Ashdoc's movie review---Khubsoorat

ashdoc

Country flag
Sonam Kapoor is the perfect material for livening up your dreary life !!

The shot of adrenaline that changes your mundane existence and brings back zest and vigor in your household !!

The livewire that livens up dead things bringing back the energy !!

But you got to be liberal with her to get all this....

For you have to listen to her endless yak yak around you....

And tolerate her bumping into everything in your house....

And also tolerate her unsophisticated behavior Punjabi style....

And also tolerate her Punjabi mom and her aggressive charm....

And also tolerate her boozing and getting drunk and falling asleep in the unlikeliest of situtations....

So what do you get in return for all the toleration ??

You get to watch and see a girl with real joie de vivre , a beauty with no brains but a heart of gold....

A cutie pie with loads of laughter and not an ounce of malice in her soul !!

A girl who may kiss you when she is drunk if she has set her heart on you....

And openly propose you without further ado---not a bashful babe is she....

I am waiting for somebody like Sonam Kapoor to come in my life---where is she ??

Well she is the heroine of this movie and I am unlucky because she has already chosen her hero---Fawad Khan....

And what a hero---all dapper and smart and intelligent and a gentleman....

He is the prince of a royal household in Rajasthan , and his family is the one which needs a desperate livening up....

For his father is grieving for his son whom he lost in an accident and has deliberately confined himself to his wheelchair....

And his mom is a dominatrix who believes in old customs of regulating her daughter's life with rules and restrictions.....

All stiffnecked people with a stiff attitude....

But not bad people really....

Just need someone to kickstart some action in their lives....

And help is on the way---for Sonam is coming as physiotherapist for treating Fawad's father's legs....

And her mother has openly asked her to try to get hitched to Fawad because he is too good a catch---not too coy are we....

So all that you have to do is to sit in your seat and watch Sonam's and her mother's antics in action....

And those antics lead to but one goal---fall in love....

But before that goal is reached we get to see some frivolous melodrama---of Sonam getting kidnapped and her prospective mother in law refusing to accept her and Fawad being forced to choose between Sonam and his soon to be ex fiancee.....all storm in a teacup really....

So is that goal reached ?? Do you even have to ask ??!!

Sonam Kapoor forms the heart of the film---but naturally , for the film is made by her father Anil Kapoor and is vehicle for showcasing her talent.....

And she does prove capable of lifting the entire film on her shoulders without feeling the weight....

Indeed she makes the weight seem so light....

And the whole film is lighthearted and without a touch of seriousness---no heavy dialogues and no real emotional scenes....

But some nice little entertainment....

If your expectations are not too high the film does deliver some timepass and some fun....

No villains come to disturb the fun and indeed there are no bad people in the film....

It's film that will be appreciated by the multiplex crowd....

But the small town audiences may not like the scenes of the heroine drinking and getting drunk....

But I being from the multiplex crowd , I liked it....

Verdict---Not great , but some full to timepass .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles