Arunachal: A plea to rest of the nation

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Tshering22, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

This is a very, very touching plea from our brothers and sisters in Arunachal Pradesh. Please watch. :india:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    maomao, hit&run, pmaitra and 5 others like this.
  3. niharjhatn

niharjhatn Regular Member

I'll probably post this on utube comments as well...

but I think its a calamity that such a video even needs to be made! If other Indians start actively engaging with this area and its (their own!) people, the politicians will take notice which will lead to greater integration, resulting in less ambiguity and only greater pride!

btw did you make this Tshering?

4. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Thanks a lot for this video . Really inspiring and a tight slap to chinese who think that whole India belong to them.

5. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

No its not me but an Arunachali person I know through a friend, who took the effort. Do you know the students Union who went protesting to Delhi and held a meeting with that not-so-Singh? The maker of this video is one of the top members of Arunachal student's association. I don't know him personally but on visiting a group and asking a friend, I got the link for this video.

6. sukhish

sukhish Senior Member Senior Member

arunachal deson't need indianness certificate

Hell,
    northeast states don't need certificate of being part of india from the rest of the other indian states. it's really depressing to see that the situation has gone to such an extent that people are making videos to show there loyalty to the country.

7. chex3009

chex3009 Regular Member

We wouldn't fight them till death this time around, we'll kill them to death.

Are our babus so deaf that these voices go unheard somewhere in New Delhi???? Are they so dumb that they can't even speak for their own countrymen.

Feel proud of this video and its maker, True Indian in every sense.

We'll fight and we'll survive. Won't lose both our heavens (Arunachal, Kashmir) to our monstrous neighbours.

A touching video. Thanks for sharing Tshering22.

Tshering22 likes this.
  8. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Thank you Tshering22, it is inspiring and much more for my soul. You always bring a motivational item for us. We are all in this together. We have to stand hand in hand with our brothers and sisters of Arunachal Pradesh.

9. kickok1975

kickok1975 Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

It seems a half century old conflict is still a deep scar for some Indian during which they fought several wars at much bigger magnitude compare to this conflict. China is not going to invade your area in today’s world. Today’s India and China are different than 50 years ago and 60 billion and growing trade is too much thing at stake.
    People in Arunachal don’t have to show their loyalty to India by demonizing China. You look like Chinese doesn’t mean you have any relationship to China. As video says, you are Indian for generations, what’s the difference that divides you from other part of India is probably the most important factor you need be concerned.

10. sukhish

sukhish Senior Member Senior Member

kickok1975,
    I agree with you completely.

11. kickok1975

Thanks. I just want to point out a baby born in 1962 is almost a 50 year old man today. During this half century India and China no longer had any major conflict while mutual trade is flourishing and both countries are booming. But this video seems suggesting Chinese is going to invade and kill their people at any time which they need to fight till death
    I can understand the mistrust between both countries given some uncomfortable actions by government. But it doesn’t justify hatred and fear in that magnitude.

12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

If such a film has been made, it shows the deep dispair the people of Arunachal have that India will abandon them if China flexes her muscles adequately.

A sad commentary on the Govt of India and its bend over backwards to accomodate China.

This dispair is not only felt by the people of Arunachal, but by most people of the NE. It is as if they are 'out of sight, out of mind'.

It is time the moribund Indian Govt shakes out of their lethargy and do something so that this type of alienation is not felt by the people of the NE.

Their Indianess is of no doubt. I personally know the brother of the last CM of Arunachal, who is a senior Army officer. And to top it all, he is from the RIMC - the real nursury of the Indian Armed Forces!! He is more Indian than many of us.

A very apt video clip and a real wake up call for India and Indians.

SADAKHUSH and Singh like this.
  13. Ray

I don't think the video was any commentary on China or hate of China.

It was instead a scathing J'Accuse for the Indian Govt which appears to be pu.ssyfooting and moribund in addressing the issues of the NE to include Arunachal.

I am not commenting on the activities of China in these parts since it is only natural for China to further her national interest and strategy, but the way the Indian Govt has rolled over and played dead with the issues raised by the Chinese in these parts in pursing their national aim, does not auger well or speak of any resolve of the Indian Govt to pursue and further India's national aim, even if it is totally contrary to that of China.

Our Govt at times appears to be a surrogate of China in its policies!

If China can be insensitive to India's sensitivity, I find it asinine that India should be sensitive to China's sensitivity!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  14. kickok1975

The Video numerously mentioned China followed by patriotic posts by Indian members to against China. If it is not using China to show their patriotism toward India and to win Indian people’s sympathy, what this video about? I actually didn't find any thing in this video complaining about GOI.
    I just add my salt and comment about this video since I'm from the country that was demonized. It's probably a great video for you guys but a different taste to me.

15. Ray

You must understand the reason behind why the video, made by a person from Arunachal, has mentioned China.

The people of the NE, to include Arunachal, are very worried about the Indian Govt's commitment to them rather than any fear of China.

When China attacked in 1962, apart from other stupidities committed by the Govt of India, Nehru, the PM gave a statement that because the Chinese were nearly knocking at the Gates of Assam, having come down practically to the Foothills, his heart bled for the people of Assam!!!!

Imagine that his heart bled for the people of Assam and he just stood paralysed and metaphorically bleeding and was unable to do or think of ways to save the people of Assam and the areas captured by the Chinese!! In other word, saying 'Bye Bye, old chaps, Nice knowing you!"

Such was the lack of sentiment for the entity called India! Nehru did not show the same callousness when the Pakistani tribal and the Pakistan Army invaded Kashmir after Independence!

And now once again, the Govt of India is standing paralysed and making bleating noises like lost sheep when China claims Arunachal as 'South Tibet' or stapled visas or does not give visas to those of Arunachal because they are 'after all Chinese and so one does not give visas to their own countrymen!'

Therefore, it is good reason to fear, not China, but fear the Indian Govt since they are worried that they ,maybe once again abandoned with the Govt of India's heart bleeding metaphorically all the way into the Bay of Bengal!!

There is nothing to complain about your comments as a Chinese. You simply stated what any Chinese would state and where you score, is that you do not rave and rant and merely state the view with reasons!

SADAKHUSH likes this.
  16. kickok1975

Arunachal people definitely have their legitimate reason to plea to GOI. But China once again becomes scapegoat and some Indian members should understand the purpose of this video first before they throw bombs to China which was described as a monster. Even China is not your dearly friend, she doesn’t deserved to be used as tool for one group of Indian people to win GOI’s heart. Why not point out government wrong doings and unfairness at first place and show your frustration. This is a great video to raise Indian people’s attention for that certain area, but nevertheless caused further damage to already struggle Indo-China relationship which is probably most important bilateral relationship in 21st century Asia. If this video is posted on youtube, how many Indian people will become hater of China? Once again the "criminal" GOI will get away with it. Is it helpful?
    The unfortunate and absurd thing is: People just keep using a 50 year ago conflict again and again as if they will never get over it.

17. Ray

Kickok,

I understand your angst.

But you must also understand the angst of the people of Arunachal and of India.

If you claim Arunachal as 'South Tibet' and repeatedly give slights as pinpricks what do you expect?

Supposing Outer Mongolia makes a claim that Inner Mongolia is a part of Mongolia, will China take it lying down?

What was the war with the USSR over Ussuri River all about? It was only a small uninhabited island in the icy Ussuri River that separates Manchuria from Russia's Far East.

Yes, Just a small uninhabited island in the icy Ussuri River!!!!!!!!!!!

And China went to war with USSR!!

This is only a video and no one has declared war!

18. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Excellent stuff Tshering.

BTW the MoD seems to partially waking up in addressing the secuirty concerns in the North East.

I believe that there should not only be changes, but VISIBLE changes so that the population there will know that this nation - from Guj to TN to JnK - will stand by them in case of external aggression.

I think the raising of Arunachal Scouts would have allay their apprehensions a bit.

19. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

The last sentence in the video says it all ...

... how come Tibet is a part of China?

20. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I have said it many times before on this forum, and I say it again:

The N-E region needs a modern dynamic 'business city' on the scale of Bangalore, Hyderabad or Pune. That is the only way the N-E will stop being out of sight, out of mind.

21. Tianshan

Tianshan Regular Member

monsters from a nightmare.

do not worry, monsters cannot steal heaven. but we can raise up hell.