let not a single citizen go undefended.
the fisherman repeatedly fish in lankan waters causing anger to them what do you expect.
fault lies mainly from our side

drkrn

irrespective of your "regards" tamil is always a strong empire in history.cholas spreading their empire beyond their territories is an example.
@Decklander as far as i know tamil empire fell only to british,thats why you find excellent piece of artwork and temples

had it fallen to moghuls much of it must have been destroyed

Last edited by a moderator:

Decklander

Sinhalies share their DNA with Tamils and vice versa.

Decklander

irrespective of your "regards" tamil is always a strong empire in history.cholas spreading their empire beyond their territories is an example.
@Decklander as far as i know tamil empire fell only to british,thats why you find excellent piece of artwork and temples

had it fallen to moghuls much of it must have been destroyed
British knew the strength of Tamils so they started their campaign to conquer India from Madras Residency. That route to dominate India has been taken by only British and even in that they ensured that Travancore remained independent.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Forgot about the IPKF...? :lol: At least we remember them.....
IPFK was a PEace Keeping Force. Wanna try the same thing with Indian Army?

I suggest you read more about Indo-Pak wars. And PAkistani military ia way advanced than Lankas.

Who cares as long as we have a place to call a country and homeland.
Ah, yes! And all the very best for as long as you have it.

HeinzGud

Country flag
IPFK was a PEace Keeping Force. Wanna try the same thing with Indian Army?
Oh come on. After LTTE killed those para troops IPKF became the Indian Army. Nothing held them after that.

I suggest you read more about Indo-Pak wars. And PAkistani military ia way advanced than Lankas.
But still Indian Army got bogged down in Sri Lanka. :D

Decklander

Oh come on. After LTTE killed those para troops IPKF became the Indian Army. Nothing held them after that.

But still Indian Army got bogged down in Sri Lanka. :D
I have explained in detail what happenned in SL and how from India to US to SL govt are all are culprits in this game in my earlier posts. Finally SL suffered far more than what IPKF did and LTTE got what they deserved for going back on their promise of disarming its cadre.
I hope SL will remember that while they went back on their word, Indians stood by the agreement and it was the cutting off of supplies from India and open support to SL govt which resulted in that spectaculer victory of SL Army against LTTE.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles