Asaduddin Owaisi to Mohan Bhagwat: I will not chant ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Kshatriya87, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-bhagwat-i-will-not-chant-bharat-mata-ki-jai/

AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi has said he will not chant ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai,’ comments that came against the backdrop of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat’s suggestion that the new generation needs to be taught to chant slogans hailing mother India.

“I don’t chant that slogan. What are you going to do, Bhagwat sahab,” Owaisi said, at a public rally in Udgir tehsil of Latur district on Sunday.

“I won’t utter that (slogan) even if you put a knife to my throat,” Owaisi said, amid loud applause by the crowd.

“Nowhere in the Constitution it says that one should say: Bharat Mata ki Jai,” he said.

On March 3, Bhagwat had said the new generation needs to be taught to chant slogans hailing mother India, comments which came against the backdrop of the row over alleged anti-India sloganeering on the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) campus.

“Now the time has come when we have to tell the new generation to chant ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ (hail mother India). It should be real, spontaneous and part of all-round development of the youth,” the RSS chief had said.

Owaisi said he will “continue to support” the family of Ishrat Jahan

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Blackwater and Lions Of Punjab like this.
  3. Kshatriya87

4. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

let him speak ..
    Bharat Mata ki Jai is not a compulsory component of nationalism..But yes it just shows your emotion for your land. Muslims do not believe in the concept of nationalism and country, specially in south Asia.

They have been fooled by their masters in Iran and Saudi Arab, which use these goats and sheep for executing their foreign policy in South Asia.

Hindus have come out of Gulami, but these Muslims who are born in the subcontinent are still under the suppression of Arab and Iranian supremacy

5. Superdefender

Superdefender Regular Member

Well, I know he is talking like this purposely. "Bharatmata ki jai" is not necessarily an essential aspect of nationalism. Like @Screambowl said, it indicates your love for your country. What Owaisi said is not violation of freedom of speech unlike the speech by JNU students. I am sad to hear his speech, but I can't call him antinational for that. He can give whatever speech he wants. I am okay as long as he says like this (though unpleasant to hear), but I can't remain silent if chants something like - "Pakistan Jindabaad" or "Bharat ki 100 tukde karenge".

6. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Bharat Mata Ki Jay bolna hamare Sanskar hai, constitution doesn't have everything to make you a nationalist or make you to love your country, it's you who need to understand and behave like that, if you can't nobody can help you but we can pity you and exercise our own rights to call you as an antinational.

Vishwarupa and maomao like this.
  7. sasum

sasum Atheist but not Communists. Senior Member

I may add Asaduddin's warped mind thinks he is the direct descendant of Asif Jah dynasty (Nizam of Hyderabad) and therefore rightful ruler of Hyderabad which was illegally annexed by India. Why should he say "Bharatma ki Jai"?

maomao likes this.
  8. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Oh, he will shout 'Bharat mata ki jai' once someone sits on his chest holding a knife on his throat.

But, I just watched a vid where cops thew out Vajrang Dal activists from outside a Garva place where they were checking for muslims. This is what our constitution has done. The constitution was made to weaken the Hindus who had risen with nationalistic fervour during Independence and far greater after the partition. The constitution under the garb of secularism seem to be doing only one thing and that is eroding the strength of Hindus and unity of Hindus. The day the pussicats in the constituent assembly failed to give Vande Matram as oyr national anthem, the day was the day Hindus bargained away their rights and that still continues.

That is why we got effete RSS and its eunuch child BJP as Hindu representative.

9. sasum

sasum Atheist but not Communists. Senior Member

I respect your view. Although Muslim, you put nationality above religion. India is a civilisation not a theosophical State like Vatican & Saudi. India is a confluence of Hinduism, Buddhism, Xtianity, Islam, Sikhism etc. Bharat Mata may be Sikh to Sardars, xtian to xtians and so on. To that extent, Mohan Bhagwat's suggestion is frivolous.

10. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

All this bravado is not because these kind have the guts to challenge..but they trust the Hindu constitution that no harm will come to them.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  11. Nuvneet Kundu

Nuvneet Kundu Senior Member Senior Member

That's okay, everyone deserves what they get. If Hindus still don't learn despite the availability of overwhelming evidence that points to the doom of Hinduism if counter-measures aren't taken, then Karma will take care of them.

What are your thoughts about Swamy's VHS? He seems to be building a new party, do you think he will quit BJP to context in TN as an independent candidate or context 2019 LS election? what's going on here?

12. Screambowl

a new faction to counter adarsh liberals and commies through intellect..

13. Screambowl

Modi has won only because of religious support. Development, economy.. etc is not the primary cause of his 283 seats historic win in LS elections.

He has to deliver if he wants to win again in 2019. Otherwise he may lose the count in LS. People see him highly nationalist and down to earth. He has to show what has been done. Otherwise, people will soon change their mind.

14. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

At east he is honest to the public unlike others who boast of nationalism and do back-stabbing nation behind the screen.

15. Kshatriya87

Shiv Sena tells him 'Go to Pakistan'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-him-Go-to-Pakistan/articleshow/51403423.cms

Senior Shiv Sena leader and minister Ramdas Kadam said Owaisi should go to Pakistan if he doesn't want to say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'.

"I have asked Maharashtra government to take action against him," Kadam said.

BJP leader and Finance minister Sudhir Mungantiwar said the local administration will examine Owaisi's statement and the government will then take appropriate action.

Ratan Sharda, author and RSS ideologue, accused Owaisi of playing politics on national feelings and asked, "If you say I love my mother then what is the problem."

BJP leader Siddharth Nath Singh also accused Owaisi of trying to provoke nationalist sentiments, describing his statement as "highly condemnable".

16. Kshatriya87

More than anything, Owaisi hates RSS, sees it as a Hindu extremist org and wants to see it wiped off the face of the earth.

Even if he does say that slogan, he woud defy RSS whenever he gets a chance. That's why he got votes in the first place.

The problem is, Modi got votes for a purpose but he is not doing everything that is expected of him. Given a chance, Owaisi will do everything that his vote banks wants him to do.

17. Superdefender

Superdefender Regular Member

@sasum, I am confused by your post. Are you reminding me that Owaisi is a muslim or calling yourself a muslim? Are you in favor of my post or against it?

18. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

He is not the representative of muslims in India, even though he may think so. His candidates got routed in Bihar and he is busy licking his wounds.

As @Yusuf has pointed out many times, why does the media give him so much space and time. I guess business and journalistic ethics come a distant second to TRPs.

There is a you tube video of his in Pakistan where he comes across as a very nationalistic person.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  19. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

Chal bhai fir Vande Matarm, Hindustan Zindabad vagarah hi bol de.:dude:
    Nahin toh yahan se dafa ho ja.
    You're not alone Muslim in India.
    We have plenty of patriotic minorities who are ready to chant any slogan for India or ready to get slaughter any time. :D

20. Kshatriya87

He needs to be taken seriously not because of his vote bank but because he can act like Jinnah if he wants.

If you remember, Jinnah's Muslim league also did not get too many votes for him to become a leader. Most Muslims voted for their local parties. Helpless and defeated he called for direct action day to unify Muslims just and just because he wanted power as a leader.

Owaisi too can call out and massive riots can follow if he wants. Although further splitting of this nation is not going to happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

21. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

My tweets on this since last eve incl tagging Owaisi

https://twitter.com/yusufdfi/status/709406340385349632

https://twitter.com/yusufdfi/status/709406999096655873

https://twitter.com/yusufdfi/status/709587635501596672

https://twitter.com/yusufdfi/status/709435010927845377

https://twitter.com/yusufdfi/status/709435921326690304

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk