Ashdoc's movie review---Heropanti

ashdoc

Country flag
The jats of Haryana---stuck in the medieval age of caste and class and rules descended from ancient times.....

And also stuck in archaic marriage laws---of not marrying a person descended from the same gotra ( linage ) calling such a marriage marrying ones own brother and sister...

And the position of their women---not allowed to get education , to work in offices and sometimes not even allowed to live , for female infanticide is most common in Jatland....

Above all these rules are enforced by violence , by gangs of men roughing up any person daring to break the ancient codes and carrying out honour killings of those couples who dare to free themselves of the shackles of primitive bondage....

So when one woman ( jat headman Chaudhary's elder daughter) elopes with her lover in defiance of the barbaric mindset of honour , the jats unleash mayhem---they kidnap her and her husband's friends and keep them locked up among savage beatings hoping to force them to reveal the couple's whereabouts....

But they have made one mistake---big mistake....they have also kidnapped the Tiger Shroff ; and he is in one sided love with the Chaudhary's younger daughter( Kriti Sanon ) ---a cocktail for explosion , given the violence her kinsmen are likely to unleash if this fact becomes known to them....

But fortunately , we have hero fully capable of contending with violence , for he is a fighter himself---yeah Tiger Shroff can throw punches and kicks and somersaults like there is no tomorrow....
All the stunts and flying kicks he carries out are authentic , and can rival those of our very own desi Bruce Lee---Vidyut Jammwal....

Looks wise , Tiger's face has a feminine aura about it---and his appearance reminded one of Danny Denzogpa when he was young . Tiger in fact looks like he has arrived from the northeast or Ladakh....
And he has a chiseled hardened body with real muscles . He can dance okay---when he dances , he does not sway like other heroes but his whole body swings....

The girl he has fallen for---Kriti Shanon , the Chaudhary's younger daughter....She looks good enough , and I found myself staring and looking at her slim white waist with it's deliberately exposed navel---a treat for the eyes....

The movie has two dimensions in the first half---the Tiger dimension and the JAT dimension....
When Tiger is on the screen the background music is lighthearted and the proceedings frivolous---to the point where they seem like a farce....and Tiger doesn't have much acting talent....
But when the Chaudhary and his jats enter the screen , the mood of the film turns dark and sombre with sinister music and an atmosphere of violence....
And the two dimensions constantly overlap each other with alternate scenes of laughter and tension and tension and laughter---and the whole film looks corny for a while....

But the second half turns serious with Kriti discovering a new freedom in Tiger's company---freedom she has not had in her father's tradition bound household , freedom which makes her fall in love....

And as Chaudhary and his goons continue their search for Kriti's eloped elder sister and her husband wanting to finish their lives for sake of family honour , they have to face the storm unleash by Kriti's newfound love for Tiger and it's consequences....

But what about the millennia old customs and traditions of the land ?? What about the father's ( Chaudhary's ) love for his daughters ?? His missing them after their elopement ?? What about the fact that he cares for them deeply and wants the best for them ?? What about the fact the daughters' husbands cannot keep them in the luxury the father gave them and that hurts the father deeply ?? After having raised them for years and given them guidance does the father have no say in their future ??

So can a compromise be worked out between the aspirations of youth and the wisdom of old age ?? Are the lovers right or is Chaudhary's stand correct?? Watch the movie for the answers....

The movie is not so great in the first half but gives us some emotion in the second half , and I found myself interested....

Music is decent enough and I found myself humming some of the film's songs....

The movie gives a menacing impression of Jats in the first half but softens up towards them in the second . Acting by everyone is not fantastic--It can be called okay though .

Verdict---Decent .

ashdoc

Country flag
movie is not being liked anywhere and i am at the receiving end of brickbats . i guess i got it wrong and am warning others that you may not like it .

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
X-Men review:

Quite disappointing if you are in for Action or thrill. Wolverine or any of the mutants have very little action (nearly, zero) to perform. They end up getting killed everytime by the Sentinels, who look menacing in the beginning but cheap imitations of Iron Men-2 towards the end.

There is a detailed plot & many sub-plots within. But, the basic concept has been shamelessly borrowed from 40 years old Terminator.

Could have been made so much better, but not everyone can be a Chris Nolan, Zack Snyder or Wachowski Bros.

Verdict: Forget it. Screw it.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Godzilla Review:

Again, very interesting & engaging plot. Also, the special effects & sound track is thrilling. But, a BIGGG but...it is low on action. The fight sequences between Godzilla & MUTO are quite poorly executed & pathetically, lack imagination & craft. Not expected from a Hollywood production.

Nevertheless, the hero Godzilla is every bit the Hero of the movie, the savior of civilization. Looks like an imperial figure from pre-history & has a massive, commanding screen presence. Just watching Godzilla maneuver on screen is paisa-vasool stuff. Only one regret: Godzilla showed up only in the second half. We expected much more of him.

Verdict: One time watch

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles