Ashdoc's movie review---Gangs of wasseypur part 2

ashdoc

Country flag
In my review of Gangs of Wasseypur part one I had said that the movie goes awn and awn and awn ( on and on and on ).....

After seeing part two I wish it really went awn and awn and oooonnn......

For in part two director Anurag truely delivers.....and how......he delivers by delivering the killer punch.....

If you want to see and indeed understand the meaning of true and real bloodletting you should see the scene in which Faizal Khan kills Ramadhir Singh.....

......And if you want to see what real action means you should watch the whole movie.....

And if you want to see how an actor comes of age you should watch the performance of Nawazuddin Siddiqiue as Faizal Khan in this film.....

If people like Nana Patekar ( in Parinda ) and Manoj Bajpai ( in Satya ) thought that only they could act like real gangsters then they would better watch their backs.....for they have real competition in Nawazuddin......

And if writers of english dictionaries thought that they had completed recording the meaning of words then they better watch the film.....
So what does tangent mean.....??
When a guy has a habit of cutting up a person with a blade in a angle that forms a tangent to his body he is called tangent....
And what does perpendicular mean ???
Simple....when a guy uses his blade to cut up a person in an angle that is perpendicular to his body he is known as perpendicular....
And what does definite mean ??
When a guy has a definite goal to kill someone he is called definite.....

What does Kashmiri sev mean ??
While you were thinking about it , it just exploded.....
Abey ghonchu , its a bomb made by terrorists in Kashmir....

And new proverbs come to light....
For example---jaisaa loha lohey ko kaat-taa hai waisey ------- chutiye ko kaat-taa hai....wah wah

And new dialogues come to light too....
For example----Tumharey barey mey jail mey sochtey sochtey mere haath thak gaye....( English meaning---my hands were tired thinking and lusting for you in jail.....think masturbation )

The director pays the ultimate tribute to hindi songs---every funeral procession ( and needless to say there are many funerals ) has accompanying it man singing a sad and famous hindi film song as a tribute to the dead person .....so funny !!

......And every time a mobile rings its ringtone is another famous hindi film song of yore.....the director seems to have lived and breathed hindi films all his life....

But what takes the cake is the sound of bullets banging into bodies , into doors and windows , into walls......bullets fired first from pistols in the earlier part of the movie and then graduating to automatic rifles and then to Israeli Uzis......bullets whose bang bang sound is sweet music to the ears of a aficionado of slam bang action especially in a theater equipped with digital sound.....

But it all ultimately has to end in death---death for many of the characters in the film including females....
......For people who live by the gun die by the gun.....and a story of revenge and gore is to end in a pool of blood.....

But wait !!!....the new generation of killers has been born in this movie....wait till they grow up....just wait.....For who knows....a third edition of the film will work wonders for my aching heart.....

Verdict----calling all the die hard action movie lovers....this one is a must see.....

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
i wanna read your review . . .but i wonder if it contains spoilers . Sadly i didn't watch Part 1 . . .Is Part1 essential to appreciate part 2 ?

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Asish......I enjoyed part one more .... there were more humours to breath in between never ending violence. But, the whole movie Part 1 and 2 is a must watch....Only problem I think is so many characters come and go- people tend to get confused. You just start thinking a new character is going to be significant in the movie- he is dead or maimed. However, we can condone it as it is based on real story.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles