Ashdoc's movie review---Bahubali the conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

salute

this is a hilarious vid. watch with earphones (HIGHLY AGREE with author on 'lowe', my longheld pet peeve & grouse; mann ki baat kah di meri bhai ne, by god!):

yeah exactly the point me talked about , why would indian movie makers should spend money on movie budget or work at creativity at movies if they could make money by feeding garbage to indian audience ,
and indian people adore the bs for the name of nationalism .

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
when me told to others not to watch it ,

non sense is not epic .
Listen bro, just because you find some aspects in a movie that you do not like does not mean that you hate the entire movie. Baahubali is not nonsense. Films like Border are nonsense. Do not hate on Baahubali just because its got an unprecedented hype.
The same people who complain about exaggeration and lack of logic in Bahubali would go gaga over the same things in fantasy/scifi like lotr and star wars. Massa be great, we be coolies.
Again, I hate when my comments are misconstrued as something they are not. I am not a fan of Hollywood epics like Star Wars, Star Trek or Fast and Furious :laugh: either. I am more of an anime guy.
I am however a fan of movies like The imitation game, The boy in the striped Pajamas, etc. Maybe I am not a fan of epics..........but I do not think of myself who would not like epics. I actually love the goosebumbps I got from watching Baajirao Mastani and Baahubali, simply for the cinematography. I found the action to be cool, but the execution of some shots irked me. It made the action scenes look unrealistic. Now, I am yet to watch Baahubali 2, but I am definitely not happy with one particular scene in the trailer where it looks like they fukd up the CGI. But that does not make me not appreciate the rest of the movie. In fact, I love this epic piece. I am just pointing out a few points to make it better. If the plot was a little more complex, if there was a little subtlety and foreshadowing, if there was a little more focus on plot logic, I would appreciate the movie even more. The music is epic, the acting and cinematography is excellent. The CGI is good, though a few problems exist.

If you are a fan of anime series like Attack on Titan, you will understand what I mean about thickness of plot and foreshadowing. Subtlety part is something that I want included even though its not usually native to the genre.

If you are not a fan of anime series, subtlety and realism can still be gleaned from series like Band of Brothers.

Now a lot of these problems exist because the points I find lacking will most likely be missed by most of the audience in India. Remember Madras Cafe? Try asking a person if he would rather watch The imitation game or Fast and Furious. Most people would answer Fast and furious (even though that movie has killed logic, buried it, exhumed it and then cremated it, collected the ashes and buried it again). So movie creators in India, who are driven primarily by ticket sales in the domestic market have no incentive in creating such movies. And when they do, the subtleties are missed entirely.
If you don't like to watch an epic movie then there are plenty of other genres to choose from.

Meanwhile others will watch B2

--------------------------------
# Remembering B1 Tamil

And special for @Srinivas_K :)
Even I will watch Baahubali 2. Its just that I am not the sort of guy who forms his opinion based on the hype. I found some good points in the movie and some points where I felt that it lacked and could do better. Since everyone in this thread had already mentioned the good points, I was left with only the bad points to write about. If you watch anime, then you must understand that I did not buy Death Note hype after I found plot holes in it.

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
another point to add is that over exaggerated epicness ,

exaggeration at every scene to present it as an epic and that is bs ,

south indian war movies are something like chinese war movies .
Wow so I suppose Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hur, Gladiator, The last Samurai, Troy, Cleopatra and 300 among many more didn't have any exaggeration. Okay :hail:

Or there is another more logical explanation that you swallow Angrezi BS easily just like most confused desi.

Don't even get me started in stuff like pushing away earthbound meteors with only their taaqat and aauqat.

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
So your issue is a nonsensical movie has crossed 1000 Crores ...well who stopped someone from making a a no nonsense movie which can easily cross 3000 Crores ..Remember nonsense movies need not have to be watched in theatre in age of digital leaks only some sensible movies attract people to spend their money to watch it in theatre ..

Well i would like to know which movies according to you were sensible ???
Thala, freea vidunga. I remember that fellow lost his sh1t when the government said they would erect a statue of Chatrapathi Shivaji. As usual, he went on about how that money could benefit the poor, schools, Hospitals yada yada yada. Your time would be better spent elsewhere

@Razor @OneGrimPilgrim @ezsasa

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
First of all Hollywood science fiction movies also took inspiration from indian science fiction movie concepts, read about "Kaadu" of 1952 and "The Alien" of 1960,

Second Hollywood movies are also copies of original concepts e.g. take entire Avenger series and individual movies based on Comics and full of idiotic exaggeration. But that's not a point since we go to the theatre to get entertained and not to apply logic.

Bahubali didn't have any imagined creature, yet managed to entertain people. The bollywood which through Khans and Dons was trying to instill "sickular" bluffs through idiotic movies and hatred for Hindus silently is at shock now, I am sure they will try to make a movie with a Muslim King's story with big budget and again start sickular anti Hindu propaganda.

But good directors must continue such work, I am going watch B2 again today with a friend who has already watched the movie 3 times.

salute

Wow so I suppose Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hur, Gladiator, The last Samurai, Troy, Cleopatra and 300 among many more didn't have any exaggeration. Okay :hail:
first understand that ,

me did not praised any hollywood movie on this thread ,

me did not even compared any hollywood movie with bahubali on this thread ,

its actually first razor and dhanajay1 then captscooby and then you ,
who lost your marbles over criticizing of bahubali , :laugh::laugh::laugh:
and keep going on and on about hollywood movies ,

so how many hollywood movies you people want to scrap to defend one over exaggerated movie called bahubali ,

maybe you people dont understand why this movie is exaggerating a lot , lol ,

and other thing for you to learn is that hollywood movies got its own critics ,
criticizing bahubali is not a topic of inferiority complex and neither should praising it becomes topic of nationalism ,

if indian movie industry is so great then why they copy a lot of scenes from hollywood and why not do their own work .

salute

First of all Hollywood science fiction movies also took inspiration from indian science fiction movie concepts, read about "Kaadu" of 1952 and "The Alien" of 1960,
okay lets say hollywood did took some inspiration from india but how many science fiction movie india made until now and how many hollywood makes ???

Second Hollywood movies are also copies of original concepts e.g. take entire Avenger series and individual movies based on Comics and full of idiotic exaggeration. But that's not a point since we go to the theatre to get entertained and not to apply logic.
again , not defending hollywood other than you guys keep bring up hollywood topic ,
but if you think that avengers is an exaggeration then you are not understanding that avengers movie is a marvel superhero comic book adaptation ,
and avengers movies are made by marvel comics themselves
, lol ,
and so of course its work of imagination ,

but the hollywood works a lot harder than the indian movie industry for making those ' exaggerations ' ,

Bahubali didn't have any imagined creature, yet managed to entertain people. The bollywood which through Khans and Dons was trying to instill "sickular" bluffs through idiotic movies and hatred for Hindus silently is at shock now, I am sure they will try to make a movie with a Muslim King's story with big budget and again start sickular anti Hindu propaganda.

But good directors must continue such work, I am going watch B2 again today with a friend who has already watched the movie 3 times.
a lot of indian movies also didnt got any imagined creature if that the definition of creativity for indian movie industry ,
and hatred for hindus through movies is different topic for movies .

salute

Thala, freea vidunga. I remember that fellow lost his sh1t when the government said they would erect a statue of Chatrapathi Shivaji. As usual, he went on about how that money could benefit the poor, schools, Hospitals yada yada yada. Your time would be better spent elsewhere

@Razor @OneGrimPilgrim @ezsasa
lol , non sense person go back to that thread and read again then you gonna understand its you and others who were losing their sh*t all over that thread on the topic of building shivajis statue , :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and it was actually me who was defending the building of that shivajis statue ,

like always you make no sense and keep saying false bs ,
maybe because then you watched bahuabli 1 and now bahubali 2 many times , :laugh::laugh::laugh:
yeah , and you better go and spend your time somewhere else before me go hercules on you , but me dont want trouble with mods ,

so why dont you and others get together and go for another show of bahubali and dont forget to sing bahubali song or keep shouting bahubali - bahubali all the way to the theaters . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
okay lets say hollywood did took some inspiration from india but how many science fiction movie india made until now and how many hollywood makes ???

again , not defending hollywood other than you guys keep bring up hollywood topic ,
but if you think that avengers is an exaggeration then you are not understanding that avengers movie is a marvel superhero comic book adaptation ,
, lol ,

but the hollywood works a lot harder than the indian movie industry for making those ' exaggerations ' ,

a lot of indian movies also didnt got any imagined creature if that the definition of creativity for indian movie industry ,
Comparison between Indian cinema and Hollywood is apples and oranges, the growth patterns are not the same.

Before titanic and Jurassic park were made, Hollywood did not fully utilise the global marketing phenomenon. Only when they saw that potential in global marketing, they started making more and more complex CGI oriented movies.

Hollywood also makes hundreds of crappy movies every year, major hit Hollywood franchises did not start as movies in the first place. They are making money on an existing fan base.

Indian cinema on the other hand was not allowed to grow beyond a certain limit, for the most part because of the economic policies of the country. Ever since economic liberalisation, money made by highest grossers kept doubling and tripled every 3 years or so, you can check the wiki page of highest grossing Indian movies.

From 30 crore highest grosser in early 90's to now 1200 crore highest grosser in 2017, that not bad trajectory.

salute

Listen bro, just because you find some aspects in a movie that you do not like does not mean that you hate the entire movie. Baahubali is not nonsense. Films like Border are nonsense. Do not hate on Baahubali just because its got an unprecedented hype.
bahubali is just a topic of disscussion , me actually criticizing the whole indian movie making culture .

salute

Comparison between Indian cinema and Hollywood is apples and oranges, the growth patterns are not the same.

Before titanic and Jurassic park were made, Hollywood did not fully utilise the global marketing phenomenon. Only when they saw that potential in global marketing, they started making more and more complex CGI oriented movies.

Hollywood also makes hundreds of crappy movies every year, major hit Hollywood franchises did not start as movies in the first place. They are making money on an existing fan base.
totally agree ,

Indian cinema on the other hand was not allowed to grow beyond a certain limit, for the most part because of the economic policies of the country. Ever since economic liberalisation, money made by highest grossers kept doubling and tripled every 3 years or so, you can check the wiki page of highest grossing Indian movies.

From 30 crore highest grosser in early 90's to now 1200 crore highest grosser in 2017, that not bad trajectory.
but the small budget of indian movies is also very big excuse for the repetition of same bs at indian movies .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
totally agree ,

but the small budget of indian movies is also very big excuse for the repetition of same bs at indian movies .
If we step back and take a birds eye view of things, as the life styles of people became sophisticated the movies also changed them selves to cater the sophisticated audience in India.

We are now at 40-60, urban rural divide, were at 20-80 in 90's.

Making low budget movies happen all over the place, even in Hollywood. It's the success and quality of big budget movies that need to be scrutinised.

A chauhan

Country flag
I said that India is not unknown place for science fiction movies.

, lol ,
Yet they are exaggerated, ain't they ?
More money more work, compare the budget. In less budget Indian cinema works more, and wins ratio wise.

That's not the definition, I also am not defending Bollywood rather I am a hard core critic of Bollywood, they are just bunch of idiots infested with Islamic mind set. Yet some of them are good.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
@OneGrimPilgrim @Razor @captscooby81
Matrix also draws heavily from ghost in the shell. I highly recommend it. Hollywood ghost in the shell was bullcrap
Bro even I want to watch Ghost in the Shell, but I have no idea which one to start from. There are so many different titles for that anime.

Krusty

Country flag
Bro even I want to watch Ghost in the Shell, but I have no idea which one to start from. There are so many different titles for that anime.
The order is ghost in the shell (season 1) > GIS standalone complex laughing man movie (if you get hold of your it) > GIS stand alone complex series (season 2) > GIS individual eleven animated movie (if you get your hands on it) > GIS second gig (series season 3) > GIS solid state society (s4)

The animated movies an be watched in the middle of the respective Seasons.

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
Listen I am not going to discuss more. This thread was created for people who watched the movie and what their views if you didn't liked the movie you should just stay away simply coming here and using the same sickular liberal taqiyya of FOE and then created so much verbal diarrhoea was not required . You said India movies are nonsense fair enough who ask you to watch it . If you have so much hurt put your creativity and make a movie which will tick all the rights boxes for someone like you . I didn't started about Hollywood you given comparison between indian and Hollywood so I picked some samples . Not everyone get mental stimulation seeing DC and Marvel sadly when I was in that age India had no access of those marvel boys so I really don't get any wow seeing any of those movies . I still remember how you cried in another thread when khulbhushan Jadhav was mentioned as Yadav I appreciate you great Maratha spirit which made you relentless troll that thread untill the name got changed . So if you have energy to troll plz go to other thread . I won't be replying you anymore in this thread . Salute

Edit: I am yet to watch Bahubali both the parts so I was not defending the movie or stupid nationalism as per you .I am just trying to understand what were you trying to crib about .

first understand that ,

me did not praised any hollywood movie on this thread ,

me did not even compared any hollywood movie with bahubali on this thread ,

its actually first razor and dhanajay1 then captscooby and then you ,
who lost your marbles over criticizing of bahubali , :laugh::laugh::laugh:
and keep going on and on about hollywood movies ,

so how many hollywood movies you people want to scrap to defend one over exaggerated movie called bahubali ,

maybe you people dont understand why this movie is exaggerating a lot , lol ,

and other thing for you to learn is that hollywood movies got its own critics ,
criticizing bahubali is not a topic of inferiority complex and neither should praising it becomes topic of nationalism ,

if indian movie industry is so great then why they copy a lot of scenes from hollywood and why not do their own work .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I'm quite late for reviewing BB2 (have been busy due to various reasons...f**k man,i miss my childhood days...growing up is scary:crying:)so i'd put it as brief as i can.

What i like bout BB2:
-Visuals are Stunning.
-music (i literally became teary when Rajmata shivgami ordered bahubali sr. to leave Mahishmati castle and 'Jay Jaykara' song started playing...Hats off to Kailash kher.)
-Action (the Trikand fight scene where bahubali and devsena pierced many opponents is my favourite from the movie)
-Acting...especially Anushka Shetty's as Devsena.

What i think needed to happen in the movie:
-Story should've ended at the point where 'Why katappa killed bahubali?' was answered and next episode should be all about how bahubali jr. takes revenge with some events taking place like Katappa+Avanthika giving training to Mahendra,they plan to Infiltrate Mahishmati Castle and so on.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
-Story should've ended at the point where 'Why katappa killed bahubali?' was answered and next episode should be all about how bahubali jr. takes revenge with some events taking place like Katappa+Avanthika giving training to Mahendra,they plan to Infiltrate Mahishmati Castle and so on.
Even I felt the same.

The final act felt very very rushed. The characterization of son was completely lost due to this.
Wish it was made a third part, would have been awesome.

A chauhan

Country flag
One more thing to note, B2 has not been released in the Pakistan yet !!!! And is about to earn 1500 cr.

SSR has proved that you can earn without releasing movies in Pakistan. See Khans get some self respect dudes.:dude:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles