Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Kunal Biswas, Mar 24, 2012.
Army to strengthen base in Arunachal
:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::
That's why GOI appointed JJ there
i hope priority will be also given provide infrastructure facilities like roads, power rather than additional units. Infrastructure can benefit both Army & Civilians to a large extent. Dependence on airlift can be reduced.
Recruitment from the North East should be increased. They can contribute so much to the one factor Chinese have no answer to, the human factor. Fighting on the snow capped Himalayas can be a child's play for them but not so much for the PLA conscript from central or eastern China.
their we must have a strick corp
Get everything there..
get cruise missile defence, that is essential right now.
There is a Special variant produced for Mountain warfare...
wat about ladakh himanchal and uutranchal huge area to defend
Ladakh comes under Northern command. Highest concentration of troops in India.
Invasion of Himanchal and Uttarakhand is highly dependent on narrow passes which are snow bound for most of the year and single file formations it allows will end up in a turkey shoot.
Sikkim and Arunachal will be the entry points. The only sensible way to bypass it will be the air dropping of troops and equipment but PLAAF is way too behind in this particular dept.
acpet wat u said but they can surprise us we must b prepared 4 worst case
it says it can intercept cruise missile................we need these in border special our bases to protect against chines cruise missile attack.
The surprise factor has been dead for 50 years, mate.
Too little. Too late!
Whats that supposed to mean?
Running against time with stupid Ministers and bureaucracy deciding national strategy with a frozen, petrified epilepsy!
Akash wont be good as SA-6 in this region..
Please use normal spelling and not SMS.
You are not being charged for the words!
Airdefence is very Important and IAF role..
There are many advantage we have here, And if one take those advantages one can win..
i think army/govt should take following steps in arunachal/entire north east:
1. Ask BRO (border roads organisation) to step up work on various projects. there should be deadlines listed in 5 year plans. it is essential to have good roads for imporved mobility infrastructure and economic development.
2. improve ALGs (advance landing grounds): IA and IAF should improve the infrastructure/upgrade ALGs in and around arunachal pradesh. these ALGs are a source of replnishment for our troops hence better infrastructure will result in improvement in wartime capability and morale.
3. step up purchase and deployment of helicopters for betetr logisitcal support to troops.
4. increase the induction of troops from entire north east. these guys know their terrain betetr than anyone else.
5. for gods sake stop the corruption (its worse than rest of india) and improve general infrastructure.
Separate names with a comma.